Could someone please post how both John and Patsy found/read the Ransom Note?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 7, 2010.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Just tossing in a reminder tid-bit here that one of the reasons that the Ramseys were turned down by more than one polygrapher was because of their requirement regarding no medications that could alter the results of a polygraph.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for finding this. (This is from the 1998 BDA interview with Smit and Haney, FYI anyone who doesn't know.) I remember Patsy talking about her panic attacks in DOI, didn't she? This was post murder, but obviously Kane and Smit knew about them in 1998, but not John?

When John says he didn't know Patsy had panic attacks, I find that strange.

[Edited because I got the interviews/years confused.]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Okay, getting sidetracked, but not really. Here's a long part of the '98 interview with John when Kane asks a lot of questions about Patsy's cancer treatments. It's really sad to read, because it's a part of John I haven't paid much attention to, I have to admit.

He was apparently very involved in Patsy's cancer treatments and caring for her during them. The questions John answered in great detail and with no hesitation were extremely personal and painful, I'm sure.

I notice how much Patsy went through during those NIH cancer treatments. It was really horrible. I don't know that I'd have that kind of courage.

But John was with her all the way, or he wouldn't have known the details he relates.

Also, Kane asked very intimate questions about their sex life. John was candid there, as well. I'm no expert, but it doesn't appear that they had much of a sex life after the cancer diagnosis, even after the treatments were over. John stated it was still painful for Patsy, though he paradoxically says it was "normal" for them after the cancer battle.

So then they get into Patsy's medications, which is what I was looking at. Here's the link to the entire interview, and you can use the "search/find" function to hunt up that portion about Patsy's cancer.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9946

Here is the portion on the medications Patsy took at various times, according to John:

4. fr brown

fr brown Member

When Kane asks him if he has (n)ever known Patsy to take medication for panic attacks, John nods his head "yes." It's not the first time his body language has given him away.

I think he knew about both the attacks and the Xanax by the time of the interview and most likely before JonBenet's murder. And clearly this is a charged topic for him because sometimes he doesn't even respond to Kane's questions. What's bothering him about Patsy and Xanax?

5. AMES

AMES Member

She said on some news program, and I have posted this before....that she was hurrying down those spiral stairs, to go and make some coffee. BUT...she never mentioned making coffee in her official interviews with Haney. (Why would somebody SPREAD out a RN on a spiral staircase anyway? They would have left it on JB's bed...where she was "taken from"...and I don't believe it would have been all spread out..what's the point in that?") I think that if Patsy had of said that she held onto the rails...and stepped ON the note, and then onto the next step..and THEN picked up the note...and ACTUALLY READ it...it would have been more believable.

6. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, I remember when that happened, because one of your neighbors saw you..and told me that they just didn't see how in the world, you crawled through that tiny little window, they said you had to twist yourself all sorts of ways just to climb in. Hope you didn't hurt yourself...and don't worry...I won't judge...but, I bet that you did feel pretty silly after you realized that you did all of that for nothing, because you could have used your garage door opener. Bet you learned a valuable lesson that day.

7. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, it was an "inside job" alright.

8. AMES

AMES Member

Especially if she mixed them with the wine that she drank at the White's Christmas party. (My husband used to do this....he took Klonopin, AND Xanax....it wasn't pretty. I have had to call 911 on more than one occasion. He actually started hitting my oldest daughter, while she was recovering from her scoliosis surgery...she had to have a titanium plate inserted onto her spine, she was 14 at the time, and was wearing a back brace).

9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Exactly. JonBenet's bedroom is the one place in the house you know the parents are going to go. If Patsy had checked JonBenet's bedroom first, she might not have found that ransom note for hours.

Almost forgot. She did check JonBenet's bedroom before going downstairs. At least that's what she told the police on the 26th. If Patsy found JonBenet's room empty at 6am, she would've checked Burke's room immediately. She would have woken Burke up to interrogate him. She didn't do that so I guess she decided it would be prudent to change her story.

10. AMES

AMES Member

Exactly!! If I found a RN, and one of my children was missing....yes, I would immediately go and check on the other ones, and then interrogate them!! Did you see anything? Did you hear anything?? Let's get you out of here, they could be hiding in your closet or under your bed!!! That would be the FIRST thing that I would do.

11. fr brown

fr brown Member

That's true. You wouldn't leave Burke in bed while you ran around the house. You'd want him with you.

But of course they didn't run around the house. Patsy started calling friends on the phone and John looked around "a bit" and then went upstairs to get dressed.

It's John's reaction I find puzzling. I don't think he realized what had transpired at that point. If they were both in on it, they would both be undressed at that hour as part of their alibi. Patsy wouldn't have been wearing the same clothes she wore the night before. She may simply have run out of time. She heard John in the shower and that meant the curtain was going up. Too late to pretend to have been in bed.

So what's going through his mind? He didn't know JonBenet was dead because he was calm and making the occasional joke until he disappeared into the basement between 10 and 11, reappearing agitated and preoccupied.

This is the one part I don't get. What did he think had happened?

12. AMES

AMES Member

Very good question!

13. fr brown

fr brown Member

Schiller says that early on when Ramsey turned over his camera to the cops, he remarked that it might have a picture of the housekeeper on it. Maybe he thought that she and Patsy had cooked something up to get money out of him or something.

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Oh.

I ummm, hmmm, well I'm sure that moment did teach me a lesson, but I don't know for sure because I don't remember.

RR

15. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I always loved that Fernie interview--especially when he slips and says "the supposed kidnappers." Oopsie!

I also love the part where everyone was trying to figure out what the note "meant." Uhhhh are these people retarded or something? The note is quite clear.

Fernie read the note from outside the house. Uh huh. I read it while riding my flying purple unicorn.

Did that last statement put me on Lacey's suspect list? She probably is dumb enough to believe it.:headache:

16. fr brown

fr brown Member

How awful for you and your daughter! I hope he dumped the medications. I think you have to be careful how you do that, though.

17. AMES

AMES Member

lol!!

18. AMES

AMES Member

Yes, he finally dumped all of the meds. Thank goodness...I did have to call 911 on him ANOTHER time for hitting my daughter, while he was on Ambien. I was pregnant and he was throwing things at me, like an Ottoman, or foot stool. She was trying to protect me. I work as a Pharmacy Tech. You cannot take Ambien, and then stay up for hours...it makes you crazy. One guy tried to flush his barking dog down the toilet...while he was on that stuff. Xanax, Klonopin...which is just a milder form of Xanax...and Ambien....are very addictive, and are bad news, when they are not taken as directed...or mixed with alcohol. (Patsy had some glasses of wine at the White's party..what sort of meds did she take beforehand....meds and alcohol do not mix). BTW, my husband didn't even remember it the next day....and the cops and paramedics were at our house!!! They told me to flush the Ambien down the toilet...after telling me the story about the man trying to flush his dog down one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice