Does everybody know about this but me?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Apr 3, 2008.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I actually own a copy of this book, and I like it just fine.

Molested, yes, but not so sure about John doing it. Don't ask me why.

2. AMES

AMES Member

I agree with you, Punisher....I believe that she was being molested, but not by John...and I have no idea why, either. Just a gut instinct or something, which is weird, because he is just down right snakey looking.

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

maybe

maybe the scream WAS heard upstairs in the bedroom and that is when John got involved in the cover-up.

4. AMES

AMES Member

IMO...this is exactly what happened...I believe the scream belonged to Patsy though, and not JB.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Maybe that's why PR "heard him screaming as he comes up from the basement"?

6. Karen

Karen Member

DeeDee did you recieve your book yet? I'm still thinking about ordering it. Let me know. :)

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

8. Elle

Elle Member

Hi Cherokee,

I did post this information on this thread - Post #9 :)

One thing I was more than pleased with, when it came to this book, was the mention of your analysis by Sam Dennis McDonough on Copyright Page 2

9. Karen

Karen Member

OMGosh I didn't know there was a thread about this book! How did I miss it? Thanks Cherokee and Elle_1! :) :)

10. Elle

Elle Member

It's so easy to miss articles on this board because there are so many interesting articles, Karen, and we all get lost in them. :)

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You're welcome, Karen.

And "hi there" Elle! :hiya: Glad you made it back safe and sound.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I just received this book and started it last night. I'm not seeing anything yet that we don't know, but I'll wait to finish it.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Cherokee, it was a lovely break away from the cold cold snow. :hiya:

14. Elle

Elle Member

You'll probably finish it in a flash Dee Dee :) This is exactly the way I felt when I was reading it.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Speaking of a book we MUST read, jams and the swampsters are WRITHING in agony over the publication of this book, featuring...wait for it...THE RAMPIKES, WHO HAVE A MURDERED DAUGHTER...oh, let the synopsis say it:

From Publishers Weekly:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6547681.html?industryid=47159

Here's a sample from Oates' webpage. Remember this is written from the "brother's" POV:

http://jco.usfca.edu/works/novels/sister.html

I'll be in ordering one very soon, so I can get it day one.

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I wonder what Lin Wood will say? Hopefully, all liability issues have already been resolved.

Should be a good read

P.S. Whatever happened with the Phillips' book? Still in Japanese only? Have we heard anything at all?

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oates' book is a work of fiction. Wood can hardly sue with any realistic expectation of winning in a trial. Not that HE would care, of course, except for...you know...$$$$$$$. It costs money to sue. Wood and Ramsey know this better than we. If the publisher wanted to "settle" to defray the expense of defending the book, a plan would already be in place because they couldn't POSSIBLY not know about Lin Wood and the Ramseys on this one. And Wood NEVER goes to trial, so I'm sure the publisher has already thought of a "figure" if necessary, or decided they'll fight it. They already have lawyers on retainer, after all, who do this ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

I haven't heard anything about the Doc and Judith's book since it came out in Japan. It irks me to NO END thinking the Japanese know ALLLLLLLLLL about it, but here we sit.... As RTE66's death painfully illustrates, we're not getting any younger. Tic toc tic toc.

18. Elle

Elle Member

So it's a story based on a true murder, KK, written by the brother of the victim? Jammy sue can't really do anything about this, can she, when the book is actually based on a true story?

I thought Lin Wood had moved on to bigger fish. :)

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Actually, Lin Wood was on Fox TV last night with Greta Van Sustern. She was interviewing Howard K. Stern (Anna Nicole Smith's lover/lawyer/would-be father of her baby.) Lin Wood looked just as smarmy as ever, with his 70's Larry Hagman -on-Dallas-hairstyle. Not so much $$$ to be gotten from the Rs now, so he had to find bigger fish to fry. He's a good pair with Stern.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I finished "120 Clues". Enjoyable and quick read. But there isn't anything new for us there. It's a PDI theory. Actually, though I am a RDI, when I lean towards PDI, this book says exactly what I've always thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice