Did jameson lie about CODIS

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: It seems to me

They spun the whole "white male" assessment, and they spun the notion that JR was eliminated. As you say, race does not make itself known in DNA (which is counter to popular notion about it, but so far, with current technology, it's the truth); and if the DNA was mixed (which either CBI or Cellmark or both said it was, according to Perfect Murder, Perfect Town), very few people could really be eliminated by it because any of the markers could be from any of the donors.

Smit just plain lies. It's one thing to be biased, but to LIE in order to further the agenda, that ceases to fit even the broadest possible definition of "professional".

2. Ginja

Ginja Member

Comingled

Where did the term "comingle" come from? The AR? PMPT? I remember reading that the sample was comingled.

Where am I headed with this?

Someone's dna is in the panties, say. Then JBR bleeds onto it. Then the lab takes that piece of the panties and puts it through the spinner or whatever to pull the dna out. In that sense, there's 2 or 3 different people's dna "mixed" into the batch.

But if it's comingled...at least this is how I've looked at it...then it got "mixed" before being deposited in the undies. See what I mean? IOW, suppose while inserting the stick into her, the perp also deposited his/her dna into the vaginal cavity. The stick causes bleeding, and the bleeding leaves the vaginal cavity and picks up the unidentified dna and that "mixture" is deposited onto the panties as a "comingled" dna sample.

Is there a difference between "mixed" and "comingled" (as I've just described)?

And also, where have I seen the term "comingled"?

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

The blood cells could be comingled with artifact NA, but I'm pretty sure DNA strands remain seperate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice