Boulder DA Under Fire ... (from the Boulder Daily Camera)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tez

Tez Member

The Bell incident still gets my goat too. He was the guy who escaped from prison and killed 3 people in Boulder County in 1990. Hunter talked the families into not going for the death penalty. Like Bell didn't deserve it.

My deceased BIL stole something in Boulder County and did three years on his first offense, but parents who murder their kids can just waltz around. And trust me, no DA was offering him any deal. To his credit, he pled guilty, did his time, learned his lesson, and then moved here just so he could be near his family. I have to just shake my head. My BIL learned his lesson, but it just makes you wonder where the priorities are in the DA's office there. Oh, and a bicycle was one of the items my BIL stole....LOL

2. Elle

Elle Member

This makes me angry. Ruin his life over one mistake. I'll guarantee he'll keep on making them, Tez. You would have had a lot of volunteers from FFJ to help you with the slapping of Mary Lacy.

So pleased to hear your SIL is doing okay after this nasty situation.

You've actually talked to Trip DeMuth too? You must be the only one who has come close to anyone in LE relating to this case, Tez.

Wish I had a friend who was an investigative officer. Exciting for you, Tez. I'm jealous.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I know - it's like you've been holding out on us, Tez! :) You haven't mentioned this before, have you? And I'm just not remembering it?

4. Tez

Tez Member

Yep, I have mentioned it. He has no respect for Mary Lacy either! LOL

Trip DeMuth was an experience I could have lived without. He has no common sense. Well, neither does Hofstrom, but I digress.

And I talked with Lacy on more than one occasion, but she's dense too. But y'all already knew that.

I never got to talk to Alex Hunter. I guess I didn't rate high enough for that! LOL, maybe I could have taken him a copy of Penthouse and he would have told me I needed anger management too! :jester:

5. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Tez, I was aware of part of your story but somehow in the past I missed where you had had all the "heavyweights" try and lean on your family to make you not prosecute. I'm gobsmacked, but what is scary is that your story is obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine how many others they have done the same thing to? There could literally be thousands of others who have been talked out of prosecuting. Well, there obviously are, considering the fact that Alex Hunter barely ever took anyone to trial.

I can't get my head around the collective group mentality of this DA's office in Boulder. Is there not one single person who has any sort of conscience in that group? I thought the DA's office was supposed to prosecute crimes, not defend? It's beyond my understanding that they have all this lovey dovey compassion to go around for everybody except the victim. Did they all go to the same law school? You would think that there would be someone in the DA's office, a clerk, a secretary, a junior lawyer...SOMEBODY who would go public and tell about the corruption and incompetence. Maybe they all get paid well or receive kickbacks for their silence and loyalty.

This just could not have happened in Australia. Here, the police have the power to charge people, they don't have to wait for a DA to tell them they can. After the charge, the alleged offenders go before a magistrate who then decides if the charge needs to go to trial, but there wouldn't be too many cases that are dismissed.

I have an acquaintance who is a barrister (defence) here. He makes his clients plead guilty if they are. No mucking around with a zillion excuses, he just tells them they have to be accountable.

6. Tez

Tez Member

He was convicted of something else sometime in the late 90s. After we moved to AR I have lost track of him. I think it was a drug conviction.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"I have an acquaintance who is a barrister (defence) here. He makes his clients plead guilty if they are. No mucking around with a zillion excuses, he just tells them they have to be accountable."

::shocked2

8. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

LOL...I know RR...I could barely believe it either, but he really does! He's a really straight-up guy. Only young...early 30's. Was obviously raised right!

9. Elle

Elle Member

There's something far wrong with this picture, Tez. Three years does seem a stiff sentence for a first offender for theft. Glad he's over it, and the lesson learned. :)

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Tez your brother should have pleaded 'mistake' and mention he's thinking of hiring an expensive lawyer....that'd have the whole lame DA's office staff trembling in their shoes!

I supposed the man who assaulted your sister promised never, ever, ever to do it again.............yeah....rightttttttttt

Lacy thinks rapists only strike at ONE victim and they are sorry and will never do it again!

I'd be afraid to sleep at night in Boulder with a DA's attitude like that.

11. Tez

Tez Member

Elle, he stole a bicycle, that's like committing murder in a normal town. BTW, he is the BIL that drowned last year. But to his credit, he did turn his life around and was making some more major changes when he died.

I thought three years was a little much for a first offense. But since he had no money, he couldn't get a good lawyer, so he had a public pretender (as I call them in Boulder County), and he pled guilty. He accepted responsibility, which is more than I can say for the Ramseys or the Midyettes!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice