Boulder Daily Camera/ FFJ Members Hit Boulder

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 26, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Victory!

I just checked the petition and I see that Candy's name is not included with those that are truly caring.

Imagine That.

RR

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

One would think that no matter what personal issues exist people would want justice for a six-year-old child murdered in her own home on Christmas night when she should have been dreaming about her new toys.

Justice for JonBenét

:verdict:

4. Misty4

Misty4 Member

I agree -- you would think that anyone interested in justice for JBR would feel honored to have their name on that petition. However, some have such personal issues they can't see the good in this. And, that goes for the folks who truly believe John and Patsy are innocent. Any investigation that might bring closure to this case should be welcome.

But, I'm glad to see Candy's name is gone. It would have only added fuel to a very stagnant swamp area. :)

Good luck to all who are presenting the petition.

Misty

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree, Misty. I too am glad Candy's name has been removed. The Petition doesn't need that kind of baggage.

Onward, troops. 'Tis a good and honorable thing you are doing.

6. Watching You

As long as our group is going to be in Boulder, here is something that needs to be cleared up, either by Owens or by Mary Keenan.

In jameson's "Open letter to Paul Ginsberg," I found several insults against both Mr. Ginsberg and Tricia.

I'm not even going to repeat her snide remarks, we've all seen them before. What I am going to make note of is this:

What? Susan Bennett has heard the enhanced tapes? This raises some serious questions, and maybe Mary Keenan can give us the answers. First, is Susan Bennett aka jameson telling the truth? I don't believe her, but let's just play her little game. This is one more issue our group can bring up with Governor Owens - what authority did an ordinary citizen from North Carolina have to listen to the ENHANCED Ramsey 911 tape?

Questions for Mary Keenan and Governor Owens:

Did Susan Bennett listen to the ENHANCED 911 tape?

Is Susan Bennett under the delusion that the 911 tape released to the public was the ENHANCED tape? If so, she is dead wrong.

If Susan Bennett was allowed to listen to the ENHANCED 911 tape, who gave her that clearance, and why?

Was Susan Bennett allowed to listen to the ENHANCED 911 tape in some clandestine, and illegal, manner?

If Susan Bennett has a copy of the ENHANCED 911 tape, who within the present investigation or DA's office gave the bootlegged copy to her?

The media does not have a copy of the ENHANCED 911 tape. The general public does not have a copy of the ENHANCED 911 tape. Susan Bennett does not have a copy of the ENHANCED 911 tape unless she acquired it illegally and is in possession of stolen property.

Add this one to your list, Tricia. Susan Bennett has made the public statement that she has a copy of the ENHANCED 911 tape. She made that statement to a well-known expert on recovering sounds and voices from media. She made that statement on her forum. This DEMANDS an explanation either from Bennett or from the Boulder authorities.

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

"By Associated Press
    April 29, 2004

DENVER — Gov. Bill Owens said Thursday he welcomes a visit by people who believe the parents of JonBenet Ramsey were involved in her 1996 slaying, but he has seen no new evidence that would justify appointment of a special prosecutor."

That wacky Bill. He's just pulling our leg...:stretch:

Big day tomorrow my friends. Wish us luck.

Tricia
    P.S. Gov. Owens dosen't need any other reason to appoint a special prosecutor than Pease v. District Court

9. Bobby1st

Bobby1st Member

Owens ought to think hard on this one. Many of his voter base are not weirdos from Boulder. Most are family people who will once again question his judgment. He is shooting his foot if he ignores Pease. You go Tricia & Ginja!!!!

10. Watching You

The usual naysayers use this quote to mock the Petition and FFJ members, but if they had a brain or a place to put one, they would see the hypocricy in this statement.

If there was no new evidence that would justify appointment of a special prosecutor, why did Keenan take the case away from the BPD? If there is no new evidence, what are Keenan's hot-shot investigators doing? After more than a year and a half, and after hearing time after time how "satisfied" the RST is with the present investigation, perhaps someone could tell us what progress has been made? If there is no new evidence, what is Keenan's team investigating?

There doesn't have to be any new evidence, and Owens should stop using that lame excuse. If there didn't have to be new evidence for Keenan's biased team (you know, those fresh eyes, haha), then why should there have to be new evidence for an independent prosecutor - and I don't mean a prosecutor brought in to dance to Keenan's tune, like Mike Kane had to do with Hunter being in charge.

The new evidence excuse isn't going to wash. We need a new, unbiased (totally unbiased) prosecutor and reinvestigation of the case. Nothing else will do. The present team does not fulfill either of those requirements - new or unbiased. And, that is the problem.

11. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Quote:
    ...but he has seen no new evidence that would justify appointment
    of a special prosecutor.

WY:
    “The usual naysayers use this quote to mock the Petition and FFJ
    members, but if they had a brain or a place to put one, they
    would see the hypocricy in this statement.â€

The term, hypocrisy, is appropriate, but a bit mild in view of
    the facts. The core issue here is that Governor Owens has made it
    clear that he holds the outcome of the CU investigation of
    greater importance than the outcome of the investigation of the
    foul-play death of an innocent child.

No doubt, he will deny this, but his rationale (excuses) for not
    appointing a special prosecutor tells the truth of the matter.

“By Associated Press
    April 29, 2004

DENVER — Gov. Bill Owens said Thursday he welcomes a visit by
    people who believe the parents of JonBenet Ramsey were involved
    in her 1996 slaying, but he has seen no new evidence that would
    justify appointment of a special prosecutor.

"Several years ago we looked at that situation very closely, and
    didn’t find that need then," Owens said.â€

I am most curious as to what Mr. Owens looked at “very closelyâ€
    to prompt the conclusion that local authorities were adequately
    handling the investigation, therefore, no need for a special
    prosecutor.

The current “justification†for refusing to appoint a special
    prosecutor is that there is “no new evidence†to warrant such an
    appointment. Like just about every other official pronouncement
    on the case, this is exactly backward. If there were new
    evidence, it would make sense to let the locals have a go at it
    before higher authority intervention. The issue is not new
    evidence, but continuing disregard of the evidence per se by
    Keenan and others acting in official capacity.

Without reiterating in detail, suffice it to say the evidence of
    which I speak emphatically rules out an intruder as perpetrator
    in the death of JonBenet Ramsey. Yet, the defective detective,
    Lou Smit, was allowed to conduct a world-wide, Ramsey-serving,
    intruder propaganda campaign without noticeable opposition. Much
    of the media was and still is threatened into silence by the
    litigious Mr. Wood. Add to this the fact that DA Keenan
    capitulated to the demands of the Ramsey attorney and it is
    impossible to come up with a scenario more deserving of a special
    prosecutor.

During the early nineties in Gilmer, Texas, after many personal
    lives and careers were destroyed by false allegations and
    prosecution, one of the “investigators†responsible said (as I
    recall) “They are master Satanists. The fact there is no physical
    evidence is proof of their existence.â€

I submit this is the same absurd thinking that underlies every
    intruder theory. Over seven years and over two million dollars
    later, the “master intruder†is yet to be found. While this
    costly ghost chase continues, the real perpetrators spend their
    time in the limelight pursing lawsuits and\or on the lecture
    circuit. That this abomination is brushed aside and ignored by
    the utterance, “no new evidenceâ€, is an insult to even minimal
    intelligence while setting a distrust in the judicial system that
    shall never be recovered.

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

Easy Write

Bravo!:bow:

Well, EW said what I meant, only he said it better. :did:

13. purr

purr Active Member

Make Em Smolder in Boulder!!!!!

I support you all 100%.

I am praying for you all as you journey to Boulder.
    And I am praying that Govenor Owen opens his heart to the truth!!!

Thanks to all the Forum Members who were able to go to Boulder
    to Make Em Smolder. Make Em hot under the collar.
    Make Em think twice with that amazing petition!!!
    Someday, everyone will know The Truth.

I admire Tricia and all the people who "walk the walk"
    and dont just talk. You have put In Action what
    needed to be done.

You Go Bee Girls!!!!

Many prayers,
    Purr

a day for you jonbenet..........

Attached Files:

14. Watching You

Oh, you know what? What did I do? Did I hit "edit" on Ginja's post instead of "Reply?"

Ginja, I think I did, OHMYGAWD. I edited Ginja's post with my post and now it looks like Ginja wrote my post.

Ginja, I'm guilty. I did it. I'm a bozo. Why don't you go in and edit your post again, and I will reply to it.

Aye yi yi

15. Watching You

Well, EW said what I meant, only he said it better. :did:

16. Ginja

Ginja Member

Yes, WY

You did edit my post...I knew it as soon as I saw it because I didn't say that....of course, I can't remember what I did say, so your edit makes probably just as much sense as I'd originally written. ROFLMAO!

All I remember is that I said something, and told Tricia she could tell the governor I said so!

17. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

"No new evidence" -- of course there's new evidence, Gov. Owens. There are mountains of civil depositions and public statements totally supporting Lou Smit's intruder theory displaying enormous bias in favor of the Ramseys by the DA and her staff. There is no new case evidence because either (1) the DA has done a lousy job re-investigating the case for the last 1 1/2 years or (2) THERE IS NO INTRUDER! You pick which option it is.

Both constitute new evidence. Both the DA's bias and incompetence demand removal of the case to an investigative and prosecutorial body that is effective and objective. How much more new evidence do you need before you comply with the law?

18. Watching You

You know what they say, Ginja, about giving someone a little power, haha. I was mortified when I saw what I did. It's a damn good thing you've got a sense of humor, I'd be dead meat.

Good post, DejaNu.

19. Niner

Niner Active Member

:banghead:
    You're right Watching You! Seems like Det. Bennett is NOT even re-investigating this case if he has not EVEN interviewed the people (i.e. Whites) about that morning!! per Spade, of course! Doesn't sound like they are doing ANYTHING!!

20. Niner

Niner Active Member

no.... not what I'm reading here - Hir has "heard" not necessarily "has" the tape! just saying, WY! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice