A Must Read

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Bob, what is conspicuously absent is Jonbenet and what she suffered. Everything was about ME ME ME.

And then there was that Miss America pin. Perhaps the most ridiculously telling thing of all.

Good Lord. It still disgusts me almost eight years later.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'm late for my shopping excusion; I should have known better than to check in here before leaving.

I just have a couple of things to say - first, thank you, Bob, for your most excellent review of Lee's book. It verifies what many of us have been saying for nearly eight years in the face of the statements coming from the RST that "the investigation is going a different way now that the DA's office has it," and "the evidence has changed in seven years." EVIDENCE DOES NOT CHANGE. The evidence the DA's office has allegedly been working with for almost two years is the very same evidence that was there from the beginning - evidence collected by the BPD. The only thing that has changed is that the spin on that evidence is now all RST spin.

That said, I also need to say that in all these years, I have NEVER doubted either Steve Thomas' or Fleet White's integrity. I know that one day they will both be vindicated of all the evil accusations against them. Lee's book may be a first step in that direction.

There is one more thing. I used to be a Henry Lee admirer, and I still think he is among the top men in his field; however, ever since the Simpson trial, I have found what I believe to be descrepancies in his books and I also believe that when he is on the witness stand, you have to pay attention to everything he says and how he says it, because he may appear to be saying something positive for the defense (or the prosecution), but he words things in such a way that leaves a lot of leeway, no pun intended.

I just read a book, A PERFECT HUSBAND, about Michael Peterson, an author who killed his wife by beating her and shoving her down the stairs. It was the second woman who had died that way who was acquainted with Peterson. Lee testified for the defense in this case, and he was dead wrong. He stated this woman got all her injuries falling down the stairs, but the facts showed it was impossible for her to have sustained all her injuries that way. In addition, blood splatter evidence showed Lee was wrong, also. However, as in some other cases Lee has testified in, it's what he doesn't say that's important. He is a cagey fellow.

In reading Lee's books, I have found mistakes in the facts in JBR case, before. While I agree with what Bob has reported here, and it sounds as if Lee has gotten most everything right, Pope's illustration of a blatant error on Lee's part is an example of how he sometimes botches things up when he's writing. In his previous book, I spotted several careless mistakes, which could have been prevented had he only taken the time to check his facts.

So, I would urge some caution in taking everything Lee says as absolute fact, while looking beyond what could be conceived as gossip and getting into the nitty gritty. It's about time someone who has respect in his field stood up for the truth in this case, and I am glad he has. As I said, I have some issues with Henry Lee, but I still feel he is brilliant. He is also a complex man and I think he sometimes cuts corners in his research for books. They are minor mistakes in fact, but they are important because they cut into his credibility in the big things.

JMO I'm going to go buy this book.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Yeah, I'll be glad when he rises and shines this morning! :cafe:

4. Elle

Elle Member

Great post!

Not much anyone can add to this great post JC!

5. Elle

Elle Member

FW, I was advised to stop reading everything else I was reading in the JonBenét case, and read Steve Thomas' book first. I'm glad I did. I felt it was a true account because of his police reports. I also thought Fleet White and his wife had been thrown under the Ramsey bus very quickly.

I have seen Dr. Lee on TV a few times, and with no offense I have problems understanding what he's saying. You do have to pay attention, and even at that, it's still difficult. His book would be better to read to confirm what he has said in all of his interviews. The one question everyone is waiting to hear from Bob is did Dr. Lee ever say it was "not" a DNA case

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

exactly, Driver.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice