Can DNA reveal race?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Mar 31, 2004.

1. imon128

imon128 Banned

According to Steve Thomas' book, there is NO ambiguity about Fleet or Priscilla's DNA, handwriting, etc. Whoever challenges this, needs to give a VERY qualified source.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Good grief

Who is this HoraceMills character at Purgatory? Sounds a lot like Morgan or Holly, complete with their snide remarks. I can't believe they are still touting their anti-FW campaign. Who's the other one there - Cyclops or something? Oh, I know -cheekysodd. Then, there's Aprainsong. There are reasons I don't post at Purgatory. One of those reasons is that mame and her thugs are posting there.

I just spent a few minutes reading some of maddie's posts at Purgatory. UncleBlabby is right, as he usually is. Maddie is mame. If need be, I can provide posts from mame and compare them to maddie's, if anyone needs proof. No one else writes like mame except maddie.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I would agree Imon - not to mention the fact that if the DA and co had been sitting on an inconclusive DNA test for over a year - words couldn't describe how incompetent that would have been.

Maddie has replied saying that she can't reveal her sources! Nuff said. How to lose all credibility in one fell swoop.

4. Watching You

Classic mame

The "I don't reveal my sources" is classic mame.

5. Elle

Elle Member

genetic research

Sorry about your family loss of two children, WY. This must have been a very sad time for all of you. It must be frustrating for those suffering today from cystic fibrosis who need help right now. It will be a great day when all these problems are solved. It wasn't too long ago we were all stunned by the cloning of Dolly the Sheep, so we know we are in store for many more experiments.

I hope I'm still around too! It's very obvious WY, you are very knowledgeable on this subject. You can't work for a Microbiologist and leave knowing nothing. You must have been interested in that line of work to begin with. Now, you may know how I feel when I say I was born too soon, with all this exciting progress going on around me. :mad:

6. Jayelles

I think I understand

Why Margoo gets herself so confused. She apparently doesn't read posts properly. In this instance, she felt the need to inform me that:-

Well, well. There are a couple of issues here. I'll take them one at a time. Firstly, did I say it was?? Actually no. What I said was:-

As I said before "Poor Margoo". In the above case, she read my post wrong. However, for the record, she is also totally wrong about being Scottish and Irish NOT being a racial identification. That may well be the American conception and as such, I believe her comments may be borne out of ignorance. I've had this discussion before with a non-European (in fact it was an American).

Race is defined as "a human population sharing certain common hereditary physical features.". However, it is ALSO defined as "a group of peoples or tribes with a common history, geography, or nationality."

Under the European Race Relations Act, the Scots, Irish, Welsh, English are all protected as separate races.

There have been several high-profile cases involving racial discrimination against Scots by English and vice versa. Margoo knows not about what she speaks!

7. Watching You

I have e-mailed

my microbiologist/DNA expert this morning requesting the latest information on DNA and race. I know he and his wife were going on a cruise, but I don't think that's for a couple more weeks or so, so he should be around. He is on sabbatical this semester, but he comes in to the office frequently. When he answers me, I will print his answer as is.

Margoo somehow got an idea that this subject was open for debate between the swamp and FFJ. I read something there and commented on it here. In no way did I intimate I was going to discuss anything with a Rambot. While I appreciate her interest in the subject, I won't debate anyone who twists my words and also dishonestly leaves out the caveat in an article that says the source for her beliefs may be running a scam. It only takes that happening once for me to distrust any further communication with said party.

Any shots I got in, Margoo, you had them coming. Further discussion on this forum will be with FFJ members, only.

8. Watching You

Straight from the microbiologist/DNA expert

In answer to my e-mail this morning, this is the reply I received from the expert. I think it adequately addresses the race/DNA issue. When I get the article that he is sending me, I may quote some things from it.

9. Jayelles

Wy

It doesn't surprise me if the best they can ever do is based on probability :) Thanks for posting this.

10. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Thanks WY

When in doubt, information from an expert in the field certainly lends credance to a debate....Sort of lays to rest those statements about the DNA in the Ramsey case coming from a caucasian white male that some posters were spouting with such confidence...

Ever wonder how those tidbits get started and why they are taken as truth and repeated as gospel as if the posters life depended upon it? Some are so invested in their theories, if seems that they will latch onto any statement made, ignoring the real facts and evidence, to forward their own supositions....The Lou Smit stun gun theory and it's acceptance as fact come instantly to mind, but there are so many other instances in the Ramsey case as well....

Looking forward to hearing what Tricia's sound expert finally comes up with on the 911 tape....hope he is able to be really definitive, as I think this could really be important from a number of aspects....#1. Whether or not the Ramsey's lied about Burke being awake #2. Deternmining exactly what Patsy, John, and Burke said #3. Proving the Lin Wood either doesn't really know the truth about the 911 call or is involved in a cover-up with the Ramsey's to lie to the court of public opinion......

This is what the Ramsey case has needed from the beginning...experts....uncorrupted, and fair with no hidden adgenda, no political or paid motive for giving the true, untarnished truth in their field of expertise....In the Ramsey case, there seem to be only a few experts who gave unfetterd opinions....The pathologist who did JonBenet's autopsy, and the court appointed handwriting expert who could not eliminate Patsy.....

The evidence produced by these true experts, led directly back to the Ramseys and to someone in the home who had long term access to JonBenet and to materials in the Ramsey home....

Anyone know of any experts who have produced any real physical evidence of any kind that leads to an intruder? If there were an intruder in the Ramsey home that night, there would be at least some minor physical evidence at the crime scene which was combed by detectives and other experts for days....Where is the expert evidence of an intruder?

Voyager

11. Elle

Elle Member

Great post, Jayelles!

Enjoyed this post, Jayelles, thank you!

Tell me about it! I went into a Jewelry store in London many moons ago with Scottish pounds, and he went into the back shop, and the black drape was open wide enough for me to see him looking at the Scottish money with his magnifying glass under a bright light. When he came back, I told him I could have saved him some time. I had been up all night making that money.
    :dammit:

12. Elle

Elle Member

Straight from the microbiologist/DNA expert

Thanks for this valuable information WY. Very interesting!

13. Jayelles

ROFL! Nowadays the Scottish pound note is refused in England. In fact, I think they are out of circulation in Scotland too although they will be accepted if you have an old one. We used to always change our money into English banknotes, but shopkeepers tend to be less fussy nowadays. I remember about 10 years ago we were camping in North Yorkshire and our older kids had some £1 notes. They went into a little shop and asked if they would accept them and were told "We LOVE your £1 notes!". That was nice.

My Hubby works in London and on occasion we think about relocating. About 5 years ago, I applied for a teaching post to a nice school in Kent. I flew down for the interview to find I was on the shortlist of 4 but the only Scot. The interviews lasted all day and in the afternoon was the "big" interview with the governors and Headmaster. We waited in the staffroom until it was our turn to be interviewed. Imagine my astonishment when a female member of staff came over to the table where three of us were sitting chatting and she launched a barrage of anti-Scots sentiment at me. Although taken aback, I managed to let her finish, smiled sweetly and then told her that I totally agreed (something my Dad taught us to do as a technique for avoiding confrontation). She didn't reply, just looked at me for a moment and then walked away. The other interviewees were flabbergasted. What a cow! I decided there and then that I didn't want the job and so when I was offered it at the end of the afternoon, I turned it down .

14. Elle

Elle Member

Jayelles,

I just lost a whole post here! Normally I copy my post before I post it just in case it vanishes, but I forgot! Sorry you were treated so badly by this staff member in Kent. I'm amazed this was allowed to happen. Maybe she was trying to put you off the job. I doubt that I could have taken this. My fighting Irish would have had me out of my chair! Born in Scotland of Irish stock. You were too well behaved.

I lived in England for a few years in the 1980's. I have a lot of very nice English friends, but I know there are some folk who are unfriendly. I still think you should have clobbered her Jayelles :viking:

15. Jayelles

Hey - that wee guy looks just like me! I daresay that if I had accepted the job, I might have clobbered her through time. I can fight my own battles rather well but I have a long fuse. When it blows, it really blows. Thankfully, anti-Scots sentiment isn't something that is encountered very often. Our football fans (aka The Tartan Army) are very well behaved and welcomed all over the world. Scots are often in positions of authority south of the border and I'm thinking particularly of Police Chiefs and top surgeons. According to a recent poll, the Scots accent is the one most people would trust on the telephone!

Trust me.........(heh heh).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice