911 call to be aired 7/8

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Niner

Niner Active Member

(sorry for the typos, typing fast here - my movie is starting!!:mad: well... as I was going to say - I suggest some forums get together... do a presentation on Today Show or whatever - and present the OTHER side!! You guys here could do this!! tricia, RiverRate, Ginja, BobC.... Watching you.... ?? no???:)

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

They didn't play the part

It was only the clip of the three voices that was played before somewhere. And that part was omitted on tonights show.

What struck me as the hardest to believe was the lack of background noise while Patsy is talking. Not a peep from the man in his underwear on the floor reading the ransom note right next to her.

And who is Kath that the dispatcher asked about?

Patsy is stage four again and taking chemo according to Lin but her health is good..........

Random Late Night Musings from one of the few left that won't decline the opportunity to respond-
    RR

3. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Not calling anyone a liar...

The protective order was removed, so it's probably public domain by now.

Thing is, Woodie will probably chop it off at the end. He's not above that.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, as a matter of fact

a poster on another forum has pointed out a major descrepancy between the transcript of the tape and the tape played on the TODAY. There is a possibility the transcript is in error; nonetheless, the descrepancy appears in a critical part of the tape.

At the very end of the tape the 911 operator says "Patsy" several times. In the transcript she says Patsy FIVE times, but on the tape she says Patsy FOUR times before the tape cuts off. IOW, part of the end of the tape is missing. Coinkydink or something more sinister?

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

There was a lot hinky about whatever version they played...and probably more hinky regarding whatever 25th generation of a copy they gave to the network for testing...I don't trust Woody Bin Limpy as far as I can throw him...go listen to exactly how he worded telling Katie about the tape provided to her...it was a slippery comment about it being a copy of the same original that was enhanced or something...but with his slick talk...the real meaning was masked...I can post it later...

...On the version that was played yesterday, there was an audible click, and THEN the operator started saying Patsy over and over.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

LOL Rat about the man in his underwear comment! HA!

OK, I am still trying to calm down from my rage over yesterdays Limp Wood Show, but after all his comments about the lying BPD, will someone explain to me when the spineless BPD will fight back against this :(:(:(:(:(:(:(? They no longer have the case, Antichrist #2 Keenan does. Why don't they ever just get off their butts & fight back? Does Limp have that much power as a civil attorney? Help me to understand this. In all the news articles I've read online today about this latest circus sideshow, it's "Mark Beckner had no comment" or something close to that.

7. Vic

Vic Active Member

It's completely stupid

To listen to that tape and come to any conclusions. To call it the smoking gun is just absurd. Or to say the BPD lied about it.

I thought Patsy sounded out of breath, stressed and upset. You can take that anyway you want: Her daughter really was kidnapped or she was going into Act I with the real emotions of "Oh my God, my daughter is dead and I killed her but can't tell."

I read somewhere that when you send any evidence to the FBI to be tested, that is the end of the testing road. You cannot send it anywhere else, their word on it is final.
    If that is true, then the BPD wouldn't be able to use the enhanced tape in court anyway.

Anyone know if this is true?

Hey, I think Patsy did it. So sue me.

8. Watching You

I honestly can't tell

anything by that tape. I listened to it two or three times. When I am in traumatic situations, I tend to get out of breath like that when I try to talk, although I remain in control, so I can't determine anything by Patsy's out of breath sound. I don't know why she hung up the phone when she did and I wonder why John's voice can't be heard. Okay, so he didn't talk, but whenever I've had to call in an emergency call to 911, (maybe once or twice) I've had three kids and a husband in the background telling me what to say, LOL.

I don't think we can really tell a lot by 911 calls. I listened to Brenda van Dam's 911 call and marveled at how composed she seemed - upset, but composed. I did think Patsy seemed a little, let's say, testy when the 911 operator asked her a question and Patsy replied, "What?" in what seemed to me a snotty tone, as in, why are you asking me such a question?

I have few further observations about whether Patsy sounds real or not. I thought she sounded phoney in the whiney self-serving interviews they did on TV. She really sounded different to me on the tape, not even like the voice I heard on TV, but that may have been the quality of the recording I heard. Without having a lot of other samples of the way she sounds when she talks normally, it's hard for me to judge if she's acting on the tape or not. That in no way means the tape exhonerates Patsy in any way. It means I can't tell by the tape I heard.

9. Tez

Tez Member

Niner

Great idea for having the forum go on tv and present the other side! Now, we would just have sedate Wood for that one! LOL

10. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

It's astounding how gullible some people truly are. We are talking about an audio tape here. It can be edited at any point that the person generating the tape wants to do so. It's been done before and will be done time and time again. Until the original tape is aired in full and that fact is certified I opt to withhold my opinion on the contents of the 911 tape other than to say I find it curious how quiet it is in the background of the tape. I listened to the tape several times and you can hear Patsy, the dispatcher and the dispatcher's typing but little if anything else. I couldn't even pick up static from the radios, which I found highly unusual - one would expect officers to be checking in, other calls being taken, other dispatchers chatting if just to stay awake after all it's almost 6 a.m., shift change noises possibly (anyone know Boulder's shift schedule in 1996?) or something else going on in the background. Either there were no other calls coming in at the same time and Boulder had their staff trained very well or their dispatchers sit in separate areas rather than in a group environment where they can see and hear each other like many dispatch areas are set up. I have worked 911 dispatch. I have reviewed calls and tapes. That tape should have other background noises on it. I can sum it up in three words - It's too clean. JMH&CPO.

11. Ginja

Ginja Member

Wood's Edited Copy

I think someone asked who was lying, Keenan or Wood, in regards to getting the 911 tape.

I think what happened is before Wood was on the scene, actually, it was around the time of the grand jury investigation, it was expected Burke would go before the gj. His attorney went to court to get copies of the police records on Burke, including the 911 tape. The judge listened to the police tape, determined Burke's voice was on it, and ordered the BPD to release a copy to Burke's attorney.

I think it was Burke's attorney (defense attorney) who passed it on to the DA's office. Later, when Lin Wood entered the scene, he either got a copy himself or got the copy Burke's attorney had.

I doubt the judge would have ordered the police to hand over a copy of the tape to Burke's attorney if Burke's voice wasn't on that tape.

But as far as Wood tampering with evidence, he certainly pulled it off once again as it's been noted what played on NBC differs from the transcripts (e.g., dispatcher calling Patsy 5 x in transcripts, but only 4x on Wood's copy).

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

Aeospace's Diligence

The following is information that was pulled together from various police reports and digested into one report in 1998:

While re-listening to the recording of the 911 call made by Patsy in the early morning of December 26, detectives thought they could hear a conversation in the background while Patsy was attempting to hang up the phone. On April 21, Det. Melissa Hickman flew to Los Angeles to meet with M*****and J*******, engineers at Aerospace Corporation, for purposes of enhancing the recording of the 911 call received at the Boulder Regional Dispatch Center.

At her first meeting with the two engineers, Hickman was told that it appeared that the cassette had been recorded in a Dictaphone format which would require a special recorder to recopy. Hickman drove to the nearest Dictaphone company which was located in the San Fernando Valley. A Dictaphone technician examined the tape and told Hickman that the information was not recorded in Dictaphone format. Hickman, feeling the frustration of the proverbial goose chase, returned to her hotel.

That evening, J***** called her at the hotel and asked her to return to Aerospace. J***** had decided that the tape probably had been recorded on a regular format which could be copied digitally by their computer. A hard drive disk was made of the tape, and this disk was copied to a JAZ drive, a large disk with more memory than a standard floppy disk.

On the morning of April 22, Hickman met again with J**** in his office at Aerospace. Hickman and J**** went to a small lab to work with the disk to try to filter out extraneous noise and enhance the voices in the background. J**** made several variations using different noise reduction settings, and those recordings were then copied onto the JAZ drive. They returned to J****'s office where they were able to further enhance the disk. With this latest enhancement, they were able to hear two voices on the tape -- one of which sounded like a juvenile male, and the second one appeared to be Patsy. The first words seemed to belong to the juvenile, and then Patsy is heard to say, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus." The voice again appeared to be the juvenile male saying, "Please, what do I do?" Hickman and J**** agreed to meet again in the morning to continue enhancing the tape.

When Hickman returned to Aerospacce the next morning to meet with J****, he said that he had continued listening to the disk after Hickman had left for the evening. He and another engineer had played the original version of the 911 call that had been transferred to the JAZ drive and found that to be the clearest recording. Both engineers had heard three distinct voices on the tape and wrote down what they thought was being said. The tape was then played for Hickman. After listening to the tape three or four times, Hickman heard John Ramsey say "We're not speaking to you," in what sounded like a very angry voice. Patsy then says, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus," and finally Burke is clearly heard to say, "Well, what did you find?", with an emphasis on the word "did". After Hickman told the engineers her impression of the conversation, J**** handed her a piece of notepaper containing the conversation heard by himself and his fellow engineer -- the conversation as written down was exactly as Hickman herself had just heard.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LIN WOOD MUST HAVE GIVEN NBC AND EDITED VERSION OF THE TAPE
    I want to stress that I am drawing my own constitutionally protected opinion that Wood must have given NBC an edited version. After reading what Ginja posted it seems that is the only logical conclusion you can draw.

Why did 48 Hours pull the show? They had already run promo's for it.

48 Hours has always given the Ramsey's more than their fair share of time to spin their lies. Yet for 48 Hours to pull their show AFTER running promo's for it shows something major went down.

WHY DID 48 HOURS PULL THE SHOW?

Everyone. Read what Ginja posted. Print it out. Read it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  14. Ginja

Ginja Member

What'd I miss, Trish?

I'm lost...what's going on? What 48 Hours show got pulled?

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I repeat - That tape should have other background noises on it. I can sum it up in three words - It's too clean. JMH&CPO.

16. Tricia

Yes Ginja this show was suppose to be on 48 Hours in June. A promo was shown. When I spoke with the producer he indicated to me that 48 Hours and Lin Wood were are some sort of a stand still concering the tape.

Then lo and behold. No 48 Hours show. Lin Wood shows up on NBC and surprise......no Burke on the tape.

I want to stress that I am drawing my own constitutionally protected opinion that Wood must have given NBC an edited version. After reading what Ginja posted it seems that is the only logical conclusion you can draw.

17. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

I think

Tricia means "Dateline".

Since the conversation was said to have happened after Patsy thought she hung up, it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me that the end was truncated and the additional conversation was omitted.

Ayeka

18. Tricia

Ayeka I am confused. When I said Lin Wood showed up on NBC I meant The Today Show, Dateline and wherever else they put him.

Still think Burke isn't on the tape?

Read this:
    May 30, 1999 Section: Local Edition: Final Page Number: 24A
    TAPED COPY OF 911 CALL GIVEN TO RAMSEY FAMILY BROTHER OF JONBENET IS HEARD ON RECORDING WHEN PARENTS SAID HE WAS ASLEEP, REPORT SAYS

News Staff
    Patsy and John Ramsey have been given a copy of a 911 tape that apparently contradicts some of their statements to police, Newsweek is reporting in its June 7 issue.

The tape was made Dec. 26, 1996 - the morning that the Ramseys' daughter, JonBenet, was reported missing. She was found dead hours later in the basement of the family's Boulder home.
    The Ramseys told police that their son Burke was asleep when Patsy Ramsey called 911 at 5:52 a.m. that morning.

But his voice can be heard on the tape, according to published reports.

Burke Ramsey was called before the Boulder grand jury, which has been investigating JonBenet's murder since last fall.

Shortly before Burke Ramsey's testimony, a judge ordered Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter to turn over a copy of the tape to the Ramseys, Newsweek reported.

In Colorado, a person testifying before a grand jury is allowed to see any ``prior statement'' he or she made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If I am not mistaken, and I need to research this, Burke's lawyer also petition on behalf of Burke to get the tape before his grand jury testimony. The judge granted the Ramsey's along with Burke's lawyer access to the tape.

If Burke's lawyer was also granted permission to hear the tape then he must have been on it. If he wasn't then, by Colorado law Burke's lawyer would have had no right to the tape.

I will correct myself and admit to my mistake if I find out that Burke did not petition the court and his lawyer was given a copy of the tape.

Tricia

19. Watching You

Anybody got any air freshener?

sniff, sniff, phewwwww...

I smell a SKANK

Is that the :lier: jameson stinking up our beautiful forum again? Wonder what pile of chit she's been rolling in this time. Go on, git, scat, you vile disgusting stinking creature.

:wave: to all the little heads who followed the :lier:'s link. Please feel free to read all the threads - you'll find the real truth here, not Rambot propaganda.

20. Tricia

VP I knew I could count on you.

Let's wrap this up folks.

Colorado law: a person testifying before a grand jury is allowed to see any ``prior statement'' he or she made.

From VP according to Longmont FYI:
    "Newsweek, in an edition to be published this week, claims Burke Ramsey 's lawyer was given a copy of the tape of Patsy Ramsey 's 911 call early in the morning of Dec. 26, 1996.

Burke Ramsey reportedly testified before the grand jury nearly two weeks ago and, according to the June 7 edition of Newsweek, Burke's Atlanta-based lawyer, Jim Jenkins, was given a copy of the tape. "

Colorado law: a person testifying before a grand jury is allowed to see any ``prior statement'' he or she made.

IF BURKE'S VOICE WAS NOT ON THE TAPE HIS LAWYER WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN A COPY

Any questions?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice