Burke Ramsey... the missing link

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol Member

I always thought "We aren't talking to you" meant more "This is none of your business, you aren't the one we are talking to" rather than "We aren't talking to you because we are angry with you."

2. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

"What did you find?" sounds to me like Burke heard Patsy telling the 911 operator about finding a ransom note. Whether Burke was involved or not, I don't think he would have been awake while the scene was staged and the note was written.

3. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

guess it depends on the tone..

seems with the questions he asked were normal for 9 year old...inquisitive..what did you find, etc.

So, he's "asleep" when all the people arrive and John and Fleet go and get him (OK). He comes downstairs and sees the police and all those people and not once ask "what is going on??" or "why do I have to go to the Whites?" He just takes his computer game and leaves. yeh, right. He didn't know anything????? or wasn't told anything???

Policemen are a big thing to kids and he never asks one question.

OK

4. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Like I've said before, I don't know any 9-10 year old who wouldn't hear people downstairs at Christmas and rush down thinking they might have a present for him.

Something kept Burke in bed, pretending to be asleep.

5. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, yes, yes!! I have one son who would magically appear every time his dad and I were having any kind of serious discussion. Whoops! There he was, all ears.

I think Burke was told that under no circumstances was he to come out of his room or say anything no matter what happened or what he was told to do. I don't think he knew anything, just to go and do what he was told.

Heymom

6. Spade

Spade Member

Facts and Lies

Something kept Burke in bed, pretending to be asleep.

No, BluesStrat (do you own one?) Nothing kept Burke in bed, that is a lie.

He was standing by the kitchen phone during the 911 call and being told by daddy dearest: "WE AREN'T TALKING TO YOU!", that is a fact.

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Sorry Spade, I was refering to AFTER the 911 call--when people started arriving. :cop:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree, BlueStrat. I think Burke heard Patsy calling 911, and came down to say "What did you find?" because he heard his mom talking about the Ransom Note. He's asking questions, and John is trying to get him to be quiet by saying we're not talking to you, i.e. your mom's on the phone talking to the operator. Patsy sees Burke, and hangs up, then goes into her "Help me, Jesus" routine. At that point, John makes a believer out of Burke by telling him to go back to bed and under NO circumstances is he to come downstairs until John says it's okay for him to do so. "You stay there, young man, and you keep your mouth shut, and you go where I tell you to go when I come get you."

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Is this true?

jameson
    Member since 5-8-02
    09-12-06, 01:32 PM (EST)

3. "RE: Cover for Burke"
    In response to message #2

In the state of Colorado, BY LAW, if Burke had been the responsible party, he would have been forced to get some help from a psychiatrist. That's all.

And, I'll ask one more time, does anyone here know if there were two beds in Burke's bedroom? Am I the only mother who thinks it's strange for his bed to have been made that morning?

10. Spade

Spade Member

Cherokee

"I agree, BlueStrat. I think Burke heard Patsy calling 911, and came down to say "What did you find?" because he heard his mom talking about the Ransom Note. He's asking questions, and John is trying to get him to be quiet by saying we're not talking to you, i.e. your mom's on the phone talking to the operator. Patsy sees Burke, and hangs up, then goes into her "Help me, Jesus" routine. At that point, John makes a believer out of Burke by telling him to go back to bed and under NO circumstances is he to come downstairs until John says it's okay for him to do so. "You stay there, young man, and you keep your mouth shut, and you go where I tell you to go when I come get you."

11. Spade

Spade Member

Jc

"In the state of Colorado, BY LAW, if Burke had been the responsible party, he would have been forced to get some help from a psychiatrist. That's all."

I don't think the LAW can even force a psychiatrist's help.

12. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Yes it can. Any child, in any State, can be declared a "ward of the court" if neglected by their parents. The Ramseys would have been ordered to get a psychiatrist's help for Burke and if they didn't comply the court would have stepped in, made Burke a ward, and got him the help he needed.

This is what has happened many times with parents who are religious fanatics and refuse medical treatment for their children because they believe "prayer alone" will cure their child's cancer or other serious illness.

13. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Since Burke, was in fact seeing a psychiatrist, I can only wonder if it was a secret agreement with "the right people" to assure he got help

14. sue

sue Member

::yes::
    I agree; it sounds to me like "this is none of your business, you aren't the one we are talking to."
    I think that makes the most sense.
    If that was the case, I don't think we would have had anyone still looking for a killer. It would have just sorted stopped (like OJ's 'search' for his ex-wife's 'real killer' just sort of evaporated).

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

My thoughts, exactly.

16. tylin

tylin Banned

Remember though that is was Christmas night not Christmas eve night. I don't think a kid would be as apt to get up and see if someone brought him a gift if it wasn't the night Santa was supposed to visit.

Another thing, someone mentioned kids not wanting to stay up and play after a long day.. trust me, if it was Christmas night and we'd been gone all day, my kids would have fought tooth and nail to stay up and play with their new toys after being gone all day.

17. koldkase

Burke had twin beds, like JonBenet. She was sometimes found sleeping in his room, I believe her parents said, when she'd wet the bed in her room...or am I misremembering this?

When John and Fleet went to "wake" Burke, I think Fleet made the bed while Burke was dressing to leave with Fleet.

If I'm wrong, I hope someone can remember and correct this, as JC asked twice.

18. koldkase

Evidence against Burke? He did hit JonBenet once with a golf club. It was said by Patsy to be an accident, and since he was a small child, of course it would be, even if he meant to hit her. We don't know what the details of that accident were, as far as I've ever heard, though. Anger? JonBenet got in the way of a swing? Who knows? Not me.

Speculation about what might have happened? Oh, heavens, are we guilty of that?

I also thought years ago it was discussed that Burke and JonBenet had been caught by the maid playing...indiscreetly. I never thought about it much, because I never saw a source for that, but it wouldn't be the first time children did such a thing. I hope it wasn't Burke who caused those prior vaginal injuries, but someone did, so yes, people are going to speculate about Burke. His parents obviously covered up SOMETHING they didn't want known: head blow; prior vaginal injuries; incest; crazy woman; fill in the blank. In looking for a motive, which is human nature, for an obviously privileged family to murder their six year old, people are going to speculate.

I have no idea what Burke's psychological makeup is, but I do know that about once a year, I see a new syndrome--mental or physical--that I am totally convinced I HAVE! I can't believe I'm still alive and I haven't garroted someone yet myself.... :eek:

I think there must be one for not being able to spell.... Spelling Dysfunctional Asymptomatic Doofus Syndrome.

And I do have Brain Cloud Syndrome: it covers whatever nothing else covers.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thanks, KK. I remember something about her going in another room to sleep when her bed was wet.

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thanks, Spade. I read BluesStrat disagrees. I may ask Deja Nu on the legal thread.

I guess that's what I was thinking.

My kids would have stayed up.

About the bed being made, I can't think of any man friend, woman either for that matter, who would have done that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice