"daughter" on top of pg. 2 of ransom note

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Mar 10, 2008.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I do remember reading it, and I believe it was her sister, Aunt P, who said that PR wrote the "practice page" because she was composing an invitation to a party. I think it may have been in a book, though, not online.

2. AMES

AMES Member

I have read it somewhere too...and I also think that it was Pam that said it.

3. heymom

heymom Member

Was it in PMPT?

4. AMES

AMES Member

Now, I don't remember...maybe DeeDee can.
    I did find this, though...

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0701jon.htm

Another poster (Rashie?) had said that the practice note started with Mr. and Mrs. I, that the R was not finished. This article says that it said..."Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey"....the whole last name was written out.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think it was the whole Mr & Mrs Ramsey. It was either in PMPT or ST's book.

6. AMES

AMES Member

Yes, thats what the Rocky Mountain News said..and also Fox News...I just looked it up. I was trying to find out who said that it was the start of an invitation.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I found the part about the invitation on pg. 436 of PMPT (pb version). What was on the practice note is on pg. 33 of Thomas's book (pb version).

-Tea

8. AMES

AMES Member

Tea, so the invitation and the practice note were NOT the same thing? Or were they? I am confused.

9. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The practice note was said to be the beginning of an invitation. (Don't know if this is true or not.)

-Tea

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That's what the R's claimed. Of course, we know it was a practice ransom note.

11. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks, that is what I thought!

There is no way that on one sheet...you have..." Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey"....and the other you have.."Mr. Ramsey". And one is an invitation and the other is a ransom note. It is obvious that Patsy thought after writing that practice note...and said..."Gee, I think that I will leave MY name off of it . I need to make this Ransom note about John...and this intruder's hatred for HIM...not ME, because I am too nice of a person. The police would NEVER believe that anyone hated ME...I am just way too likable. I WAS Miss West Virginia, afterall." I could just imagine her sitting there..and thinking that. It was all about appearances to her...and heaven forbid she do something that makes it look like SHE has an ENEMY...much less a small foreign faction full of them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  12. AMES

AMES Member

OF COURSE!!!

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

The practice note

Steve Thomas' book and PMPT provide contradictory info on this.

In ST's book, it says that the word Ramsey was not written in full:
    Whereas in Schillers book, it says (Schiller quotes Jeff Shapiro):

Jmpo, but I think Steve Thomas is the more reliable source here.
    For Shapiro provides information which was handed down to him via a non-primary source:
    Patsy told Pam Griffin who in turn told Frank Coffman before the info got to Shapiro.
    Possibly the "Mrs I" in the practice note grew legs and ended up as "Mrs. Ramsey".
    Steve Thomas, on the other hand, had seen the original practice note.

But whether Mrs. Ramsey was written out in full or not, if Patsy told Pam Griffin that she meant to write an invitation, this incrimates her of course.
    For when one visualizes the note pad - the first 12 pages were missing, and pages 13 through 16 contained doodles, lists and miscellaneous writing.
    Pages 17 through 25 were missing.
    Page 26 contained the "Mr. and Mrs. I".

And now, oh coincidence of coincidences, the "small foreign faction" just happens to have written the ransom note on exactly those three pages (27, 28, 29) which followed the alleged unfinished 'invitation' letter. Another absurdly unrealistic scenario, but again Patsy got away with it all.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  14. AMES

AMES Member

Rashie, there were several different reports, from The Boulder Daily Camera..and such..that said that the "invitation" began..."Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey..with the whole word written out. I do not know where there sources came from, but...I agree with you....Steve Thomas actually saw it. And really, it makes no difference if it said...Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey, Mr. and Mrs. I, Mr. and Mrs, Mr. and, or just plain Mr....it totally SOOOO incriminates Patsy. IMO...she started that note...and decided that she would leave out the Mrs, because its best to distance herself, and why would an intruder dislike her? She decided that it was JOHN and his company that the intruder didn't like....so HE was the one that the intruder was getting revenge on. Addressing the RN to HER too...made no sense...and she finally realized that, as she was writing out the "INVITATION".

Invitation...MY BUTT!

15. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

What if the "daug hter" is a representation of the blow to the head? Let's begin to take a look at what precedes it in that particular sentence, which happens to be the longest one in the note.

http://www.acandyrose.com/12251996ransompage1.gif

The sentence starts out with "If we monitor you..." Take a look at the "w" in "we". Notice that to its right there is a vertical line going straight down, a horizontal line jutting out to the left, and to the left of that are two rounded bumps, much like the other "w"s in the note. My thought is that Patsy began writing the pronoun I, but then changed it to a "w" for "we". So, it looks like her original train of thought could have been "If I monitor you..." Patsy, imo, lets John know that she's been monitoring him. And what has she been monitoring?

-Tea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice