A Call For Protection

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Apr 2, 2002.

1. fly

fly Member

Freebird & JR & BobC

Freebird - How about taking a minute to actually read my posts? If you do, you'll find:

<i>I'm not saying the Ramseys should be praised wildly for talking to the Kiwanis Club.</i> (from an early post on this thread)

<i>The Ramseys don't deserve special attention for their talk, but they don't deserve to be criticized for it.</i> (from a post one or two back)

Try not to misstate my position, OK?

JR - I couldn't understand why you'd reply with all that stuff about what you'd do if your child showed antisocial behavior. Finally realized you totally misunderstood my question that I posed after describing a lot of antisocial behavior. I wasn't asking if you'd scold your child for that antisocial behavior, I was asking if your answer concerning scolding over a messy/made bed would change if your kid happened to be a lowlife *******.

BobC - Don't waste your time. After 5+ years on the forums, this fly is pretty darn immune to Raid, has a very high tolerance to heat, and is much too nimble to get seriously caught on any flypaper.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Fly

Fly how do you feel about the Ramseys lying aboout their son not being up that morning? After all, they are now admitting that he was up, after lying for five yeas, and since he was in the room right next to the kidnapping victim, we might conclude that the Ramseys were actively trying to keep the whole truth from being known.

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

OK Fly

Glad to know you are resistant to pest strips etc,.

I will try to sum up my point in all of this very simply. Can't recall who actually coined the phrase but:

<b>Actions speak louder than words.</b>

The words were not action, simply words. Nuff said.

4. fly

fly Member

BobC & JR

BobC - I think it stinks. But as I told you before, that is a completely different issue. The issue I brought up is the basic unfairness of criticizing the Ramseys for NOT DOING anything their Nehemiah Project (or SHOES, etc.) proposed, and then criticizing them when they DID DO something to promote that cause.

Call them hypocrites. Call the murdurers. Call them obstructors of justice. Call them liars. That's not a problem for me, nor the issue at hand.

JR - Words ARE actions in this case. Their speech, as far as I can tell, was an effort to get people involved. You don't think just the Ramseys would be enough to accomplish the goals of the Nehemiah Project, do you? Seems like you have to get a lot of people working together toward that goal, letting legislators known the laws ought to be changed, etc. So, they were actively trying to get more people involved. That is an ACTION (however small), not empty words.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Fly

Sorry, guess we have to agree to disagree. IMHO, words are not actions when it comes to such important issues and I believe those words were simply self-serving at best.

6. BobC

I understand, Fly. It's nice to hear that their hypocrisy kind of annoys you as well. I think sometimes it comes across like you think five years of evasion of Justice should just be ignored and that John and Patsy should be treated with the same nuetrality we'd extend to other people who didn't have a dead six-year old in their basement.

Listen John and Patsy aren't serial killers and the level of hatred some people hurl in their direction is a bit ridiculous, but to me they've asked for a lot of what they've gotten. Even OJ Simpson eventually had enough class to just go away.

7. BobC

One more thing

A lot fo the resentment comes from how money obviously buys injustice in this country. I just read a book on Madonna and apparently she has a brother who is a coke head who broke into some store to steal money for drugs. Well, madonna hired something like 5 high-priced defense lawyers and voila! You guessed it! He got off scott free! Of course then, when Madonna decided to stop paying his legal bills, he was convicted shortly thereafter on a similar charge. The only thing that really changed there was the amount of money involved.

It's wrong. Money should not govern the system yet it does. Poor people shouldn't suffer because they can't afford decent representation either. So to me, when the Ramseys incessantly appear on TV, always whining, I guess I just feel like they are rubbing our noses in it. Don't expect me to like it.

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Thread Split

In order to preserve case history, I have moved the posts regarding Rachel Cooke to the Rachel Cooke forum. You can locate those posts by following this path:

Forums For Justice > Forums for Justice > Forums for the Missing and Exploited > Rachel Cooke: Missing - Public Forum > The Search for Rachel Cooke > A Call For Protection - Rachel Cooke

or this link:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=862

If you are interested in following a specific topic, the best thing to do is to "Subscribe" to the thread. To subscribe to a thread, drop to the bottom of the page and click on "Subscribe to this thread." You will receive an email when a new post is added to the thread. The email provides a link back to the thread.

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Additional Information

For those who were following the questions regarding Rachel Cooke, you might be interested in visiting the Rachel Cooke-Special Kvue site.

Many new areas have been added to the Kvue site, including a link where the Cookes send a message to their daughter's abductor.

All of the new video clips in the special Q&A section are worth viewing.

Kvue will also be updating RC's diary this week to add the days from her disappearance forward.

http://www.kvue.com/

10. Kathryn33

Kathryn33 FFJ Senior Member

To Fly

Fly, there is one thing in which you are amiss:

Any itty bitty "positive" thing that the R's do is for one reason and one reason only-----to cover their arses. It would make no difference at this point if they donated a million dollars to "Shoes." It's a phony operation and anyone with an IQ of 70 or above can see through them. They are adnauseum. I can't understand why ANYONE would defend ANYTHING that they do.

Let's not pat them on the back for trying to "look" good. It's too late.

11. fly

fly Member

Kathryn33

Kathryn33 - Perhaps you should reread my posts, because you are suggesting I've said things that I clearly have not said or implied, and you have absolutely no understanding of the very simple issue involved: If you criticize someone for NOT doing something, you shouldn't criticize them when they actually DO something. ("Shame on you - you haven't made your bed," followed by, "Shame on you - you made your bed," is not fair, even for scumbags.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice