Ah ha! John LIED About Pineapple!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by YumYum012, Jul 15, 2006.

1. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Here's a piece from The RMN (Lisa Levitt Ryckman) Aug 17, 1997

Talented and resourceful, Patsy was a forensics coach's dream, said Linda Edison McLean, who met Patsy in 1973, when McLean started coaching the school's speech and debate teams.
    "It would be like a first-year basketball coach finding an all-American on the team,'' McLean said. Patsy's particular strength was oral interpretation, which requires a student to interpret a scene from a story or play without costume or props.
    Patsy won the state championship in both her junior and senior years and placed second in a national competition for her interpretation of a scene from the play The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, the same scene she used to win the Miss West Virginia pageant in 1977.

Here's the URL to the full article:

http://www.denver-rmn.com/extra/ramsey/0817jon1.htm

Patsy was pretty tight with "The Prime ...", it would seem.

YumYUm

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Anyone interested in calling Linda Edison McLean before the RST does, and tells her to keep mum about the whole Prime of Miss Jean deal? An audio recording would be nice :D

BTW ... I just noticed that I have posted almost 110 times since rearing my ugly head about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My apologies for my excessive posting. I'll try to cut back.

...YumYum

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

And here is a reference to the "Prime" from Pasty herself ... during interviews with BPF Steve Thomas, Tom Trujillo, etc on April 30, 1997:

TT: Okay. Did any scholarships come out of that?
    PR: Yes. I uh, there was some scholarship for winning Miss West Virginia. I can’t remember exactly how much and then at the Miss America pageant I won a non-finalist talent award and I think it was a $2,000 scholarship for that.
    TT: I’ve got to ask which talent.
    PR: (Laughter) “The Kiss of Death†dramatic dialog.
    ??: (Laugher)
    ST: (Inaudible) Miss Jean Brody.
    PR: Your right.
    TT; Was that, was that earlier?
    PR: “The Pride of Miss Jean Brody.†Well actual. . . no it wasn’t, actually what happened, uh, I did the Miss Jean Brody, I competed in high school with that and uh, placed nationally with it and then I had done that for Miss West Virginia and won with that and then when you go to Miss America you have to do through this business of um, in the event you make the top ten and your on television there are all these rights and royalties or whatever they call it and uh, I have, they have to give you clearance, okay, and to make a long story short, I was unable to get clearance for this. Uh, I can’t remember exactly the details, but uh, I ended up writing a dialog that I used and I don’t even remember, but it had a lot of the same characterizations and that kind of thing. It was all, I was definitely thrilled when I won the talent, you know, because it was a real chore getting there.

I'm unsure whether the "Kiss of Death" dialog was the piece that we are discussing, or not. It may just be a joke.

Also ... note what I assume is a transcription error “The Pride of Miss Jean Brody.†The spelling of Brodie is incorrect (but might be useful in Google searches) ... and the "PRIDE" should have been "PRIME". Patsy wouldn't have gotten that wrong.

Here's where I got the quotes (you folks are great):

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=3984

...YumYum

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The world as I know it would cease to exist.
    :unreal:
    RR

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And why have we never heard if the spoon was tested for fingerprints? Or were they unable to retrieve any? You'd think if they tested the bowl and glass, they would have also tested the handle of the spoon for fingerprints.

And why wouldn't they have tested all three (the glass, bowl and spoon) for DNA?

Pineapple is a known diuretic. If JonBenet ate pineapple before going to bed Christmas night (and her stomach/intestinal contents tell me she did), then it had the potential to exacerbate her bed-wetting problem.

6. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Patsy won the Miss West Virginia pageant held in June 1977. For her talent presentation, she used a scene from a play called, "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie." This was the same scene she had performed to win national honors on our high school forensics team.

Patsy called pageant [Miss America] officials and changed her talent presentation to a dramatic dialogue called "Deadline" which she had been working on writitng since the controversy began.

It was just one "scene" that had the same types of characters that were in the scene from the play she had used before. She had worked so hard on those characterizations that she just wanted to be able to use the same "voice" and the same "gestures" and the same "emotions" that she had practiced.

Anyway, the scene was between a columnist and a young school teacher and expressed Patsy's views on censhorship.

I don't remember the words of the scene at all. I looked for a copy of it but can't find it anywhere. I wonder if they have it on tape at pageant headquarters somewhere. - Linda Edison McLean, JonBenet's Mother the Tragedy and the Truth.

My guess it was a scene with Miss Brodie in Miss McKay's office.

It's also my guess that a text of that scene is what was written on the missing pages from the tablet the ransom note was written on.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't know, Chero, but I darn sure wonder why, if Keenan really wanted to work this case, she hasn't subpoenaed the Ramsey phone records which were in BPD evidence storage at one time. Who knows, they might find out that INTRUDER called the Ramseys once upon a time! Hang up. Wrong number. Magazine sales. How do they know?

Or maybe they'd find calls from the "missing cell phone" leading to the killer, who found it and used it!

Or maybe they'd find the Ramseys called someone in the wee hours of the morning of the 26th, and who they called, when they were supposed to be asleep while their child was being murdered. Or maybe they'd find the intruder used their phone while he was in the house? I mean, there is NO WAY they shouldn't have been ALL OVER those phone records, if they really wanted to catch a killer.

NO WAY!

It's the same with the DNA from the spoon, glass, and bowl. I cannot believe they haven't tested those to this day. In fact, I don't believe it. Schiller and Lee might not know about it, but how in hell can they NOT have tested those, as important as this is to solving a murder case?

I swear, I really should be over getting angry about the nightmare this case is, but I just can't even think about it without wanting to smack someone!

Come here, Punisher! You're young and strong. :rs:

8. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

TeaBag ... Used or Not?

I'm just thinkin' out loud here (can ya smell the wood burnin'?).

I don't know much about the whole tea/teabag issue. I'm not convinced that it's in any way related to the crime (unlike the pineapple). It's also interesting to note that neither Patsy nor John felt any urgency to explain away the teabag and glass ... unlike their need to explain away the pineapple. Curious, ain't it?

But ... regarding the teabag. Do we KNOW whether the teabag had been used? This could be important. If it was unused, then it's very possible that someone had intended to make some ice tea, but decided against it, or was distracted for some reason. Ya grab a glass, grab a teabag and thrown it in the empty glass, and put it on the table. Grab a saucepan, put some water in it, put it on a burner, and wait for it to boil.

... do we know whether or not the cops noticed a pot on the stove with water in it? Or empty ... as in evaporated water? Perhaps one with a scorched bottom from leaving it on the burner after the water evaporated?

I don't make iced tea, so I don't know how you'd make a single glass of it. When the water was finished heating, would you just pour some in the glass, swish it around some, then fill the glass with ice or icewater? Seems like a fast and dirty way to get your beloved ice tea fix, eh?

Btw ... I just did this at home. Boiled a VERY SMALL amount of water ... very quickly, and poured just a couple ounces into a glass with a teabag and swished it around ... creating a strong tea brew. I removed the teabag, added some sugar, a spritz of RealLemon, and about 5 ounces of ice water. Voila! It's GREAT!!! And EXTREMELY FAST!!! Try this for yourself at home. :D

Just something to ponder.

Something else I'm curious about is whether the cops went through the Ramseys' garbage. Did they find ANY used tea bags? Cuz if they DID, then doesn't that fly in the face of the impression that both John and Patsy tried to leave ... that is, that tea was a "summertime" drink? Hmmmmm. I'm guessin' you'd have found SEVERAL spent tea bags in the trash.

Edited to add ... Thanks, KK (and others) for for including the penquins ... i still can't get enough of 'em.

...YumYum

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I know, KK, and I feel the same way. My poor hubby doesn't understand why I can still get so upset about this case. :burnedup:

Of COURSE the DA's office should have subpoened the phone records. Of COURSE they should have tested the bowl, spoon and glass for DNA. Of COURSE they should never have let the Ramseys refused to be questioned immediately and separately. OF COURSE the DA should never have given the Ramseys and their lawyers case evidence.

But they did. And the reason is simple. The DA didn't want to solve this case because they didn't want the answer to who perpetrated the crime. They knew, just like we know, the Ramseys were involved, but they also knew they could never successfully prosecute the Ramseys even IF they wanted to.

Alex Hunter was a plea-bargaining DA. That's it. Plain and simple. He never went to jury trial if he could help it, and up against a law firm like Haddon & Co., he knew he was toast. Even if he'd had an airtight, unbungled case from the start, it would have been next to impossible for him to win against the Ramseys and their political/legal juggernaut in Colorado. It would have been a long, drawn-out affair, and the end result would have been the same ... the Ramseys would walk ... just like OJ did.

The best Hunter could hope for was that the Ramseys might plea bargain with him and thus save him the humiliation and embarrassment of taking the Ramseys to court. To that end, he gave them evidence and made nicey-nice with them, kow-towing to their every demand. The Ramsey lawyers played Hunter like the fool he was. They strung him along holding out the carrot of "cooperation" if he'd just give them one more thing.

There's also the possibility that Hunter, because of his connections to Haddon, was in on the fix from the beginning, and only played at "investigating" the case.

Which is where we are today ten year later. The DA's office is still "investigating" the case with no monetary resources, a part-time paper pusher allegedly going through the mountains of files, with no credible leads other than those that point right back to the Ramseys.

I will bet anyone on any of the JBR forums that TWENTY years from now, the "investigation" will still be in the same place it is today. Nothing will have changed because the case has already been solved, but the powers-that-be don't like the solution. So the case remains in limbo, and we have no resolution. It will ever be thus.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey Cherokee, I know someone who has followed the case (he doesn't post though) who swears this is the true. He is a lawyer and thinks this is the only logical reason for the JBR case to have been handled the way it was.

This is not that far out of the realm of reality. But there really isn't any evidence to suggest it's true.

The only thing the evidence suggests is there was no intruder and the D.A. refused to give the police all the investigative tools to do their job.

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

There is no concrete evidence, but there is no doubt that Hunter was in on the cover up from the beginning

Haddon had/has a lot of power and albeit, nobody will ever be brought to justice for it, it is common knowledge amongst the people on the inside that Hunter did whatever Haddon demanded and obstructed justice. But this was and still is, Boulder, Colorado and since they ALL have something corrupt to hide, swept it all under the rug. Nobody was prepared to go up against Haddon, to this day!

Fleet White had it right! No Justice for JonBenet Ramsey

12. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

It's difficult to tell for sure because the picture quality is so poor but it appears to me the tea bag is used. In an unused bag the tea leaves are loose and at the bottom of the bag. The tea leaves in this bag appear to be clinging to the sides of the bag but again it's such a poor quality picture it may just be the graininess of the picture and not tea leaves at all.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Come here, Punisher! You're young and strong."

Strong as an ox! Strong enough to crush JR if he had the guts to face me in honorable combat!

"(can ya smell the wood burnin'?)."

You might be more right than you know! But that's all I'll say right now!

"The best Hunter could hope for was that the Ramseys might plea bargain with him and thus save him the humiliation and embarrassment of taking the Ramseys to court."

I've always believed that a trial would have ended with a plea-bargain. After a while, that idea didn't bother me.

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Got a question.

From the very beginning of this case there was the mention of the pineapple in the autopsy report. Then we heard that there was a dish of pineapple on the kitchen counter. OK here is my question...Until we recently saw the photo of the dish and the glass and tea bag had we even heard about the glass and tea bag? I know I have forgotten a lot but that seems to me to be something new that was seen from the photos. Am I correct here? Also along those same lines I have been wondering about all the people that showed up that morning at the house. I think I've heard that one or 2 of the women began cleaning up a bit. Could one of them have used the glass for themselves? All of this cleaning up was certainly disrupting a crime scene so who knows for sure what was where and when. Am I correct there at all?

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Those are good questions, Zoomama. In one of the interviews with Patsy/John, '98, I think, one of them asked if the people there that morning had in fact been questioned about using these items, and the detective said yes, they had. Schiller said the victim advocates had gone out for food as time wore on.

It would seem you'd have DNA and/or fingerprints on those items left by the person who used them, as well, which is why we can't figure out why LE didn't test them for DNA. But the argument about the fingerprints is that these people in the house were cleaning and so didn't have oil on their fingers to leave fingerprints. OK. How about cleaning CHEMICALS? Were those found on the items? Did they test for those?

The bottom line is all we know is Patsy's and Burke's fingerprints were on the items, Patsy and John denied them, and Patsy denied the "set-up" was hers. If she ever addressed whether the cream in the pineapple was something she did, I don't know about it. Seems to me that would be a dead giveaway if she fixed it like that before or routinely. She could have said, oh, we do that, so no problem must have been the kids that day and I missed it. But no...she dodges any admissions about any of it. In '98, they already knew about the pineapple in JonBenet's system, I'd bet big money. That the Ramseys managed to disown the dishes and silverware, even though they belonged to them, the tea and pineapple and cream/milk, even though it should be quite easy to identify those as common to their family, tells me that the pineapple was something they knew to avoid at all costs.

Which is why I now believe that the pineapple and tea was eaten and drunk after they got home that night. About an hour or more later, JonBenet was attacked or involved in a severe accident, IMO, however it started.

16. Karen

Karen Member

Is it proven there is cream or milk in the pineapple? I do see some white when I look in the bowl but I seem to remember that the bowl was not taken in as evidence right away and it didn't become important until the autopsy, then it was retrieved, if I'm not mistaken. Could that psoosibly be (yuck) mold or the fuzzy stuff fruit grows when it goes bad?

17. Niner

Niner Active Member

Shoot... he had to sit around and wait until JonBenet finished eating her pineapple and drinking the tea...

18. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oh kewl!! I wanted an excuse to use that one! :rs:

19. Niner

Niner Active Member

By the way Yum Yum - that tea bag looks USED to me - as you can sort of tell that it's brown, if UNUSED, it would be white as the bag... JMO! :crosseyed

20. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice