Atlanta Altercation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

C'mon, anyone? FW's writings? What is he? IDI or ADI?

Gotta go, What Not To Wear is on.

2. heymom

heymom Member

Paradox, the Whites didn't know that their friends, their good friends, could have had anything to do with JonBenet's death. I'm sure they were wondering what was going on. Just put yourself in their place that morning. Use one of your friends as John, and put yourself in Fleet's place. You are called to your friends' house and told their daughter has been kidnapped. They SAY that is what happened, but you pick up unusual vibes from being in the house with them. You wonder, "is this some kind of joke, will they stop acting and tell us it's a joke soon?" But no, the police are there and everyone is acting like it's serious. Some things are just out of place and strange, though. The note looks as if it had been written by your friend's wife. Your friend is acting oddly, too, as if he's playing a role. He's not the same guy you have known, but you tell yourself he's just under tremendous stress.

Then, in exploring the house, your friend finds his daughter's body and really kicks into high gear - with screaming and shouting and he carries her stiff body up the stairs. But you can tell that he's faking the whole thing, and you know the house and you can tell no one has broken in. There are several more emotional scenes with your friend's wife praying and crying over their daughter's obviously dead body, but you can't shake the feeling that they already knew she would be found dead. It's as if they are going through a script that was written before the whole thing happened.

By the time everyone leaves the house, with the daughter's body still lying near the Christmas tree, you are feeling completely freaked out. These 2 people that you thought you knew have been calling lawyers all day and setting up some kind of fence between them and the police. They want you to back them up with whatever they say, but you just get a sick feeling that something is terribly wrong here. You try and try to figure it all out, but as days go by, and your friends are nowhere to be seen, not helping the police find their daughter's killer, your inner suspicions begin to firm up. And then you see them on TV, on a cable news show, talking about how the police aren't helping and how they are just misunderstood by the police. How does this even begin to fit into a plan to find their daughter's killer, you wonder?

As you give samples of handwriting and DNA to the police, you find out that your good, good, dear friends the Ramseys have implicated YOU in the murder of their daughter. And the realization that they are really terrible people who have knowledge of what happened to little JonBenet settles into your mind and heart.

3. Little

Little Member

I wrote:
    Paradox replied:
    I'm not really getting what it is you are saying here Paradox. What I am saying is the "to me" Fleet was reacting in a way I didn't find strange for a person who loved JonBenet and was concerned about his (former) friends John & Patsy.

I have no idea whether Fleet feels it was an intruder or whether it was a Ramsey family member. The impression I get though is that he felt that by avoiding the Boulder authorities it sure wasn't going to help to find out who was responsible for JonBenet's death, nor was it going to help to clear their names. My impression of Fleet is that he's a problem solver and clear thinker.

I also believe that he's a man who won't be bullied and stands by his beliefs. I don't believe the hoopie that he was at all jealous of the Ramsey's perceived wealth. Why would he be? He's quite successful. IMO they (the Ramseys) seemed far more impressed with themselves than anyone else was.

Little

4. tylin

tylin Banned

It was more likely Fleet saying, "JR go back to Boulder and stop running away from the death of your child."
    Besides Paradox, the Ram's returning to Boulder didn't get them arrested now did it?

5. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Where exactly is Paradox's thinking?

6. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I have never been able to divine FW's thinking, in terms of who he thinks did what between John and Patsy. I don't recall any public or written statements that can clarify this for me.

For being so close to the Ramseys and so involved in that day, FW has managed to stay out of the yellow journalism limelight. That is well and good but then he and his wife use the printed media to publically emplore/leverage the Colorado government to intervene.

The Atlanta altercation and the letters to the news papers seem to be a pattern; do it Fleet's way.

The "We have to protect Boulder" statement sticks out as a red flag for me. Boulder is SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO insular and superioristic you can't imagine. They really do see themselves as a universe unto themselves complete with all the rights and privledges of royalty.

For all his supposed intellect and moral stance, FW seems to me to be an arrogant passive/aggressive type typical of the Boulder scene. And if he is an IDIer, as he can only be if he expected the R's to go back and help the police, then I find him also to be naive, which is, by the way, a part of the institutional naivete requirement of the Boulder/Leftist/Utopian mentallity.

To me, FW stands to be another classic example of the failure of the Boulder mentality, on par with Koby, Arndt and Lacy, that has yet to be exposed but for the masterful way in which he has exercised his controlling nature.

I would love to hear his detailed opinion of who did what, and I suspect he would sound like a South Carolina beauty contestant.

I hope that clarifies my stance.

7. heymom

heymom Member

Paradox, what is your source for that comment supposedly made by Fleet White? If you are basing your entire opinion of Fleet White on that comment, then you need to be absolutely certain that he really said it.

8. Little

Little Member

I think a lot of us would like to know Fleet's opinions Paradox, but I also respect his choice to not go on TV with his best guess about what happened that night/morning. I may be way off base but to me, the way he and his wife has chosen to "try" to get to the truth of the matter was to follow proper channels, trying to get someone with the right clout to dig for the truth.

I obviously have no idea what his thinking is, I'm just going by what I perceive, which is a man who isn't going to claim something he isn't sure of as if he knows it for a fact. The facts he does state are clear and hard to dispute. The Ramseys and others acted in the ways he stated.

If he did say "we have to protect Boulder" IMO that wouldn't be any different from someone saying "we have to protect our town". I don't see that as being superioristic but not knowing the context in which it was said wouldn't presume to speculate any further (if at all). JMPO I wouldn't put too fine a line on it.

If you read the police interviews is pretty darned clear that both John and Patsy attempted to smear the White family. To me it was an act of fear & desperation on their (the Ramseys) part to attempt to discredit the people who knew first hand that they were hiding something.

Little

9. Tril

Tril Member

The "We have to protect Boulder" statement attriibuted to Fleet White is from DOI (hardback), so I think one should consider the source.

from DOI:

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The source is always important and I remember the debates about this very issue as I'm sure you and everyone else HERE remembers

If in DOI, the Ramseys contradict known statements, it is the ghost writer's and publisher's fault

If in DOI, anyone else comes across as "hinky", it's because they are

Basic Ramsey 101 :abnormal:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice