A reminder

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My guess is that she's going to lurk at Patsy's funeral.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Have a pit barbecue with all his comrades, make some nice boots and a coat from the hide, and take a long and well-deserved vacation....

Until the next dragon shows up.

3. Jayelles

sick Sick SICK

This is heartbreaking.

A journalist from the Observer wrote that she saw the whole of that dreadful autopsy photo which showes the garotte embedded in little JonBenet's neck. The photo which is on the Web (and which I cannot look at)... is apparently cropped. The whole photo shows her little face - mouth, eyes... The journalist said Michael Tracey showed it to her and that it affected her deeply.

jameson was quick to report that she has a copy of that photo. How can anyone bear to keep copies of those photos? I find that sick - utterly sick. They belong in a police file - not in the possession of a private individual.

I was in Canada when a book about the Bernardo/Homolka case was published. I bought the book to read on a long flight and I couldn't finish it. It was so graphic and I actually felt as if I were intruding. When I got home, I half filled a wheelbarrow with sand and burnt the book. How the victim's family felt about such a book being published, I have no idea.

Am I alone in feeling this way? I can understand that seeing an image of the injuries might help to solve the crime ... but surely there is no need for photos showing the victim's face to be anywhere other than in the police file?

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I guess we can thank Lou Smit for the release of crime scene photos that were the property of the BPD and also for the autopsy photos that made it into the public arena. No, Susan Bennett should not be in possession of those photos, but it's just one more example of the weirdness of this case. She's a resident of NC with no official capacity in LE in Boulder, CO. Those pictures bother me a lot, but it bothers me more that they were used in such a way by Smit and the RST in their propaganda crusade. That is really sick.

5. Jayelles

I am so glad you share my sentiments.

I find it absolutely heartbreaking to think that the likes of Michael Tracey and Susan Bennett possess this most intimate of photos. IMO, such an image desecrates the victim. *Someone* made copies of them and IMO, that person has a sin to answer for. That person is heartless and in sharing the image, has demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the victim.

Imagine if that was your child or mine?

6. Elle

Elle Member

I think these autopsy photos should remain sealed in a special place, but in today's world, this isn't the case. Tabloids pay big money, and there are always crooks around. Plus, these photos are on all the JonBenét discussion boards. It's the times we live in. There should be more control over autopsy photos.

Kristen French's parents tried to ban this book and movie, you speak of, Jay This crime happened in the city of St. Catharines, Ontario. Just a half hour drive from here. Paul Bernardo was also the Scarborough Rapist. Too bad he slipped through their fingers before he turned into a killer.

7. wombat

wombat Member

How is Karla (Homolka, Bernardo's wife and co-murderer), Elle? Are there still many stories about her or has she disappeared? I know she moved to Montreal after they finally had to let her out of prison. I really thought someone would kill her after she was let out.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

What makes me even sicker, Jayelles, is that John and Patsy Ramsey supported Smit and his cronies in releasing those photos. How could they have agreed to have those gruesome photos distributed to the world? But, I heard nary a word in protest from the Ramseys.

jameson had no qualms at all about plastering them on her forum. Just as with other arbitrary drawings and photos she has gleefully shown, she claims to be doing it for the cause of solving the case. That is pure BS. To me, it was just another example of her own twisted perversions.

9. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

First, one has to believe the things that are said over there.

Second, one has to have a real heart to feel the sadness and hearbreak you describe in seeing such things.

Third, Forty thousand dollars and only a few know exactly how much more has been made and YET TO COME is, for some, an antidote to the heartache.

This has never been about justice and heart for Jameson. This has been a personal agenda and money maker from day one. There was never any doubt that (in my mind anyway) she was initially paid to be the advocate, and then as she saw the profits just waiting to be had, coupled with the Ramseys and their cronies distancing themselves from her, and once they didn't like her any more, with themselves making all the big bucks, saw all her opportunities come to fruition big time. After all, she has rationalized this so many times on her forum with her "bills to pay", etc.

While this is just my personal opinion, I am sure others share this opinion.

She is not fooling anyone with the exception of a few on her forum who are misfits, unfit to post elsewhere. I don't even think she fools all of them, but some have no other place to go.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"There's more than one Dragon in the Sea, Sweetie. Trust me - I had sweet visions of RiverRat's Retirement Party all day long yesterday........and then I remembered that the Killer of little Jessica Lunsford is set for trial next month.........so.........Sorry to My Swamp Friends, but I've decided to stay on the job."

And:

"Until the next dragon shows up."

Well, one thing's sure: the pimping for her so far on the TV has been sickening, but not unexpected. Here in the US, we saw the same whitewashing when Richard Nixon died. Doesn't make it right.

11. Jayelles

I agree with you. This goes beyond trying to find a killer - where is the compassion for the victim?

jameson has always hinted about things she knows and can't tell which would prove the Ramseys' innocence. WHY NOT? I'm damned sure I'd be content to post little "I know something you don't know" hints on the Internet about a case if there was the slightest chance they'd solve it. What kind of person does that? One who is waiting for the highest bidder? One who doesn't really know anything at all?

One things is for sure. jameson doesn't *know* the Ramseys. She has met them on a handful of occasions - meetings which were pre-arranged and during which they were guarded (according to John's depo). She writes as though she were a close friend and confidante, but that was only ever in her dreams.

What kind of person keeps photos of dead babies' faces? What for? I cannot understand that. A photo of an injury is less personal but who can look at the baby's face - that poor defenceless baby - God only knows the horros she knew before she closed her wee eyes for the last time.

I'm sorry. This is too much.

12. Jayelles

I was in Canada at that time Elle. I remember someone pointing out the house to me one day when we had a day out to Port Dalhousie and that was why I bought the book. However, the book was too personal. I just couldn't read that stuff. I felt I had no right to be reading it. I hope Kirsten's parents succeeded in getting the book and video banned. Maybe some folks will think I was mad for burning that book, but I just didn't want it to exist. It was too awful. It would have been bad enough if it had been fiction - but that poor young girl...

With regard to the JBR autopsy photos - please realise that I am drawing a distinction between the autopsy photos which show a bruise or an area of skin and those which show her wee face.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I wouldn't read this book either, Jay. My son drove me past the pink house which the Bernardo's rented in Port Dalhousie. It was such a sad way it happened. Kristen did attend Holy Cross school in St. Catharines, and walking home from school, she was asked for directions, and she was gone. Whipped into the car, with one shoe falling off. I think I told you before, the owner had the house bulldozed to the ground. Trust the Ramseys to sell theirs.

Yes, I know it was the ones with JonBenét's face that's upsetting you. They are difficult to look at. Although I have participated in the wrist knot photos, I still think autopsy photos should all be locked up, but the police need access to them too. Vicious circle.

The movie was already on TV, Jay. I didn't watch it. Of course, we'll never know of how many others he may have murdered before Kristine French and Leslie Mahaffie. Leslie's Dad locked her out that night, to teach her a lesson. Stupid man! I don't know how he can live with that one (?).

14. Jayelles

OMG - that is heartbreaking Elle. I have been tempted to lock my son out after he repeatedly forgets his keys and wakens the entire household up when he comes home late. I've muttered to myself that I should make him sleep in the garage to teach him a lesson but I never would.

I couldn't live with myself if that happened.

I hope the movie was heavily censored.

15. Elle

Elle Member

You know, Jay, you would never forgive yourself if anything bad happened to him. I'm sure you can find another, safer way.

About the movie, I haven't spoken to anyone who watched it. In the local papers, the French family tried so hard to ban it, also to keep Karla Homolka in jail. They didn't succeed. As far as I know Karla is living in Quebec.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice