According to Susan Bennet Patsy Needs a Miracle.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Prairie

Prairie Member

Does anyone here think that John and Patsy were ever really in love? I mean, the kind of passion that I feel for my husband and Sean Connery.

Can you think of one instance when he was publicly kind to her or showed warmth?

Can you think of an example of Patsy being warm to John? Looking at him adoringly?

Shall we start a pool on how long it takes before John remarries?

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Who got more of what they loved because JonBenet was dead? To my eyes, it was Patsy.

To mine, it would be Burke.

I don't think it'll take John long to find another woman; I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already, going on with his life ya know.

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Why-Nut

Why-Nut, I agree with Tricia. That is a well-written post, with some unique observations.

There is little doubt that Patsy was a “Diva,†in her own mind. She exhibited all the symptoms of enjoying and seeking the spotlight. I had never given much thought to her relationship with her mother, and how it might have molded her persona, until after reading your post.

I knew a “Diva†in Tampa. She was a very popular show girl (headliner) and she was extremely close to her mother. This “Diva†was in her 60’s and her Mother just died a couple of years ago. Anyway, she had to be the center of attention, off stage as well as on. She was ever finding ways and means to impress her mother. I did not know her well enough to notice changes after her mother died, but I know others who made comments on how she continues to grieve.

I do believe that Patsy continues to grieve her Miss America loss and the subsequent disappointment to her Mother. That loss was, no doubt, the motivating factor in her desire to push little JonBenet into those tacky baby pageants. Her daughter would become what she failed at achieving.

It is hard to imagine that juvenile thought process, but it is a fact that there are many parents, associated with baby pageants, who think that way. What made the Ramsey’s so different is that, unlike most of the others, they had plenty of money to indulge these delusional fantasies. Most people in their social and financial position would not dream of exposing their children to publicity in such an awful manner.

It seems like we have explored just about everything we can think of, in reference to Patsy’s motivations. Now, Why-Nut has given us a bit more food for thought.

Greenleaf
    :leaf:

4. FreeFalling

FreeFalling Banned for Stupidity

This is replying to a post above about Burke's therapy.

What good is therapy if he can't tell the truth? And we know he can't..............................YET.

Maybe being on his own at college will inspire him to really tell the truth. For his sake, I hope so.

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

Death penalty

I've always been for the death penalty; but then there are those times I think: it would be better for that person to rot in a prison cell and think about nothing else but the fact that he/she wouldn't be there but for their heinous acts. A lifetime can be very long when you're locked up and your freedom taken.

That's how I see Patsy these past 8-9 years. She said up front that her daughter would never know cancer. I think that cancer had plenty to do with Patsy's motivation. Patsy also said that "she'd be with JonBenet soon".

Perhaps Patsy thought she was dying 9 years ago...instead, her hell on earth is the fact that she suffers here....alone...without JonBenet.

When you think about it, her mortal life is typical of a prison. She has no freedoms...not like before. She can't go out without being recognized...and most times, that recognition are the whispers that she killed her daughter.

She's been battling cancer, bad press, frivilous lawsuits, a lovelss marriage...and now her son is off to college.

And she looks like hell.

Perhaps all Patsy's been doing for these last 9 years is praying for her death...a death she thought was so close at hand when she pulled the rug of life out from under her daughter.

6. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Hi Ginja

and Maybe Patsy is just feeling sorry for all she went thru because afterall, "they didn't mean for this to happen"

HI GINJA ! and Hows Szundi?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice