Check in thread for posters in hurricane's path

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 3, 2004.

1. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Presently some wind and rain, but it's just the beginning. Looks like Jeanne is coming to visit my neighborhood. The worst is likely to arrive here in the early morn with some nasty wind preceding from the outer bands. The center is going to be very close. I still hoping for some northward turn which would help my situation. Well, It's wait and see - again.

Check in later if circumstance allows.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Stay safe Delmar, RR and anyone else in this bustard's path. I can't believe it is happening again.

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Sending prayers Florida's way. Stay safe Y'All.

4. Elle

Elle Member

How much more can you take of this, Delmar?

Delmar,

Hoping all the precautions you took before will work for you again, and that you and all the others who are threatened will be safe.

Let us know a.s.a.p. how you are.

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

dam this hurricane season is loooooooooong.

Prayers once more for all in the path of this storm.

I'm also gonna put in some early prayers for next season for ya'll. :) May it be historical in that we have no storms.

6. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Oh Sheeeshhhhh! Don't bother to take down the plywood for another couple of months. Can't believe our fellow posters in Florida are going thru another hurricane again!

Take care...you know the routine.

7. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Currently wind gusts around 45 to 50 mph with rain. The really heavy stuff will arrive here in probably two to three hours. That's when I expect to power to go out if not before.

Predicted gusts around 100 mph in some bands. I'm glad I paid extra for heavier shingles, but will that be enough? :)

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good grief, you guys ... I can't believe you're getting hammered once again.

I know it's going to be a long night, and I'm hoping everyone stays safe.

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Almost 2:00 am Mountain time. Watching MSNBC and damn....I just saw, and I am not making this up, what looked like a roof fly right behind the reporter standing outside in Jeanne in West Palm Beach.

I really, REALLY, want everyone to check in asap ok? It's looking scary.

Let's pray this is the end of the hurricanes.

10. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Too Much!

This hurricane season has been too severe and gone on way too long....our hearts and prayers are with all of you guys Easy....it must seem unbelievable to you that the heavy winds are once again on their way....Darn!

We will be winging out way home from Chicago in a few hours, having had a wonderful visit in the city.....hope the winds aloft in the midwest are not feel the effects of the hurricanes.....this has bee a crazy weather season for so many of you....

I will check in this evening when we get home to see how Easy, RR, Greenie, and our Texas crew are faring with this one...

Voyager

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

12. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I lay in bed with the TV on all night drifting in and out of troubled cat naps watching as Jeanne pounded Florida, thinking of :mears: and EasyWriter, praying for you to be safe and wondering how you stay sane in all of that. :hug: to both of you. Rain makes me nuts after a day or so. Don't know how you do it but you have my utmost respect for being able to be a Floridian and a survivor.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Checking in.....

We are fine but I'm exhausted so I'll fill you in tomorrow.

RR

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I imagine you are mentally exausted at this point. :hug:

So glad you have once again made it thur safely. I hope this is it for hurricanes now. I can't imagine ya'll being able to handle anymore.

15. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Free, what is the situation where you are? They have just scrolled flash flood warnings for here and many other counties. I don't even think it is raining here yet? Do you have any information about wind, etc?

Arrgh. Edited for a typo.

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Hey Driver...

We're s'pose to get wind and rain once again starting early tomorow. I don't know how it wiill affect us since we've had some hot days of drying out and I don't think the rainfall is spose to be as heavy as Ivan. So hopefully we'll see nothing like the last two storms.

I hope y'all miss all this..... I tell you I was really surprised how easy we flood here, you just don't think about it this part of the state ya know. I'd heard y'all had it pretty good with Ivan with tornados, wind and rain so I will pray for you also. And hey if it gets too bad we can huddle in our closets and call each other on cell phones. lol stay safe lokks like it's gonna be a bumpy night tomorow.

Just saw that we are in the flood watch also and that windy and stormy weather is in store for all of Monday into tuesday night.....sigh, I'm sick of this also.

17. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Yep, I was shocked at what effect Ivan had over Asheville way.

I will pay attention to the weather reports in the morning, that's for sure. I am supposed to work just about every day this week, and I don't want them to cancel school.

I will keep you in my prayers, too.

18. Elle

Elle Member

I hope so, Delmar! Also hope you're heavily insured (?). Thinking about you!
    Just heard on the news that 1500 are dead in Haiti from this hurricane. Tragic!

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The sun is shining!

And the winds blew my DSL back on so I'm making progress! :gottarun:

My best wishes going out to my northern buddies (that includes that damn Yankee, FreeBird) that may be in the path of Jeanne.

Four of these babies in a row was a helluva experience to witness and SURVIVE but it sucks to be 39 and be scared of the wind.

RR

20. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Thinking About Our Storm Victim Buddies....

this morning....Just wanted all of you to know that we are continuing our vigil for you guys, and waiting to hear that the storm has passed once again....Hoping that those shingles stay on your house Easy and RR hope that you come home to find your house as intact as you left it, despite the severe winds....And VP, Mac, Freebird, Shadow, Greenie, Driver and all of you southerners, please check in when you can, so that we will know you are safe....

Got back from Chicago yesterday evening and Scoop had left a message that Szundi called to say the she has gone to her friends again to ride out the duration of the storm/storms this week....I am assuming that she means the same friend in northwestern Florida where she stayed last time....don't know if that or any place in Fla. is safe these days....
    I am a little confused by the news as it seems that the storms are so huge and the damage so wide-spread, that almost everyplace is effected....

I do know that these storms have been very tramatic for her and her animals....Will try to call her today on her cell to see how she is faring this time....

God bless you all and keep you safe during this terrible time of storms,
    Voyager

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice