Could someone please post how both John and Patsy found/read the Ransom Note?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 7, 2010.

1. fr brown

fr brown Member

That's just one version from the interviews. The police have an irritating habit of returning to the same question many times to see if the story changes and in this case it did.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Agree 100%. Have some ambien. :balloon:

3. fr brown

fr brown Member

Yes, good idea. I think I'll wash it down with some chardonnay and a Xanax.

Excuse me. I need to go have a psychotic break now....

4. koldkase

Good choice! And you're in perfect company for it. Bottoms up! :toast:

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

omg me too.

6. Karen

Karen Member

Well I guess this can be my disclaimer if (when) I post something really stupid.

I don't recall the fine print in the contract but then again if Patsy can not recall when the last time JB bathed or if there was pineapple on the dining room table or what a paint tray is I guess that stuff just happens, huh?:fishslap:

7. AMES

AMES Member

I watched Barbara Walters try to re-enact that scenario too, and she had to literally hoist herself up on the railing of the spiral staircase, and swing herself around the note, almost falling... to step "over" it. No way in h*ll that anybody...including Patsy Ramsey would do this, if they had actually found a RN on their staircase. She even stated at first, that she had thought that it was a note that her housekeeper, Linda, had left...because she always left notes there (or SO Patsy said)...so why not pick it up. Why would she be afraid to get fingerprints on a note that Linda had left. Patsy was full of BS.

8. AMES

AMES Member

I read while on all fours, in my underwear. What's so strange about THAT???

9. AMES

AMES Member

I am trying to imagine this...she says "I hurry down the spiral staircase to the bottom floor and stop". "What's this, I wonder".... okay, I have got that part...she is running down the staircase..SUPPOSEDLY...and near the bottom she spots the RN. BUT THEN she says..."I TURN AROUND to look at three pieces of paper on the step near the bottom". This part makes no sense....If she is running down the stairs...to the bottom floor...and spots the RN...why would she have to TURN AROUND to see it??? Is this when she leaped over it...and then she turned around to read it? I am confused.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Ames, I think this is exactly what Patsy wanted everyone to believe she did! Why Patsy chose the spiral stairs instead of the other stairs beats me. She truly never analyzed this well at all, did she? No one hurries down "spiral stairs" or they could fall. Too dangerous! I think her state of mind was totally confused with the tragic circumstances which had taken place and she was doing her best to make the ransom note convincing, but she failed and ended up with "The War and Peace" of ransom notes as stated by one of the analysts.

11. fr brown

fr brown Member

They don't just try to drive; they do drive, just not very well. I'd have your husband hide the car keys.

While we're on the topic of spellbinding drugs, Peter Breggin in Medication Madness says that the manufacturer removed Xanax from the 2007 PDR because they didn't want to list the side effects. As we know, Patsy had taken Xanax and perhaps was taking it when JonBenet was murdered.

The other famous Xanax patient is Melissa Huckaby, the Sunday school teacher who raped and beat a little friend of her daughter's with a rolling pin (wooden, I presume) then strangled her. She also used a cord and a suitcase in the commission of the crime. (I don't think she used the cord to strangle the girl. I think she just used it to tie around the suitcase. Like that would work.)

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Oh, that's all the rage the days...I was outside when I stripped down to my underwear because for some strange unknown reason, I couldn't find my house key! Don't be Judging! I still had my shirt & shoes on, ok?!

The only reason I felt even the slightest bit silly is when it dawned on me that I didn't need the darn key anyhow because my Garage Door Opener was in my Jeep the entire time...

Oops -
    RR

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Their lies are ridiculous and asinine. It would be laughable if this wasn't about the murder of a little girl. Reading Patsy's account of her discovery of the RN makes me sick. It's disgusting how they tried to finger LHP from the beginning. I am sure JR and PR very quickly decided that their best bet as far as a believable "suspect" was LHP. She was someone they thought would not have the financial or intellectual resources to fight back. First, Patsy makes a point saying LHP often left notes on stairs when it was PATSY who left notes for LHP on the stairs, as well as her handbags for LHP to clean out each week. Patsy was accustomed to using that spiral staircase as a place to exchange communication with her housekeeper.
    Then, Patsy adds that the note is probably to remind her that LHP needs to borrow $2500. This links LHP to a motive as well.
    Then, one of the FIRST things JR says to Det. Arndt after bringing JB up from the basement....NOT tears, sobs, unbearable grief. Instead, he says "This is an inside job". Again setting the stage for LHP to be the perp. So much for the SFF.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  14. Nickii

Nickii Member

What an attitude! This is the first time that I read that. I am really scratching my head. I would never let my cleaning lady (if I had one) clean out my handbags. How should she know what is important or not?

The house was so messy where no visitors are to be expected. The room of JB, the master bedroom and the cellar too! All "private areas"! I wonder what a psychologist would read into that...

15. koldkase

Perfect. That's what Patsy intended--confusion.

16. koldkase

Dang! You're good. I'm going to email BDA Garnett and tell him he needs you on his prosecution team when he takes this to trial.

17. koldkase

Oh! Oh! Oh! I'm not a psychiatrist, but I got this one! :gottarun:

Patsy was superficial. But behind that facade of money and privilege was a mess of a human being.

Fr brown, interesting stuff about the xanax, too. Wasn't Sat. Night Live comic Phil Hartman's wife taking it as well, when she shot and killed him and then herself?

Wow. Now this might really be important. Was Patsy taking xanax? Can't remember off the top of my head. I know they asked her about what drugs she was taking during the LE interviews.

If she was, then I might put more weight on the PDI theories.

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Patsy was also taking Klonopin. Interesting that JR told LE that Patsy was on meds BEFORE the murder but not after. Almost like making sure LE knew that the meds couldn't have caused this irrational behavior because she wasn't on them. Without blood tests done on Patsy that day (or within a few days anyway) we don't know if that is truthful.
    To me, it makes it even more suspicious that her meds taken before the murder WOULD have caused her to go into a rage.
    I do recall that LE removed some medications from the home.
    Post-cancer treatment, cancer survivors are forever altered, chemically as well as physically and emotionally. Patsy was probably always high-strung, but may not have had the capability of this kind of attack before she underwent chemo. After that, and especially because she had a hysterectomy (complete, with ovaries removed as well), hormone levels drop and a woman's body responds in ways that are not only physical but emotional as well. Women who are not cancer patients can take hormone replacement therapy to help stay balanced. But women like Patsy, who have had cancer of reproductive organs, cannot take this treatment.

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

Liars rarely can get their stories straight. Which is why I don't think creating confusion was Patsy's intent. Imo the confusion created by her description of events results from the fact that she never performed the act of stepping down the spiral stairs on that morning and 'discovering' a ransom note on them.
    Having worked as a housecleaner during my student years, I think that "cleaning out" the handbag refers to cleaning in a literal sense, i. e. cleaning/wiping an already empty handbag, or emptying the handbag of its content, cleaning it of any debris like e. g. crumbs, and then putting the content back inside.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  20. fr brown

fr brown Member

MIKE KANE: What do you know about Mrs. Ramsey having panic attacks?

JOHN RAMSEY: Um, I don't know what a panic attack is, I guess, for sure. How would you -- describe it.

MIKE KANE: Just a feeling that you can't control the moment, overreacting to something maybe more than would be within a normal range. Just feeling, I can't handle the situation.

JOHN RAMSEY: She is as stable as a rock.

MIKE KANE: So you have never known her to have those?

JOHN RAMSEY: (No response).

MIKE KANE: Never known her to be treated for those?

JOHN RAMSEY: No.

MIKE KANE: Never known her to take any medication for those?

JOHN RAMSEY: (Nodding).

MIKE KANE: Would it surprise you to find out that she did?

JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. That would.

MIKE KANE: Did you ever hear the drug Xanax, X-A-N-A-X?

JOHN RAMSEY: (No response).

MIKE KANE: Ever known Ms. Ramsey to take that?

JOHN RAMSEY: No.

When I first read this I thought the charged atmosphere between Kane and Ramsey was about the panic attacks. Later I found out that Xanax is associated with psychosis and violence. It's also addictive.

One of Xanax's side effects is low level mania which may have been a trait of Patsy's--at least you read a lot about her always going overboard with everything.

I don't know if she was taking it at the time of the murder, but Kane was asking him about it for a reason.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice