Boulder DA Under Fire ... (from the Boulder Daily Camera)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Lacy's new Boulder motto:

ALL WEALTHY CITIZENS;

MOVE TO BOULDER WHERE.....

WE WONT ASK!

YOU WONT TELL!

ANYTHING AT ALL!

:cafe: :tipsy: :toast:

2. heymom

heymom Member

She's incompetent to be in that job and she knows it. Just her expressions show that she is scared sh_tless, and needs to change her Depends several times a day.

3. Tez

Tez Member

Well, after dealing with her when my SIL was sexually assaulted, I know you are right.

You would think the attorney general would step in on the Midyette case. There was another case a few years ago in Boulder county where a baby was killed by the father, but he was poor, so off to jail he went. I can't remember the name of the people. I did a paper for my psych class on it. Mary sure didn't hold back from throwing the book at him.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry to hear about your SIL, Tez. I hope she is doing okay. So you have had personal dealings with Lacy herself? :eek:

5. Tez

Tez Member

Yes, in 1993. She didn't want to prosecute the guy who assaulted my SIL, but the investigating officer stepped in and helped us out. He did end up doing time, but it was for a violation of his probation. She told us we didn't want to ruin his life over one mistake. I'm telling you, I could have biotch slapped her right there. She had Trip DeMuth try to tell us we would be ruining this idiot's life too. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with either one of them. And I don't see how Trip ever passed the bar, he is a space cadet. The man is just plain stupid.

Elle, my SIL is doing ok. She was a minor and the guy was 25 with a young daughter of his own. The whole deal with the DA's office was downright pitiful. The investigating officer is still a really good friend of mine, and he knows the Ramsey's are guilty. But, he works in another town other than Boulder. He and I still talk a couple times a year. It's about time for me to call him. I'd love to hear his thoughts on the Karr fiasco.

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

New county ad campaign:

What happens in Boulder, STAYS in Boulder!

7. Tez

Tez Member

You nailed it KK!!! How much longer is Lacy in office?

8. koldkase

So sorry, Tez. How awful for your SIL. And how PATHETIC that Lacy and DeMuth are worried about ruining a SEXUAL PREDATOR'S life!

But I think by now WE GET IT: BOULDER DA LOVES PERPS!!

9. koldkase

I think she's finished in 2008, next election. Maybe she'll do the victims in Boulder a favor and then retire from HELPING PERPS ESCAPE JUSTICE.

But she'll probably become a defense lawyer. It's her true calling, after all.

10. Tez

Tez Member

Well, they sure as hell weren't worried about my SIL's life. If it wasn't for the investigating officer, I doubt the guy would have even been charged with a sex crime. They would have plead it down to harassment or something like that. And everything that Steve Thomas says about Trip DeMuth is true. He tucks his pants into his cowboy boots. I had to stifle a laugh when he tried to talked some sense into us. He didn't like me because I told him just what I thought about the perp. Yep, they love Perps, excepts the ones that steal bicycles!!!!!!

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

What about the fact that the perp might have ruined your SIL's young life?!!! :burnedup:

Your story illustrates what is wrong with Boulder and Lacy "sympathy for the perp" theology. Forget about the victim. It's all about the perp and their rights and their life ... not what happened to the victim.

I'm sick to death of perp rights. Whatever happened to accountability for your actions? Why is it that the victim is the only one who's supposed to suffer loss, and the perp walks away untouched?

12. Cherokee

Ha. We were posting the same thing at the same time.

13. Tez

Tez Member

They didn't care about my SIL. They were so worried that the perp was going to lose custody of his daughter over his "mistake." He did end up losing custody of her and he did have to register as a sex offender but it wasn't because Lacy or DeMuth wanted it that way.

They were worried about his reputation, they could have care less that he sexually assaulted a minor. I was lucky I didn't get arrested that day. I told them exactly what I thought. Trip told me he thought I had an anger control problem....Gee, ya think Trip after the line of crap you tried to feed us????

14. Tez

Tez Member

They even had Hofstrom try to talk us into not pressing charges. He's another piece of work. We didn't hear any San Quentin stories, thank goodness.

15. koldkase

Gosh, Tez, that is an awful story. Anger management? What were you supposed to do? THANK THEM for being A$$HOLES who LOVE CRIMINALS who prey on CHILDREN?

I did some googling recently on Lacy and found some articles about how she singlehandedly dismantled the Sexual Assault nurses VOLUNTEER program there. It was truly disgusting. Her arrogance was only matched by the extreme damage she did to a service victims invariably benefit from.

But perps don't do so well when victims have support and feel empowered to testify and bring charges. So Lacy had to get rid of the nurses. And she did.

Beotch!

16. Cherokee

Trip had the audacity to say you had an "anger control problem"? Just because you wanted the guy who sexually assaulted your SIL punished? :banghead:

How dare he!!!

Were Lacy and DeMuth not concerned that the perp might molest his own daughter if he would prey on someone else? Were they not concerned about what it would do to your SIL to know her attacker got off scot free? That it would re-victimize her again to think there was nothing wrong with what he did? And that the perp would feel he had license to do it again and again?

Well, it certainly explains the Boulder mind-set about the Ramseys. I mean, why punish them for the rest of their lives for the "mistake" of killing their daughter? Why punish the Midyettes? Why punish anyone? Live and let live ... peace, love and flowers ... everyone's beautiful, man ... now pass the bong.

17. Cherokee

KK, I think that little news item needs to be passed on to Peter Boyles and Caplis & Silverman. Maybe they can kindle some more public ire at Lacy's high-handed ways. I have never heard of ANYONE wanted to dismantle a volunteer nurse program for such a worthy cause. Sexual assault victims need that kind of support.

Why would Lacy get rid of something like that? So that she won't have anyone to testify against the perps, and she can let them walk free?

18. Tez

Tez Member

When he told me I had anger management issues because I wanted the guy punished, I asked him how he would feel if it were his daughter. He refused to answer me.

Now, she has gotten rid of the nurses? Good grief! She refuses to do anything to help any victim of a sexual assault. I bet she has people on standby to help folks when their bicycles get stolen!

She's not going to do anything in the Midyette case. She'll say there's too much reasonable doubt to prosecute. Another child who doesn't get justice. How does that woman sleep at night?

19. koldkase

Well, hopefully, they've been able to rebuild the SANE program. I'm not saying its always perfect nor without problems, like any organization. We have had our problems here, too. In the end, it all comes down to human beings trying to help those in need. Something as taboo as rape and incest is the hardest of cases to make. That's a fact. You can't blame any one person for a failed prosecution. But at least you can TRY to make the case. Seems Lacy prefers to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

And in all fairness, you can read both sides of the story here:

http://www.westword.com/issues/1999-10-07/news/feature_1.html

It's a very long and detailed article. This episode is no secret in Colorado. Keenan/Lacy has no respect for others, IMO, especially those who get in her way. She made thin excuses, but I wonder if she's as harsh of her own MISTAKES as she seems to be in her judgment of others.

20. heymom

heymom Member

There's a missing piece here guys...You keep talking about the perp and the victim.

In Boulder, the criminal IS the victim. You can talk about being the victim of a crime, but the poor sick person who committed the crime is the REAL victim. That is why Lacy and Hunter and DeMouth don't want to prosecute. Because all they would be doing is to harm an individual who didn't MEAN to commit a crime, but made a mistake. Heaven knows, that person must have had a terrible childhood in order to do such a thing, so we must be understanding and provide support.

Yes, this is insanity, but all the sensitivity training done in Boulder took hold. Plus the kow-towing to wealth and power doesn't help either.

Tez, thanks for sharing your insider perspective on the Boulder DA's office. That just confirms everything we've read and discussed here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice