Cherokee's Thread/Analysis

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 19, 2005.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, Chero has done an amazing job with those mark-ups and comparisons of Patsy's exemplars and the ransom note, and I believe she's just getting started. I can't wait to see the rest.

It took a DA like Hunter to FUBAR a simple case like this one. That is: one corrupt enough to refuse to obtain simple warrants for things like PHONE RECORDS OF THE FAMILY IN WHOSE HOUSE THE CHILD WAS MURDERED AND HER BODY FOUND.

Oh, good lord, don't get me started....

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks, Cherokee, I did feel anger yesterday with the image of Patsy Ramsey sitting there writing this note, knowing her little girl was already dead. Sitting there, letting her journalistic skills kick in, just the same way she wrote another speech overnight for the talent contest in a Miss Virginia Beauty Pageant. She was thwarted by the copyright, of using her favourite speech from "The Pride of Miss Jean Brodie" she won the talent competition by speaking about "copyrights." She's a crafty one all right!

She let her imagination run riot with the ransom note.

I am spellbound by your analysis, Cherokee.I think this is exactly how Patsy Ramsey's mind worked. Patsy Ramsey knew exactly how to confuse the LE. First of all by the "War and Peace" ransom note, and secondly by her contamination party of friends. She knew what she was doing.

I felt the bonus figure of $118,000 was purposely chosen
    to put some of the Access Graphics staff in jeopardy. If LE were chasing after them, they were leaving Patsy and John alone.

The way we are all posting here and discussing this ransom note is exactly what Patsy Ramsey wanted the Law Enforcement to do. Sidetrack everyone, and give the Ramseys time to lawyer up and protect themselves. Throw reasonable doubt at the LE so this will keep them from being arrested. It worked!

I look forward to the remaining part of your analysis, Cherokee.

3. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Oh Go Ahead koldkase....

The fact that John's cell phone records and the Ramsey's home phone records were not supenoed as evidence in this murder case is a real travesty.....

This supression of evidence from the very beginning of this investigation, is a crime in itself and the person/persons responsible for the supression of this evidence should be prosecuted....Is there a statute of limitations for prosecuting a crime like suppression of evidence? Come on, where are our legal eagles?

We have been asking about those phone records forever....don't know if there was discussion about them during the Grande Jury investigating the Ramsey case or not....But IF NOT then WHY NOT? Seems I remember some very lame excuse about why those phone records were not available....I lay most of the fault at the feet of Alex Hunter for not insisting that those records be secured and entered as evidence early on....

Of course it makes one wonder who was putting the pressure on early on in this case....Can we say Haddon and associates? John's long-time personal legal council who was advising him in the early hours after the crime?(can't remember his name just now) I suspect so....Someone with a VERY BIG ERASER that is for sure....Wasn't that the song they were singing, that somehow those records were erased or lost?

OK koldkase, now you have got me started....Your turn....I am just going to sit back with my popcorn :pop: and watch the rage......

Those phone records could and would surely prove that the Ramsey's are the liars that we know them to be and that most likely, no one in that house got any sleep that night....They would be much more useful even than the partially digested pineapple in setting a time line for that night....It would put John and Patsy on the phone instead of asleep in bed until Patsy came down the stairs that morning and found the ransom note....Very incriminating indeed....

One wonders if there is someone, somewhere who still has a copy of those phone records before they were officially erased and is just waiting to drop the bomb.....In my thinking, it will be some detail like this held by someone who knows something about the Ramsey's guilty knowledge who will finally break this case wide open....

Can you think what would happen right now if someone showed up with those phone records at the new District Attorneys office? Just imagine for an instant that someone has had these records from the beginning and has only been waiting until they felt that an honest DA was finally in this office to come forth with this evidence damaging to JonBenet's parents.....Now would that be an emphasis to get the new DA and investigators cracking on this coldcase:whipit: !

Voyager ;)

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

In the meantime....

Years ago I studied handwriting analysis. Although I never got through the most rudimentary of lessons, I did learn enough to be fascinated with the whole process. I come from a large family and I am very good at identifying the handwriting of each and every person to whom I had occasion to observe handwriting exemplars.

I was taught by the Sisters Of Mercy, an order of Catholic nuns. They all seemed to write alike; beautiful penmanship with carefully constructed letters and even margins. One of my sisters writes just like them. My penmanship, on the other hand, is altogether the opposite. My sister, like the nuns who taught her, is conservative and operates within very strict boundaries. I, on the other hand, have developed much broader views of life.

Years ago I read somewhere a most interesting article about handwriting. Some doctors have done research on mental patients and came up with extraordinary findings. Through their experiments with patients they found that the teaching (and ultimate practice) of old-fashioned hand- writing, could possibly formulate thinking patterns into a more orderly, rational mode.

There is no doubt in my mind that handwriting is a huge reflection of one’s individual thinking mind. We are in the infancy of our knowledge and understanding of how to read and interrupt the millions of handwriting variations. One day science will perfect handwriting interruption to such an extent that it will be as good as DNA, insofar as identifying the writer.

The Ramsey ransom note will probably be used in future textbooks on the subject, as our handwriting knowledge evolves into an undisputed science.

In the meantime, I am very much interested in Cherokee's analysis. She is on the right track.

Greenleaf
    :leaf:

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Greenleaf, I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said. I've seen the same thing you describe (the conservative traits and handwriting) in my own experience of handwriting analysis.

As soon as we get this linguistic analysis finished, I'm anxious to plow on ahead with the graphology portion. I look forward to discussing it with you.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Nice you were involved with handwriting analysis yourself, Greenleaf. It is a fascinating subject. You will have a better understanding than most of us. Your posts are always very interesting.

I am very deeply engrossed in Cherokee's analysis here on FFJ, and I'm very pleased Tricia took quick action with the latest annoyance "Connie" who tried to sidetrack us with her Fleet White post.

I sincerely hope the new investigator in the JonBenét case, Jim Skolar, finds his way to Cherokee's analysis here, or someone who reads here, who may know him, will point him in the right direction.

7. koldkase

I'm not a legal eagle, but I can tell you that if there is no DA interested in prosecuting a crime, then there is not going to be a prosecution. The one thing even Darnay saw early on in this case is that Hunter/Keenan/whomever did not want to prosecute it and never will. So the chance that any DA would actually hold Hunter accountable for the blatant obstruction of justice he committed related to the murder...zero.

The same is true of the many breaches of ethics in Hunter's office: nobody is going to prosecute Alex Hunter, or anyone else for that matter, no matter how many times they broke the law or trashed their ethical obligations under their Code of Ethics, as members of the court, sworn to uphold the law. I personally wrote to the Colorado Bar Association and many other government agencies through the years about the undeniable "appearance of impropriety" between lawyers in this case. They seldom bothered to respond, and when they have, their responses have been so pathetic that any intelligent person would be embarrassed to make such a faulty argument, much less a person whose profession IS making legal arguments.

They don't care. They cover for each other like partners in crime. Remember how the Attorney General's husband called John a few days after the murder? Believe me, the fix was in that early in this case. If not for Steve Thomas and his letter of resignation which became public, Hunter never would have been forced by the governor to hire Mike Kane and convene a Grand Jury. Really.

To this day, the BDA's Office is STILL catering to the Ramseys. Lin Wood hardly had to threaten the BPD to get Keenan to give the Ramseys everything they wanted. Keenan would have chewed her hands off before she'd have lifted a finger to bring this case to trial.

Thomas wrote that Hunter REFUSED point blank to get a warrant for the phone records, saying that he wanted to establish a "rapport" with the Ramseys and let them "give" the phone records to the BPD in the spirit of cooperation. I am not making this up. No decent lawyer in this country would ever DREAM of such a thing, knowing that even if the Ramseys DID turn over the phone records voluntarily, if ever arrested, the lack of a warrant could come back in court to bite the prosecution in the butt. Not Hunter. I will believe until the day I die that he KNEW the Ramseys had called their lawyer (and maybe someone else) early and that those phone records would prove it. Hunter was working for the defense, it's clear to me.

The phone records did show up "voluntarily"--a year later...and the month of December, 1996, for a Ramsey cell phone HAD NO CALLS ON IT, even though the months prior to December were very active on that phone. The month that their child was murdered in their home was mysteriously blank for calls to that phone. One year later, after the DA had sandbagged getting their phone records until the Ramseys' lawyers were ready to turn them over--poof! Gone. May I add, since the RST tries to find any excuse for this "coincidence" to obscure yet another fact that points to the Ramseys being involved in the murder of JonBenet: the Ramseys NEVER reported their cell phone missing, so it was not lost, except in jams' mind.

Oh...and the cell phone records for that cell phone for the months AFTER murder--since no warrant was obtained and the Ramseys did not turn THOSE over, no one will ever have evidence to prove the phone was still in the Ramsey's possession and being used, will they? Gosh, you 'd think that a "missing cell phone" might be deemed important to INNOCENT parents looking for the murderer of their child, wouldn't you? But no...never crossed the minds of the WORLD CLASS DETECTIVES that a STOLEN CELL PHONE, or even one lost and picked up by...say...some CHILD KILLER...might lead to a suspect or...god forbid...THE INTRUDER. Gosh, they might even have TRACED THE CALLS on the MISSING PHONE to a SOURCE! No? Right, why bother? Another blow against justice in a child murder....

OK, you DID get me started, didn't you? So here's what I think about the DA in Boulder...ANY DA in Boulder...EVER attempting to do the right thing by JonBenet in her murder: not going to happen. Not if someone shows up with a videotape of it. To open up this long buried case would mean to open up all the scandals and lies and double dealings and ethical problems Hunter laid at the BDA's door for many decades to come. Has anyone in LE in Boulder struck you as remotely interested in pursuing the truth in this case since Thomas and Kane left? Have you heard anything out of anyone there in years that comes close to sounding like they give a damn?

Do you really believe any professional in law in Colorado is EVER going to try to expose that a bunch of rotten eggs have run the justice system there for decades? And still have a career? Not gonna' happen. IMO

8. koldkase

Gosh, Elle, keep on hoping. You have a good heart. I'm afraid I'm all hoped out....

9. koldkase

Your latest post of your analysis is equally fascinating, Cherokee. I'm slowly working my way through it. Here is a very interesting point you made which hit me like a rock between the eyes:

Ah. And so this gives a different SLANT to John Ramsey's QUICK ASSESSMENT of the situation, which he shared with LE: "It's an inside job."

I am now convinced John was in on this all the time.

10. Cherokee

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent post, KK. I agree 110%. This case will NEVER be prosecuted because it would open the entire can of worms erroneously labeled "Colorado justice system." So many of them are in bed with each other it's an absolute orgy of malfeasance and corruption.

11. Cherokee

I've had the exact same thought, KK, and almost included it in my analysis when relating to the Access Graphics link, but I didn't want to stray too far from the ransom note and into other aspects of the case.

John's statement was a very odd thing to say immediately after bringing JonBenet's body up from the basement. It can only mean one of two things:

1. John was implicating someone at Access Graphics, or
    2. John was implicating someone in their immediate circle of Ramsey family and friends, including Patsy.

I tend to believe it was the former. I find it very interesting that John, by using the phrase "inside job," makes a subtle psycholinguistic link to the concept of "work" and/or "employment," and thus by extension, to Access Graphics.

12. koldkase

Dang, Chero, you don't miss a trick!

I think John was trying to point LE to someone outside the home. There were only so many obvious choices, and I think in the heat of what happened that night, they went for the quickest sure bet they could find: AG and its "international" status.

I have often wondered just how much "advice" they got that morning from their lawyer....

13. Elle

Elle Member

I hate having to agree with you here KK but I think you're right, and I'm hoping this new fellow Jim Kolar may change this, but I doubt it!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

14. Little

Little Member

Well, you can count me in on agreeing with this 100%. Hunter set the pace on this which, IMO, places him in the hall of shame right along with virtually every person who had a hand in aiding and abetting the Ramsey get away. That hall is quite wide and long and includes a who's who that John & Patsy Ramsey would be proud to take down with them.

Little

15. koldkase

And that, my fellow Amuricunz, is how back room deals work: once you're in, you're in for life...whether that's prison for life or the hot tubbie for life...you choose.

We all know about Hunter and his Hot Tubbie Gang.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Time the plug was pulled on the hot tubbie KK. :)

17. wombat

wombat Member

Back to Cherokee's Analysis, Please

In the analysis thread, Cherokee has started the last part of the note.

I've always thought that the note changed tone and the handwriting started to lose control right at the work "beheaded". If you think about it, that word is the most emotion-causing in the note, and in some ways the most true, with the poor child's neck so tightly squeezed by the cord that it looked like her head to come off. Also, remember the American Girl doll discussion of a few months back? Doll's heads come off, and JonBenet looked so much like her doll with the neck string when she was found.

The note and the staging reveal such a disturbed mind, but a mind of a person that had some kind of drive to tell the truth.

18. Elle

Elle Member

This is worth paying attention to, Wombat. Patsy's mind was disturbed and who knows what was going through her head as she was writing this ransom note. Planning and scheming. Writing whatever came into her head, at random; hoping to sidetrack the law.

Good observation!

19. Cherokee

You're absolutely right, Wombat.

The ransom note actually has a kernel of truth for it's starting point. The reality of JonBenet's death, the cord around her neck (bringing an image of beheading) and her "remains" lying wrapped in the basement is the basis for the fantasy spun by the ransom note writer.

In psychological terms, the writer is penning a confession of sorts ... or as you put it ... subconsciously they had "some kind of drive to tell the truth."

The writing of this truth (and the accompanying images in the author's mind) pulls at the author's suppressed emotions and causes a change the tone and writing.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee.

I was looking for another new thread for the rest of your analysis. Geesh I hate being a dopey Senior at times. I missed your new posts. Have been busy here, so I'll go back and start reading your new posts. I wonder if anyone else was thinking the same (?) Maybe some of the younger ones
    thought this too. :)

Thanks Wombat for posting Cherokee had started the last part. I feel awful!:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice