Boulder PD announces new direction in Ramsey investigation.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 20, 2002.

1. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

BobC

I don't "want" to believe you. What about what-you-call him's book that is suppose to expose all the corrupt chit going on in Boulder? (Can't think of his name)

If you are saying Keenan is corrupt through and through, don't you think that will be exposed by someone? Deal making? You don't sue us and we will clear the Rams?

No, no, no... this will not happen. There are a few good people left that won't let that happen.

I believe.... I believe.... I believe......

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I never said Keenan was corrupt. She is irrelevent. What is happening here was set into motion before she was involved. All she can do is try to make the best out of an ugly situation. And it's about to get uglier.

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree with Bob C. It's over. This is a dog and pony show being carried out here, imo, relating to Limpy's threat to sue the BPD. I believe that discussions behind closed doors were made and by taking the case away from the police they will effectively get the dogs off of the Ram's behinds. It will be the Mary Keenan DA show and they will go thru the motions to look at other suspects and eventually the case will die and the Rams can get on with their lives. I'm not sure I'm wanting to follow this latest sideshow in this circus. If I don't come back, this is why.

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

BobC, I hate to disagree with you, but....

All is not lost. A lawsuit brought against BPD by Lin Sawdust-for-Brains is but a gnat-bite on Beckner's behind. Most municipalities are protected by law from large judgments against them by caps on how high the amount paid out can be. California, with its 4 mil to Rodney is a great exception to the rule.

I haven't looked up Boulder's caps, but it's probably around $100,000....peanuts to the greedy Rams and their shyster/crook lawyer. City of Boulder would have no prob settling, just to slap the gnat and get him off their butt.

HOWEVER....Leroy Lincoln has totally ****ed off Beckner, and by association, his good friend, Keenan. Now they are going to go for blood.

And the secret word is --FIBERS!. The dark fibers on JonBenet's privates have been matched to a garment worn by an Umbrella Person. Now, he protests, I wore a black shirt that day; and these fibers are brown/dark blue.

Fiber under an electron scanning microscope can be narrowed down to a specific lot and a specific brand. Better evidence than bootprints, palmprints, belly hair. The micro-spectro-photometer, which separates light into wavelengths and magnifies trace evidence shows ALL the colors of the spectrum in a minute piece of trace evidence. The fibers of a black shirt will be shown to include shades of dark blue and brown.

So, John Molester Ramsey thinks he's home safe because Mike Kane asked him about BROWN fibers in the 2000 interview. Neither he, nor Linny Whinny Horse Lisperer knows the extent or the value of the fiber evidence now available to Keenan and her fellow prosecutors.

All this is my humble but duly considered opinion, based on hints in the two interviews of 1998 and 2000, and on the autopsy report.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Beckner and Keenan Work Well Together

Colleagues: Boulder DA sought credibility before probe - Keenan praised for Ramsey-case steps

By Howard Pankratz and Kieran Nicholson Denver Post Staff Writers

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~56~1067009~,00.html

Sunday, December 22, 2002 - Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan voiced strong concerns about whether she could restore credibility to her office in the days before she finally took control of the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation on Friday, The Denver Post has learned.

Keenan, a career prosecutor, wondered if she could restore the credibility shattered by verbal warfare that had erupted between her office and the Boulder Police Department, Pueblo District Attorney Gus Sandstrom said.

Sandstrom is one of several district attorneys whom Keenan had turned to for advice.

He said the first six years of the Ramsey investigation became a "national media circus, and nobody had any credibility."

"That is where the problem was," Sandstrom said. "Former District Attorney Alex Hunter talked to the media way too much and went several different directions. It became a tabloid issue as well as a television issue and all of that stuff.

"(Keenan) was worried about that. She wondered if the office had changed significantly enough that she could go forward with it," Sandstrom said.

He said he told Keenan he thought she could but advised her to stay away from the media.

Denver District Attorney Bill Ritter said Saturday that the "lion's share" of his recent meeting with Keenan discussed what, if any, benefit there would be to her office taking over the investigation from the Boulder police.

"I think everybody still has the best interests of the case in mind," Ritter said, adding that everyone wants the case solved and justice done for the little girl, whose body was discovered in her home Dec. 26, 1996.

"The question was, what is in the best interest of the case? What's the way to do this so that you minimize the downsides and maximize the upsides?" he said.

Ritter said Keenan told him that since becoming district attorney two years ago, replacing Hunter, the relationship between the district attorney's office and the Police Department had become quite good, that they were working their cases together and working them well.

But the Ramsey murder investigation, Ritter noted, was something else - there were very few things about the case that were or are normal.

It was a situation, Ritter said, in which Keenan believed that by having the Ramsey case under her direction, she could control the direction of the investigation.

Sandstrom, one of the senior district attorneys in the state, said he believed from the first day that she took office on Jan. 8, 2001, that Keenan wanted to restore the credibility of the office and pick up the Ramsey case. Keenan, a veteran courtroom prosecutor specializing in sex abuse cases, did a smart thing, he said.

She deliberately waited almost two years before making her move, Sandstrom said. With the passage of time, the Boulder district attorney's office became Mary Keenan's office - not Alex Hunter's - and during that time there were a lot of changes in the Boulder Police Department.

"I think she feels now is the time she can go forward," Sandstrom said. "She has no theory as to the perpetrator. She said, 'Let's look at this fresh, see what we have, see what other people have and where it leads us."'

6. BobC

I wish I could agree with you Lurker but unfortunately this time I know better.

7. AK

AK Member

BobC

OK, you're Nic Cage.
    I'm Cher.
    WHAPP!
    Snap out of it!!!

There, all better?

Have some faith in forensics.

Have some faith in the experts who are just champing at the bit to be invited into a court room.

Listen to Lurker. She's wise and right.

Things well may take a new direction. But the Ramseys won't like the result.

However they try to spin things, there are two "umbrella people" (ha, LXIV).

They're not gonna find new evidence of an intruder. It doesn't exist.

Item by item, we've seen the flimsy excuses fall by the wayside.
    Palm print
    Hair
    Hi-Tec
    Burke's voice
    Pineapple

We've seen sham after sham the RST has offered
    Crockumentaries
    NK
    Bootman
    Sketchman
    Frito Bandito
    Lake and the others who blame phantom kids
    On and on...it's all just noise. Distraction.

Doesn't change anything.

The case has been solved for years. It just isn't ready for the courtroom. Yet.

Hang in there, pal. We need your full attention. You never know when you might be called to action to give play by play for a trial!

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

THREE CHEERS FOR FEDORAX.....YAAHOOOO....

THREE CHEERS FOR THE SMART LURKERXIV WHO ALWAYS HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD..sotospeak...

Just so you all know I went to BobC's house last night and beat the crap out of him.

He is much better today.

I hope he doesn't file charges against me though. It was for his own good really...

Fedorax do you think Beckner is anxious to wash his hands of this mess or do you think this is Wood behind the scenes directing this circus.

Tricia

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Could a problem be <b>Who Do You Charge With What?</b> On this, and other forums, a certain percentage of people think PR killed JBR, a slightly smaller percentage think JR killed JBR, a very small percentage think BR did, and less than one percent (includes yours truely) don't know who did it. Could law enforcement be struggling with this problem? Just a question, I'm not up on Colorado law.

BTW, I think Obstruction of Justice is still hanging out there, and prosecutable.

10. BobC

You can all change my forum title to "Dreariest Poster of the Eon."

Lin Wood is running this investigation now.

11. Tricia

BobC remember these words of wisdom:

"Those whose egos are so large are unable to comprehend their actions are creating the problems that will eventually destroy them"

In other words perhaps lil'bit is running the show now but where is that show headed. Perhaps not where lil'bit thinks it's going.

I am firmly convinced those around this circus are going to step up to the plate.

I don't think it will be the D.A. however. I don't have much faith in Keenan herself. That's why Keenan statement doesn't mean a whole lot to me. No I think it will be someone else.

I know it will.

You'll see.

Oh those "words of wisdom"...I made 'em up. Ok so it wasn't so profound but I haven't had my 5 pounds of chocolate yet. Gimme a break please.

Tricia

12. AK

AK Member

Tricia

I'm guessing Beckner's thought is, "Whatever! If the DA can get a hit, hooray." We all make a mistake when we think there are certain individuals who are obstructing justice here. Even the ones hired to give the other side's POV were still prosecutors -- they're just experienced in REALITY. This conspiracy stuff is nonsense. Except for those who are delusional (Smit) or part of the RST, everyone in the Boulder cop shop and DA's office, and the coroner's office and CBI, and the other labs, etc., wants to see a successful prosecution. Beckner, I'm sure, would like to see his city's image rehabilitated by a powerful conviction or two. If the Keenan goes forward with a trial, you can be sure Beckner will offer the right support and have his team ready for taking the stand.

What Shadow says is right on. You can't go to a jury, and say, "Gee, you figure out who did what." And that's been a stumbling block inside BPD, the experts, and media. I'm more than willing to put whatever hunches I might have on hold and back the prosecution theory that is presented in court. If that is Patsy did it because of bedwetting, and it's the most likely path to a conviction, go for it!

I was recently at a homicide seminar and after it ended, went to the hotel bar with three legendary sleuths. At least two of them we've mentioned on this forum. It was a perfect chance for me to pick their brains about the case. They all knew it, though they didn't follow as closely as we do here. One of the people had the autopsy report and floorplan in a briefcase and brought it out as we discussed. Bottom line: Everyone had a different theory. Important to note that none of them has seen the BPD's Murder Book on the case (nor have I), so that info might well change the way one thinks in the long run. These very experienced investigators had no doubt that Smit's intruder theory is horsepuckey.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, Fedora

I bow to your decades of experience as a professional crime reporter. If you say there was no intruder, I believe you have substantial reason for saying so. Your meeting with the two celebrity sleuths sounds like it was fascinating.

You are a great one at picking brains. Like the time you caught Henry Lee off guard at a booksigning, and got him to admit that Vince Foster's death was not a suicide. (I read about it on the internet). ;)

I'm so glad we have you as a resource here at FFJ. You help to keep this forum balanced and sane, unlike forums which shall not be named, that go off on Quixotic tangents and end up chasing their own tails.

(BTW...did you hear...there is another victim of the Baton Rouge serial killer. DNA match announced today at a press conference).

14. Tricia

Fedorax I do believe you are right. However after reading Keenan's letter to Lin Wood, which was conveniently leaked, I am thoroughly disgusted with her.

It's one thing to cover your *** with a letter. It's another to openly grovel at the feet of someone like Lin Wood.

It makes me sick.

I do still believe this case will be solved however. I don't think the DA is going to be the one. I don't know who it will be but I still have faith.

Tricia

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tricia....

It's not grovelling....it's lawyer talk. The letter is documentation of her intentions to open a new and unbiased investigation. She did NOT say the Ramseys are off the hook. Quite the contrary. She adamantly refuses to exempt John and Patsy from the new investigation. IOW, they are still the main suspects, the Umbrella People, the skanks who will not wiggle off the hook, despite the histrionics of Lin Wood.

16. Tricia

LurkerXIV How I want you to be so right about this. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. Take the whole sentence in context like this:

We will not exempt the Ramseys from this investigation. We will work cooperatively with Lou Smit, the Ramseys, and the Boulder Police Department. I will make every effort to communicate openly with you. I will not go to the press now or in the future to publicize this decision. I will act in good faith in all matters and of course will continue to keep and protect the secrecy of the Grand Jury proceedings.

Now granted Keenan could mean the Ramseys will not be exempt from being investigated. But it could just as easily mean how it sounds to me in the sentence.

We won't exepmt the Ramseys. We will work cooperatively with Lou Smit, the Ramseys and the Boulder police. In other words let's hold hands and sing Khum By Yah..or whatever that song is.

Just makes me sick. It really does.

LurkerXIV here's to you and your being right. I hope so.

However I have not lost faith. I don't think it will be Keenan that does anything though. Don't know for sure where it's going to come from but it will happen.

I am not as down as BobC but I am still disgusted with Keenan.

17. BobC

I'm not disgusted with Keenan.

18. Tricia

BobC I will buy you something from my trip to San Francisco if you please would, say, write a paragraph about this whole thing.

I would assume since you are not disgusted with Keenan that it must be Beckner?

The thing that makes me so mad about Keenan is the letter. It's obviously part of some agreement to keep Lin Wood from suing and to give him some control.

It is so outrages I can't believe I am typing what I am.

I think LurkerXIV said perhaps Beckner wanted to wash his hands of it. Turn it over to Keenan. I am wondering if he had a choice. I just don't know. I am only going by what I read.

If I am wrong about Keenan, and I hope to God I am, I will scream it at the top of my lungs. Post it everywhere possible and clean her house for a year. I want to be so wrong you don't know.

BobC help us out here. What am I missing?

19. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

the threat

of Lin Wood is that he will sue the BPD for ruining the Ram's rep and it stems from info he developed during the Beckner and Thomas depositions which, if I have read correctly, both admit there may have been pressure applied to the Rams by leaking info to the press with the hope they would confess.

If the said info leaked was true I don't know how that can be an attempt to ruin their reputation. It would have been illegal to leak grand jury info but is it really against the law to leak details of an ongoing investigation if the law enforcement agency wants to? Not saying that would be professional but maybe legal?

That the threat of law-suit and this anouncement that the DA would take over the investigation are released too close to be anything other than an obvious attempt to appease woody.

The investigation was to be turned over to the DA after the summing -up meeting between BPD and DA's office and the grand jury anyway wasn't it?

20. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Listen Carefyully!

Mary Keenen agreed to open this investigation to save her former bosses butt. Hunter was the one that leaked to the press, the Globe kept him on the payroll, in my opinion.

How can Lin Wood sue the BPD without suing the DA's office for leaking?

BobC is correct!!! This case is over. Keenen is digging a whole deeper than hell to bury this case and to appease the Ramseys to save Hunter's butt. Hunter should have been investigated many years ago. He should not have been able to retire without the blood of JonBenet being hung around his neck.

The BPD can do nothing. If they choose to arrest, there will be no prosecution. It seems the good people of Boulder, CO. likes this no justice town just the way it is.

Since there is a new sheriff in Boulder County, it could be that Keenen decided to move in and take over just so the case would not be transferred to the County law enforcement.

Remember, if the BPD were to arrest John or Patsy, Hunter would not have tried to prosecute the case, and Keenen was there at the time backing Hunter all the way.

Justice for JonBenet Ramsey has been sold to the highest bidder.

Edited to say, this date is December 25th, 2002, the time is 12:26 a.m. which is approximately the time 6-long years ago that JonBenet's life was being snuffed out. I have just lite many candles in rememberance of JonBenet. I hope you will all do the same. My heart is simply breaking. Justice, elusive justice, how long must she wait for you? I cry many tears for the lack of justice that I have seen in this case. The framing of Steve Thomas, the many people who wanted to do the right thing, but were prevented from doing so. I hope they all know that JonBenet knows that they tried with all their heart, and I feel she is grateful for people like Steve Thomas and to each of you here.

If you lite a candle in the future, lite one for JonBenet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice