Delmar's Letter to Keenan

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Okay, so what John Ramsey was doing

was playing it by ear. I wonder how the intruder was supposed to have entered and exited the home, then, what was JR's idea for that if not the basement window. He had been in that basement that morning, of course, and never mentioned it to anyone, certainly not about the window being partially open. It would take more than a basement window, of course, to get a small foreign faction out. Maybe that's why that door was standing open near the stairway? No one claims to have seen that door open, yet in later reports it's reported as having been open. That's another thing that has never been explained. Was there an outside door, I think it was the butler's door, open or wasn't it? Like Ramseys couldn't feel the cold draft from that door? So much just doesn't add up.

But, back to Ramsey. He was letting others lead - he waited for Arndt to say, okay, start searching. He wasn't really questioned in depth for months, and by then Smit had it all figured out. That morning he told FW that he (JR) had broken the basement window himself last summer. He didn't offer any suggestions at that time, that I'm aware of, that, hey, maybe the intruder came in that window, and he sure didn't say anything about it earlier. You are right, I thought I wasn't sinking into any of Smit's traps, but you know, there is nothing at all to prove that Ramsey went in that basement room that morning - just his excuse for being in the basement, in case anyone had seen him and possibly told the cops. This is just another one of Smit's imaginations - the intruder "could have" come through that basement window...

Aye yi yi, how many more of these imaginations have I unconsciously fallen into? I'm going to have to think about this. There was no intruder, that I am sure of. There was only staging. What a stroke of luck that Smit came along and gave the Ramseys the perfect out. They didn't have to explain anything, they just built their stories around his. After all, they were in bed, fast asleep. They knew nothing. Smit filled in all the holes for them and the RST took it and ran with it. It became urban legend in the Ramsey camp, went to court with Lin Wood, and became part of a federal judge's decision.

How could this have been allowed to happen?

2. Elle

Elle Member

About this chair against the train room door

Also, I'm thinking more from an either/or situation. IF the scene was staged, it would seem to me to have made more sense to have the chair in front of the window for the intruder to step onto instead of the suitcase. But, if the scene was not staged, then your scenario makes much more sense.

........................................................................................................
    WY

In "Death of Innocence" John Ramsey never mentions a single word about this chair being against the train room door. On page 21-22, he is asked by Linda Arndt to take someone with him and go through the entire house and look for anything unusual and out of place.

I feel the most common statement people normally use when searching a house, is ..."We searched the house from from top- to-bottom," but Ramsey states they will need some kind of system, and a "bottom-to- top" search will do. This is where John states: Fleet doesn't mention to me that he had been down to the basement earlier that morning.

How come John Ramsey didn't mention the chair against the door ... that he had to remove it to enter this train room? Wouldn't you say this was something unusual he had found? Of course, all hell broke loose when JonBenét's body was found. I wonder if Fleet White ever confirmed this chair business (?).

John states. "We head downstairs and I take Fleet over to the broken window pane and explain my breaking in there last summer. Cover yourself here, John! I tell him that I found this window was open earlier. We look for small splinters and find some small ones.

So here we have Fleet White who was down there shortly after he arrived at 6:00 am. …and the chair against one of the basement doors isn’t reported to the police. John Ramsey is down in the basement at 10:00am. …and he doesn't report it to Linda Arndt either. (?). A couple of bright sparks!!! HELLO! We’re looking for clues here!

Both John and Fleet are back down in the basement again after 1:00 pm. Still no mention of this chair up against the door in Ramsey’s book "Death of Innocence." Just like his replies in the police interviews … he probably "didn’t recall it" when he wrote it!

3. Elle

Elle Member

I think you're right about this Dr. Beuf, Thor. The Ramseys were well padded with the right people, weren't they? Now, we have this new investigator, Tom Bennett entering the scene. It should be interesting to see how long it takes him to work his way through all the evidence (?). Old Loose Mitts must be feeling pretty bad ... now that his signature won't be on the last page.

4. Watching You

Elle

Where did the story about the chair being in front of that door first originate, does anyone know? It is odd the things that were left out of the Ramseys' book and the things that made it in.

Take, for instance, the scene in Atlanta between FW and JR at the time of the funeral. That has been told in two different ways - first we heard that FW was upset that the Ramseys were going on CNN. I was totally flabbergasted when I read the way John Ramsey spun that scene in DOI. He turned it all around on FW, saying Fleet was the one urging him to go on CNN.

If that's the case, why was Fleet so pist? Apparently we were to believe that Fleet was irate because he was trying to get the Ramseys to go on TV. In the first place that is crazy. In the second place, why would Fleet be so angry as to leave Atlanta and never speak to the Ramseys again? If one believes John Ramsey, then Fleet got his way. The Rams went on CNN. Fleet should have been very happy they did what he insisted they do. Do you get what I'm saying? Why was Fleet so angry if the Rams were doing what he wanted them to do? It makes no sense. It didn't happen that way.

Fleet was angry because the Rams were making spectacles of themselves by going on TV. He questioned why they were not cooperating with the police but they would go on TV to talk to the world. I mean, picture it, there was even talk of a gun being hidden in the cushions of the sofa in Patsy's parents' house - they were so afraid of Fleet because he was ranting and raving that they needed to go on CNN. Hello? Can any sensible person not see through this fraud of a story?

The bottom line is, if the Ramseys can lie about something as obvious as the Atlanta story, then we can't believe one damn word the Ramseys have said. First they claimed they got home from the Whites at around 9:00, I think. The next thing I hear, they've upped that time to around 10:00. There is only one reason people change their stories and make up stories and it isn't because of grief. Times don't change because of grief. Facts don't change because of grief.

Here's another weird one: "We look for small splinters and find some small ones.." Small splinters of glass, I assume - splinters of glass means just that - splinters, though, how small is "small?" Splinters are what I consider to be left on the floor after I have picked up the big pieces of a glass I have dropped - one can moisten a paper towel and clean up the splinters with it. I realize, though, there can be larger "splinters." Splinters are pesky little nuisances - they are like needles if you stick yourself with one. Yet, those splinters morphed into "pieces of glass" that were found on the suitcase - I have read that in posts written by posters who are hard-core RST or anti FW.

So, I guess we are to believe that an intruder splintered off more of that baseball-sized hole in the glass when he stuck his hand through the hole? Lucky guy he didn't get cut or scratched, leaving his DNA all over that window. That's not the way glass splinters, BTW. If anything, the glass would have cracked from pressure of an arm going through that tiny hole, not splintered.

There are a ton of descrepancies in this case that haven't been explained because there is no explanation, except there was no intruder. 2+2 still equals 4 as far as I know.

One last thought. I wonder if anyone attempted to put his hand and arm through the hole in that window to see if it could actually be done without breaking the glass further or cutting oneself. I don't know if only a hand had to go through or a whole arm.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Re: Elle

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Re: Elle

It's not really that odd…the book was written to confront all of the issues, at the time, that were left as "unanswered", and to further address all of the internet questions (now tell me Stine wasn't in on the urging of this…), and to spin all of the theories in the air….and it just came out a little too soon to include the fact that Burke was really awake…or that would have been in there too.

I tend to really agree with Delmar here and that being the train room was not staged…his description of the no staging answered a lot of questions I have had, and makes good sense, cause remember John had to say at a later time there were something like 7 doors and windows not secured, not just the Butler's door. Was that number right? And I agree that "if" they had staged that room, the chair would have been under the window.

I don't know that anyone would have had to put their hand or arm through the window to get it open, if it wasn't closed in the first place…just push on the frame (but where are the fingerprints?), and John had said it wasn't unusual for the window to be open a little to let cooler air in cause the basement was so hot in the Winter. So the fact that he tried to tie the window to that night was pure spin right from the beginning because as Delmar says, they didn't stage that area. Who was it that arrived first at the house the morning of the 26th and said they walked to the back of the house and read part of the note through the window or door? Was it Fernie? Then he ran around to the front door to be let into the house. If the door had been open back there, why didn't he just go in the open door? Why did he go all the way around the house again to be let in? Cause the door wasn't open! When LE was looking around, or when John went to check and see if JBR was in the big freezer or refrigerator, he probably left the door open, and then just shut his mouth about it instead of shutting the door, and hence, another opportunity for a point-of-entry for the mysterious intruder! Smit didn't even try his escapade of slithering in the window until the original had been replaced…much less anyone actually trying to see if they could open it through the broken glass…John would have been the only person who had to worry about that, cause from his ramblings it seems the window actually was closed and locked when he had to break it to get in the house in his undies. (Oops…sorry for the visual folks).

7. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Okay, so what John Ramsey was doing

He had told detectives on the 26th that he left all the doors locked and there weren't any "keys left under a rock in the yard or anything like that." That had committed him to the basement window as the intruder's only ingress and egress from the house. It appears that he might have worried that there may be his prints or DNA on the broken basement window (which would indicate staging), and so that is supplemented with the story of his having broken it to get into the house a few weeks prior. The problem here is, LHP has no memory of the window being broken or of the Ramseys having asked her husband to get it fixed. Now, would any normal family go weeks and weeks in the winter time to leave a broken window unrepaired? Never mind the security problem this poses, it's a heating and cooling issue: why inflate the gas bill unnecessarily? Granted, they are rich, but the rich don't stay rich if they mindlessly waste their money all the time.

It DOES seem like the basement window story wasn't quite fully thought-through though, by JR, because detectives noted the unbroken spider web, no footprints in the snow outside, and dust on the sill of the window which had not been disturbed in a way consistent with someone having crawled through that space. (In reenactments later, with detectives crawling through there to see what it would look like after such a feat, they got gravel all over the place--friction from the crawling action having dragged it with them into the basement. The suitcase, which was under the window, had only a few glass fragments and no gravel--indicating that either glass was manually placed there, or it was there when the window was broken, but it was not there when any grown man may have allegedly crawled through that space.)

It certainly could not have gotten recent heart bypass surgery patients out, not even with a suitcase to act as a step. If there was egress, for that ardently-pointed-to-by-the-Ramseys suspect, it would have to have been out a regular house door, but the "catch" there is (bad pun, I know), that they were locked from the INSIDE. So here again our Pineapple Ninja has telekinetic powers, as with the chair in front of the train room.

Without the familiarity of McSanta, the pineapple excludes an intruder. WITH the familiarity of McSanta, there is no possible egress out of the house. Game, set, match, and even the obviously incompetent Alex Hunter could have made that stick, even against the Ramseys' Weapons of Mass Obstruction, if he only would have tried. This, to me, speaks rather clearly to either thorough moral weakness on Hunter's part, or incompetence, or corruption, or a combination of all three.

Perps tend not to like to find their own bodies, but when told to do so by police, they comply. In the initial search Ramsey tried to let Fleet be the one to discover the body, but that got jammed up by the way the light is positioned relative to the doorway of the dark room. Also, Fleet might have had the same mental block Rick French did, that without possible egress from a room latched from the outside, that room would be unlikely to reveal clues about what was still considered a "kidnapping". He probably wouldn't be as focused on the contents of the room, as John Ramsey was (AND HENCE, the screams of "oh my god" before Fleet even turns on the light). The delicate dance-macabre by Ramsey has a few near-misses, but overall it holds, somewhat, together. At least enough to fool Lou Smit.

And thus, subject to the same "bugaboos". AND HENCE, quite justly the focus of tabloid attention for the UFO-like unbelievability of their concocted story. Live by the X-files, (let your reputation) croak by the X-files...

8. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

WY:

"What a stroke of luck that Smit came along and gave the Ramseys
    the perfect out. They didn't have to explain anything, they just
    built their stories around his.....Smit filled in all the holes
    for them and the RST took it and ran with it. It became urban
    legend in the Ramsey camp, went to court with Lin Wood, and
    became part of a federal judge's decision."

How could this have been allowed to happen?"

Haven't you pretty much answered the question? Obviously, the
    pivotal person is, as you point out, Lou Smit, aka, Chief
    RunAmok. Off the reservation (of sanity) and without reservation,
    Chief RunAmok went here and there weaving fantasies of an
    "intruder" and in the role of pied piper led the unsuspecting
    down the primrose path.

There was no shortage of persons willing to assist the Chief in
    his global and protracted production. Not only did those in
    authority remain silent and inactive, the media came upon a
    seemingly inexhaustible manna of public grist guaranteed to boost
    sales and increase ratings. All they had to do was whistle and
    the RST came running. It was a golden goose whose life span they
    hoped would be infinite.

Most of this media appeared to have no concern with whether they
    were helping to dispense truth or aiding and abetting the
    propagation and promotion of horrendous fallacy. All that counted
    was the bottom line to appease and please stockholders.

The "we didn't know" excuse will not hold water. They could have
    known with just a bit of investigation and a few elementary
    questions. At this juncture, many in the media have been informed
    of the travesty in which they participated. Still, they seem to
    feel no obligation to help right the wrong in which they
    voluntarily participated.

The road becomes a bit more bumpy than the verbal interstate by
    which the fallacy traveled. Now, there will be no more RST
    arriving by the whistle when truth is the objective. There will
    be no cooperation from those who were voluntarily part of the
    sham that has cost taxpayer millions accomplishing nothing except
    to keep focus away from the truth of Ramsey guilt.

To be sure, there is a story worthy of headlines around the
    world, but this takes effort and honesty. Dollars is not the
    issue. There seems to be a deficiency in the coin of integrity.
    In the whole lot, there is not enough to pay the price.

I cannot compel the authorities or the media to take action as
    the evidence dictates. No, I cannot compel, but I can tell. I can
    tell them they are not fooling anyone but selves and other fools.

Delmar

9. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

*STANDING OVATION*

Hear hear!!!

Delmar for President?

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

sort of a stroke of luck

"What a stroke of luck that Smit came along and gave the Ramseys
    the perfect out. They didn't have to explain anything, they just
    built their stories around his.....Smit filled in all the holes
    for them and the RST took it and ran with it. It became urban
    legend in the Ramsey camp, went to court with Lin Wood, and
    became part of a federal judge's decision."

On page 180 of DOI it states John and Patsy "learned" that Smit was driving by the hellhole and praying in front of it every morning. They then met him there to "thank him" for his dedication for finding the killer.

I wonder how the Ramsey's knew what Smitty was doing and then clearly, they set him up and used him. These people are completely in charge, they run the show all the way down the line. The memory lapses are such crap, in their stupid book they can recall each breath they take...

Do you think Smit knows he was snookered by the little Southern Belle with a hint of Jesus thrown in?

11. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: sort of a stroke of luck

His ego would never let him arrive at that conclusion.

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

Well, you can kiss this case goodbye forever now. I heard John Douglas was invited back to the case by Keenan. Let's see, who else is missing from the unbiased, let's get new eyes, case? Maybe they can put a Sherlock Holmes cap on John & give Patsy a Sherlock Holmes pipe & magnifiying glass next? Yeah, that'll bring that big bad intruder to justice.

13. Vic

Vic Active Member

Thor

Holy crap, no kidding? Not Douglas.... It is the kiss of death.

How're you feeling?

14. EasyWriter

Thor:

" I heard John Douglas was invited back to the case by Keenan."

Where did you hear this? Has it been confirmed?

If it is confirmed, please let me know. There will be another letter to Keenan and Douglas with serious questions about Mr. Douglas' theory and basis for his theory.

Unless and until this is confirmed, I won't bother with it.

Delmar

15. EasyWriter

THE SHOW GOES ON

I did not intend to say anything about John Douglas unless and
    until it was confirmed that he had been brought in on the
    investigation. However, some names just naturally raise my ire a
    bit, so upon reconsideration, I thought I would get a head start
    just in case.

"Douglas was hired by the Ramseys in January 1997 to compile a
    profile of JonBenet's killer;

Naturally, he has to "earn" his keep.

"I know who didn't do it: the parents," Douglas told Salon.

And just how does Mr. Douglas know this?

John Douglas: " I do believe that the person obviously knew the
    Ramseys, was a younger offender (the ransom note, where the
    author of the communique pulled in information from various
    movies like "Ransom" and "Speed"),....

We have learned something today. No only are there movies you
    can't see if you're too young, apparently, there are movies you
    can't see if you're too old.

Aside from this, the expression "grow a brain" and the like is
    hardly new and confined to some current movies. I heard some
    children taunting other children to "grow a brain" when I was a
    child, which was a very long time ago.

"..... the ransom note had to have been written beforehand (no
    matter who you think is responsible for the child's death, the
    person wouldn't have had the presence of mind to pull in
    information from past memory from those movies).

Pure speculative BS. "presence of mind?" John List sat down and
    ate a sandwich within a few feet of where he had just killed his
    mother. When asked why, he replied, "Because I was hungry." Do
    you think Mr. Douglas would have comprehended this "presence of
    mind?"

"The sum of money, $118,000, is so unique, because that was
    nearly the exact amount of bonus money that John Ramsey received
    that year. Very few people would have known that. Patsy Ramsey
    herself didn't know that figure.

Just how did JD know that PR didn't know? Because she said so. Of
    course, he took her "word as a Christian."

Is there any truth to the rumor that Smit and Douglas are twins;
    not only twins, but twins joined at the neck without a backbone
    to share?

This is the only circus I have seen that consists only of clowns
    and one tightrope act.

Delmar

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

The Ramseys are running their own investigation. Disgusting.

17. Thor

Thor Active Member

Vic, I'm feeling just great! No problems at all.

Delmar, it is being reported at hir's forum that he was on the Today Show this a.m., promoting some new book and he said it there. I didn't hear it, however.

18. Watching You

Candy at CS

has posted a short transcript of the TODAY show this morning where John Douglas was interviewed by Ann Curry.

Candy says a friend of hers taped the show. I didn't want to steal Candy's post, so I'm just going to give a brief overview of what was said, except for John Douglas' part. All credit to Candy for getting this.

Ann Curry says she understood that Douglas has signed back on to the Ramsey case and asked him what he was doing.

John Douglas: Well, well, I was quite surprised, because I was criticized by most of America when I went out on the case and asked by the, the Ramsey attorneys. And I did an assessment, appeared on your show in January 1997, I did not believe the Ramseys were responsible. Mary Keenan is the new district attorney and she's invited me now to assist in the investigation.

Ann Curry asks Doulgas if there is conflict for him working for the other side.

John Douglas: No. I never got paid, never got paid. I, I do all my work pro bono for victims of violent crime. And, and so I was invited to go out there, and I'm doing assessments along with Detective Lou Smit and others. Because it, it, the intruder theory was just totally ignored by the police and by the, the FBI. The case has been taken away from the Boulder Police, it's being worked out of Mary Keenan's office.

That about does it, just small talk, blah blah.

Mary Keenan is a freaking sneak. Now she has as many RST working on the case as she has her own detectives. Why Douglas? Why not Kessler, Mary Keenan? Why not any FBI profiler, except the one who has already said publicly the Ramseys didn't do it. What a stinking farce.

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thank you WY, I just saw that myself. There you go, Delmar, more fuel to the fire in this sideshow. Just when you think you've heard it all.

That's right, BobC, the Rams have basically been running this show from the beginning, in my opinion. Once they were allowed the time to grieve. When they weren't separated right away & questioned. When they didn't sit down to formal interviews with police until 4 friggin months after the death of their daughter, even tho they slept right thru it & didn't know a thing. With this vicious foreign faction still out there, waiting to pounce on any of the other Ramsey kids, or Lizard Tongue & Wife. Yeah right. As I've said before, the antichrist is alive & well.

20. Thor

Thor Active Member

Remember that 2 hour special MSNBC used to run all the time with Dan Abrams? I think it was Forrest Sawyer that introduced it? It gave a step by step chronology of the Ramsey case and has John Douglas being interviewed (along with McCrary, who, IMO, has much more sense). I remember Douglas saying he didn't see staging in this crime. I was stunned. That is one of the main things that stands out in this crime!

And what the fluck do they need a profiler for? Hell, just read Lizard Tongue's description in the ***. You know, the pedophile/kidnapper who may have turned to religion, etc.?

Page 361, ***, Lizard Ramsey writes:

This creature may look perfectly normal on the outside, but on the inside his brain is boiling and in constant turmoil.

He goes on to describe this creature as a man, a psychopath, between the ages of 25 & 35. Damn John, you're good. He's an ex-con, and knew not to bring much with him into the house (lmao). He wore gloves (maybe the velvet sex gloves). Knew how to tie complex knots. Access to a stun gun. On & on it goes. Keenan, I hope you're not paying Johnny too much, cause all you need to do is read this laughable book that your buds wrote & you'll find your killa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice