911 Call Lies

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Spade

Spade Member

Yum-Yum

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  2. sue

sue Member

I have heard many kids do that same thing in the same context. It sounds from the part you copied like he used it instead of words to get the idea across that he 'escaped' into his video game. They don't sound like uncontrolled beeps, which could be Tourette's. They sound like he just used them like words.

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Spade ... My mistake in attributing to YOU the idea that those who claimed to have heard the "enhanced 911 tape" may have heard it on GeraldTheHo's Mock trial. However, someone DID make that suggestion, and it makes sense to moi.

That said, whatever GeraldTheHo hearing there may have been is SEPARATE from the REALITY of what is heard on the ACTUAL enhanced 911 tape.

I BELIEVE that Steve Thomas and others heard what they heard. I do NOT dispute that. What I can't find is EVIDENCE that the TRUE enhanced tape was ever played on national TV. Those are separate and distinct issues.

Regardless ... until THE enhanced tape is made PUBLIC, all parties will beleive what they want to beleive ... and spin it to their heart's content.

We NEED to pound this nail into the coffin.

...YumYum

4. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Spade ... that is a silly stance to take.

The voices are there and John is dismissing Burke in a harsh tone of voice.

If I were a JUROR, I certainly would NOT take your word for it (or Steve Thomas' ...) ... I would wanna hear it for myself. That's all I'm asking ... is to HEAR it for myself. Anything less if just "fluffing".

...YumYum

5. Spade

Spade Member

Yum Yum

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  6. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Lordy, lawdy, Spade. You missed EVERY single point that I tried to make. I'm disappointed.

... I'll take responsibility for being a poor communicator ... and allow YOU to make good on your decision to abandon the issue gracefully.

... but ... NO JUROR is gonna buy secondhand hearings of the 911 tape ... why should WE? That's just bullsmit, my friend.

...YumYum

7. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Spade ... If I may ask ... what is your relationship to Gsquared?

...just Curious.

...YumYum

8. Sideways Frog

Sideways Frog Member

I've been reading this thread with interest, and thinking about some of Burkes responses to JonBenets death.

I do not know if Burke has Apergers syndrome or not - but I can tell you from my experience that it certainly sounds like he may have something similar.

I have a child who has a similar disorder (autisitc spectrum disorder) and I can confirm, with certainty, that my child would react in some of the strange unemotional ways discussed here.

My child often does not show what would be considered appropriate emotional responses when confronted with certain situations - often coming across as very cold and loveless because they will just respond with a *so what* shrug of the shoulders or similar responses.

(The truth is they are in fact a very affectionate child underneath)

Also, something that caught my eye was Burke using the phrase *I'm getting on with my life* - I don't know for sure how it is with Apergers but I know my child will parrot phrases they hear others using - wether in real life or on tv - and will use them at highly appropriate moments without really understanding the full impact of what they are saying - I could see them using the same phrase in the same circumstance without understanding how cold or heartless it sounds.

Basically my child has a real problem with communication and empathy with other people - and since their condition is very very similar to Aspergers I can only wonder that Burke does indeed suffer from this condition - hence his entirely inappropriate responses.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Sue, this is possible! I know what you're saying here.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Exactly my thoughts. It sounds like that "getting on with my life" comment is a stock phrase he has picked up somewhere, or that his dad told him what to say. It's nothing any of us would say. I certainly would not have said something like that when my mother died when I was 10. If anyone so much as said anything about that, I burst into tears. Just being around people was a strain, and I was not indifferent about it, really ever.

Heymom

11. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for your response, SF. I understand it was a traumatic time for Burke Ramsey. This was just an assumption on my part that he may have had Tourette's. Burke's behaviour was very close to my brother's grandson.

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Tourettes syndrome is a very distressing and exhausting condition. The winner of our Big Brother this year has Tourettes and although BB was heavily criticsed by the Tourettes Association at the start of the show, it ws generally agreed that Pete was very successful in educating the nation about it and in gaining both understanding and sympathy for sufferers.

People tend to think of the tics and swearing, but what we don't see is the sheer mental and physical exhaustion experienced by the sufferer. Pete collapsed into his bed every night and he really needed periods of quiet to recharge his batteries. His interview at the end was hard to watch. He was trying so hard not to swear and make animal noises that the sweat was literally pouring out of him and he could hardly get a single word out.

He is such a talented individual both musically and artistically who demonstrated time and time again that he doesn't have a mean bone in his body and he was adored by the entire nation from virtually the start. This isn't to say that all Tourettes sufferers are such nice people any more than it would be correct to say that all autistic people are gifted mathematicians!

I think if Burke had Tourettes, we would know about it. Aspergers is a possibility as sufferers can live quite normal lives and they don't necessarily draw attention to themselves.

13. heymom

heymom Member

The American goalkeeper for Manchester United has Tourette's. I understand his is a mild case, but it's well-known that he has it and has battled with it. I thought he was brilliant in goal at first, but then he made a couple of serious mistakes and was moved off the field. I hope he can win his way back into goal because I think he has a good career ahead of him, and what a role model for young people with this problem.

Yes, we'd know it if Burke had Tourette's. Of course there are degrees, but with Patsy's perfectionism, she probably would have had him in treatment or away at boarding schools, so he wouldn't mess up that picture of the perfect family.

Heymm

14. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Yum,
    Here's another piece of the puzzle for you. This is from the November 14, 2000 transcript of an online chat with Steve Thomas at About.com. Many people, including myself, were sending messages asking about the 911 tape and if it had ever been played on Geraldo:

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

So many people I respect and not to mention adore :) swear they heard the enhanced version of the tape.

It wasn't just a couple of people either.

I have to go with the people who heard it. It's just too many people to be ignored.

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

This is just plain silly

Unless one is a conspiracy theorist, there is no reason to believe that Steve Thomas made it up; nor is there reason to believe that so many respected and trusted posters are fabricating the same hallucination that THEY heard it.

While I did not personally hear it (not because I didn't "hear" it, but missed the show), I would swear on a stack of bibles that it was played and heard because all these people have no reason to lie about it AND the people who claimed to hear it are people I have the highest regard and respect for.

So I will go on record as saying that

THE ENHANCED 911 TAPE WAS PLAYED IN ITS ENTIRETY WITH A THIRD VOICE, PRESUMED TO BE BURKE RAMSEY :dammit:

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Barbara and Tricia,

When Lin Wood played the 911 tape on the Today Show, it was reported by dozens of news outlets, especially those in the Boulder area. I even saw a report about it on Entertainment Tonight.

Now don't you think if Geraldo had played it 5 years earlier it would have gotten the same media coverage? Don't you think that the network which Geraldo was on would have put it as a lead story on THEIR news outlets?

None of that happened. The tape was never aired by Geraldo or anyone else until Wood played the redacted version on the Today Show which he got from Mary Lacy.

The only REAL mystery here is what people ACTUALLY heard that they think was the 911 tape.

I'm even thinking Geraldo might have played the Darlie Routier 911 tape and people have gotten it confused...

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Bluestrat,

The thing we know is Burke is on the 911 tape. It's solid evidence. Spade has brought us the info concerning the Grand Jury and the Colorado Law...Spade can you explain the court ruling again about Burke and the tape please? Everytime I try to explain it in my postings it reads like something from South Park :)

Anyway Bluestrat, this is one of those things were you either have to believe the really good and solid posters who heard it or believe that this rather large group did not.

Like I have said, too many great posters say they heard it for me to ignore.

19. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

For the record, I have discovered that GeraldTheHo's "Mock Trial" was a two-part show that aired well before the enhanced 911 tape became publically known. The Mock Trial aired somewhere toward the end of 1997. The National Enquirerer didn't break the story until August (?), 1998. The GeraldTheHo show which discussed the enhanced tape aired on Aug 21, 1998. Therefore, the speculation that a re-enactment of the enhanced 911 call occurred in the Mock Trial is highly unlikely.

That said, I've found NOTHING whatsoever to indicate that the Aerospace enhanced tape was ever played on TV. NBC (Katie Couric) did some enhancements on copied tapes, but were inconclusive at best.

I want to reiterate that I do NOT doubt the integrity of those who have claimed to have seen a show where the Aerospace tape (or a copy of it) was played. I have simply been unable to find any EVIDENCE that it was ever aired.

It seems to me that a Freedom of Information Act (or similar applicable legislation) inquiry might free that information to the public ... and may even result in the Aerospace tape itself being released to the public.

Without DEFINITIVE proof that the Aerospace enhancement was ever aired, I'm forced to withhold judgement on the issue.

Does anyone have access to archives of the early JusticeWatch archives or Mrs Brady's URLs?

... I ask becuz I believe that the Aug 1998 time period was shortly after the demise of Joshua-7 ... and JusticeWatch essentially replaced it. The significance of the enhanced 911 tape would have generated MUCH discussion at the time, and SURELY many followers of the case would have seen the Geraldo show on Aug 21, 1998 and shared their impressions. And surely, Mrs. Brady's URLs would have included associated links to original transcripts and such related to the issue ... right?

Even archived threads from Jambo's site at the time (or was it Murphy's Mountain back then) should shed some light on this issue. IF the actual Aerospace AUDIO was aired, then you can bet BobC's left nut that those archives would include rambunctious discussion on the issue.

BTW ... I recognise that KK and others were NOT online at the time ... but believe me, there were many, MANY others who rabidly followed the case at that time ... and this issue would NOT have slipped by unnoticed.

EDITED TO ADD: Here is a link to the NE Article breaking the Enhanced 911 tape story:

http://www.joshua-7.com/jonbenet/09_01_98.htm

Note that the story is dated September 1, 1998. However, the info was available to the public well before that date.

...YumYUm

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

DoubleY

Posters were met with the same attitude then......this is far from being the first time that this subject has been hashed over.....trust me - it hurts to have to pipe in as far as hearing the 911 call - I will also reveal that I never did see the Geraldo Mock Trial - never ever, so I know that I am not confusing the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice