Carnes & Wood - JonBenet mentions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think this could be the same series of books that were used when I was at school, but it was called "Janet and John". I think they possibly just changed the names because the rest of it it sounds very familiar (and I think the dog was Spot).

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And here is the "rest of the story":

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/YOURRO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS Mincho"; panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4; mso-font-alt:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Arial Unicode MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1 -369098753 63 0 4129023 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@Arial Unicode MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1 -369098753 63 0 4129023 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@MS Mincho"; panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:modern; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:-1610612033 1757936891 16 0 131231 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin-top:12.0pt; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:3.0pt; margin-left:0in; text-indent:0in; line-height:150%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list .25in; font-size:14.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:16.0pt; font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-font-kerning:16.0pt; font-weight:bold;} h3 {margin-right:0in; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:3; font-size:13.5pt; font-family:"Arial Unicode MS"; font-weight:bold;} p.MsoBodyText, li.MsoBodyText, div.MsoBodyText {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:6.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p {margin-right:0in; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Arial Unicode MS";} p.Firstlineindent, li.Firstlineindent, div.Firstlineindent {mso-style-name:"First line indent"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:.15in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.PolicyTitle, li.PolicyTitle, div.PolicyTitle {mso-style-name:"Policy Title"; mso-style-parent:"Body Text"; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:6.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS Mincho"; font-variant:small-caps; font-weight:bold; mso-bidi-font-style:italic;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1699623363; mso-list-template-ids:67698725;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-style-link:"Heading 1"; mso-level-text:%1; mso-level-tab-stop:.3in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.3in; text-indent:-.3in;} @list l0:level2 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2"; mso-level-tab-stop:.4in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.4in; text-indent:-.4in;} @list l0:level3 {mso-level-style-link:"Heading 3"; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3"; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.5in; text-indent:-.5in;} @list l0:level4 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4"; mso-level-tab-stop:.6in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.6in; text-indent:-.6in;} @list l0:level5 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4\.%5"; mso-level-tab-stop:.7in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.7in; text-indent:-.7in;} @list l0:level6 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4\.%5\.%6"; mso-level-tab-stop:.8in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.8in; text-indent:-.8in;} @list l0:level7 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4\.%5\.%6\.%7"; mso-level-tab-stop:.9in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.9in; text-indent:-.9in;} @list l0:level8 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4\.%5\.%6\.%7\.%8"; mso-level-tab-stop:1.0in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:1.0in; text-indent:-1.0in;} @list l0:level9 {mso-level-style-link:""; mso-level-text:"%1\.%2\.%3\.%4\.%5\.%6\.%7\.%8\.%9"; mso-level-tab-stop:1.1in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:1.1in; text-indent:-1.1in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style> Dick and Jane were the main characters in popular basal readers written by Dr. William S. Gray and published by Scott Foresman, that were used to teach children to read from the 1930s through to the 1970s in the United States.
    Original vintage Dick and Jane books, with Sally, Dick, and Jane, Spot and Puff!<o:p></o:p>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    Janet and John<o:p></o:p>
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<o:p></o:p>

Jump to: navigation, search
    <o:p></o:p>
    <!-- start content --> Janet and John are the main characters in a series of reading books for children aged 4-7 years. Originally, these stories were written by Mabel O'Donnell and Rona Munro from New Zealand, and published by Row Peterson and Company as the Alice and Jerry books in the USA.<o:p></o:p>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    And the list goes on...
    Peter and Jane are the main characters in a series of 36 British early readers for the English language published by Ladybird Books. The first book in the series, Ladybird series 641, was published in 1964, and the series was completed by the first publication of the 36th book in 1967. The books are also known as Peter and Jane after the characters, although the series is more properly referred to as the Key Words Reading Scheme. Over 80 million books in the series have been sold worldwide, and the books remain in print in 2006.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

And they are back!

http://www.janetandjohn.com/

70% of British adults learned to read with Janet and John!

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think Puff was the family cat.
    I liked Dick & Jane- I wanted a family like that. They lived in a pretty suburb- I lived in a slum. I wanted to be the baby sister.
    I always thought the Dr. Seuss books were a little creepy. My daughter never liked them much as a child, she thought the characters were scary-looking. My mom was blind, so I never got read to as a young child, but I had plenty of books. The Little Golden Books that are still popular, and Mother Goose stories. I guess I learned to read by myself with those books. A also read a lot of comic books. I remember teaching myself to read them- at first I could only read aloud. As I learned, I was able to read without saying the words aloud. My grandson was read to from birth. He loves it- at age 2, he doesn't actually "read" but he has favorite books that he knows the stories by heart and can recite the books from memory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice