Boulder DA Under Fire ... (from the Boulder Daily Camera)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tylin

tylin Banned

Texan,
    IMO, this is the same as the Ramsey case. In both the Ramsey murder and the Midyette murder one parent 'did it' and the other parent covered it up.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Amber, what a good article.

So I wrote the new governor. I'm sure he'll be pleased...NOT. :bee:

3. koldkase

Oh, my guess is that the mother is getting quite the offer she can't refuse....

4. koldkase

Hey, did anyone notice that this article link at Crime Rant says that the mother brought "her boyfriend" to the hospital when they took Jason there, and her husband Alex was with them, as well?

The article states that the "boyfriend" is the one who was babysitting the day Jason was taken to the hospital.

That's really odd. All I can figure out is that by "boyfriend" they meant a man who is a friend. Do you think this man is the one who noticed the child was in dire health and insisted on taking the baby to the doctor? Or do you think he was the one who did the damage?

And why won't HE speak with LE?

Paid off by the rich family?

All I can say is how sorry these people are if they are so easily bought that they don't care that a baby was murdered.

5. Amber

Amber Member

Yes I noticed that and got confused. Parents and the boyfriend at the hospital - was his name Jason? The one who declared 'We're not talking to you' when the police asked to speak to the father?

6. koldkase

The baby's name was Jason. Seems like a lot of confusion about these simple facts.

"We're not talking to you."

Maybe this guy was the man speaking at the Ramseys on the 911 call. :doh:

7. Amber

Amber Member

The doctor pointed to a large group of people hanging around the reception area of the emergency room. “That’s the family,†he told Officer Haley.

Haley walked over and asked to speak with the boy’s father, Alexander Midyette. Standing there, a man by the name of “Jason†stepped forward and became extremely “irate,†Haley wrote later in his report. “We’re not talking to you,†Jason shouted angrily. “We have our attorney coming in!â€

Haley didn’t note that he responded to the man called Jason.

“Please leave,†Jason then suggested.

;)

Yes I noticed the we're not talking to you quote - straight from the Ramsey playbook

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

In my neck of the woods concerned parents will be all over the LE demanding they do something to find the killer.

Boulder's DA Mary Lacy has a license to practice law and never used it!

9. Show Me

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/editorials/article/0,1713,BDC_2489_4874542,00.html

Police opened a criminal investigation the week before J.J.’s death but have made no arrests in the case; attorneys for the parents have said that the infant was suffering from a medical condition. The coroner’s office waited almost five months to issue its findings, after consulting experts in four states.

Jason's parents said he had a 'medical condition'. (I'd like to know what medical condition causes an infants head injury so severe it kills him.)

10. Show Me

I don't know if this has been posted before, it's from newsweek awhile back. A satire.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14571774/site/newsweek/

"The question remains, why would someone arrest a whackjob like John Mark Karr for a murder he clearly did not commit?" Logsdon said. "Like many district attorneys, Mary Lacy may have been looking for her fifteen minutes of fame."

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Perhaps, heymom. I've never understood women without backbones who will let a man threaten her, beat her up, beat her kids up. I'd rather live with my kids on a park bench than take that kind of chit from anyone. It's sort of a sore subject with me, even though I know and understand that all women are not like me. It's like, your husband did what to you? And, you let him get away with it? You deserved it? Like hell.

12. Watching You

Hahaha, Show Me, gotta love it.

13. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

If I were a resident of Boulder

...I'd keep my babies close...and get the hell out of there.

Because there is someone out there... even if she's not commenting on open cases.

14. heymom

heymom Member

I know, WY. The women are weak to start with, and the longer they stay with the violent guy, the worse it gets, because these men tear down your self-esteem until you are basically lower than a bug on the sidewalk. That way, you can't leave them and they can do just about anything to you. And some of them even defend their abusers instead of taking the kids and leaving. It can take a lot of therapy until they see the situation for what it is. Even away from the abuser, they can stay in denial about the danger.

Women who didn't have a strong father figure are very vulnerable to this type of male.

15. Watching You

I had a strong father figure. I've read all the literature about women like this, but it is still hard for me to understand how anyone could sit there and let themselves be pounded on without having some primal instinct rise up and cause them to fight back. I'm so primal, I howl.

16. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

One of the big problems is most of these women are totally dependent on their husbands for everything, including their next meal. If the husband gets thrown in jail, the women are out on the street with their kids.

17. Watching You

There is help for women like this, if they would take it. To some women, it's just a way of life, maybe life from the day they were born, if they were raised in a family where there was violence. It's what they expect. Aside from all that, though, I still don't know how anyone can get beat up and not fire up. It's just alien to me.

18. heymom

heymom Member

I agree, it is hard to understand. Alex Midyette could have been an abusive husband, plus he has money, and power because of his family name. Tough to fight that. Abusers can be powerfully manipulative, and I guess the main thing that happens is that in the beginning, they are charming, wonderful, and treat the woman like she wants to be treated. Then once he gets the hooks in, he reels her in tightly and keeps her there. It's akin to brainwashing - mental control.

The missing piece is usually that the father never showed the young girl what a man ought to be, how to be treated, or stood up for her if she was treated badly. If she had a strong father, she wouldn't be hungering for male attention and wouldn't attract this type of man in the first place, and if by chance she did get involved with one, she'd suss him out early on and get out.

The longer the woman stays, the less ability she has to leave.

19. koldkase

Uh...there is nothing satirical about this dead-on observation. Sadly enough.... It backfired on Lacy, and she got her 15 minutes, but not as she intended.

Thanks for the links. Now I'm wondering WHO it was that gave that quote to the Daily Camera? It dosn't say. Guess their lawyer? So WHO IS THEIR LAWYER? Didn't say THAT, either, did it?

The Ramseys truly wrote the book on this one, didn't they? I wonder how much advertising the rich Midyette family does in the Daily Camera?

20. koldkase

Here's my problem with this: Mrs. Midyette has a JD degree. She's not practicing in Colorado, I understand, but she's hardly without means of support, should she need it.

I don't care how much a woman is abused. If that was my baby, there would be no question of fear. He'd be afraid of me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice