Events On The Night of December 25, 1996

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Catfish, Sep 2, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Thanks for being so observant Catfish,

I agree that her stories about the plastic garbage sacks are less than believable now that I see the variety of stories told about one simple task- Patsy went from not mentioning ANYTHING about packing that morning in April 97, into the variety of stories, at one time she had two plastic bags, and finally in DOI she uses the excuse that she packed 'some of the laundry' in a plastic bag because "John likes us to pack in soft sided bags because it makes loading the plane easier."; Obviously, whatever was in a plastic garbage bag that morning, it was something that the Ramsey's have felt the need to continually explain; with the exception of their first interview.

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Here is a little bit of information to try and incorporate into Patsy's above claim. Back in 2001, when Jameson's forum was open to public contribution, a poster named B wrote of Laura Stebe, the Charlevoix housekeeper. B wrote this:

The BPD called her and asked her if the Ramsey's had any winter clothes in Michigan? She found the question odd. Any takes on why they would ask that?"

My reply at the time was:

There are obvious reasons to ask. If they did not have more than a few scattered pieces of winter clothing in the Charlevoix house, then the family should have been packing enough winter clothing to suit the needs of four people for a few days in the cold of December in Michigan. If the BPD found that only a few items of winter clothing for the trip had been packed in the Boulder house, then the question must be asked as to why the Ramseys knew they would have little clothing at their destination, and were taking little clothing with them. It could have been a sign that more winter clothing had been packed, but that one suitcase (which may have been intended for use on the trip) was dumped out subsequently and the clothing put away, while the case itself was needed to stage signs of an intruder.

The interesting response from B was thus:

thankyou for your answer, they had some clothes here, sweatshirts, summer clothes, light jackets, but not alot of heavy winter stuff,but she could go (sic) it when she got here.

If, as B said, the Charlevoix house only had light clothing in it, then the freezing cold temperatures of Charlevoix, Michigan in December were not suited for the "summer clothes" and "light jackets" already in the house, and Patsy is not telling the truth when she said "we've already got clothes and most necessary items at the house in Charlevoix." The question begs to be asked of why Patsy was not packing snow boots, thick coats, hefty sweaters and pants and warm hats, gloves and scarves for four people in the garbage bags. As we can also infer from B, the Boulder police were asking themselves the same question.

3. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

...Wait a minute...miss Social Climber was packing her things in a set of matched HEFTY brand luggage? Even the BEER CAN COLLECTORS can do better han that!

Just wait'll the girls down at the DAR hear about THIS one... :banme:

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And the Junior League too!

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Great replies everyone! Thank you for your patience as I review information I'm sure has been discussed many times these past 7+ years! As I say, I'm a newbie to this case and it won't let go of me.

Now I would like to take another look at conflicting testimony concerning when Patsy packed clothing for the trip to Michigan.

We see from the tape transcripts, Patsy testified in June 1998 that she packed on the morning of Dec 26.

But in the April 1997 interview, there is no mention of packing that morning.

Could that be because she has already told detectives in that first interview she packed Christmas night?

In her first interview, Detective Tom Trujillo asks Patsy what she did after the family arrived home from the White's party -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patsy Ramsey: ...after I got her ready for bed I just kind of ran about doing my last minute things and ...

Tom Trujillo: Okay. What kind of last minute things did you have to take care of?

Patsy Ramsey: Well, just you know, presents. I mean, I put some presents by the back door and I don't remember exactly, just things to go to the lake or, so were doing a couple of, you know, getting things ready cause we were leaving so early in the morning... getting things kind of laid out ready to go and that kind of thing.

(From the taped interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey National Enquirer book, "JonBenet, The Police Files" Page 48)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Patsy doesn't come out and say she was packing clothes Christmas night in the April 1997 interview, she is implying that she did pack clothes Christmas night.

In the June 1998 interview and in DOI, Patsy feels it is important for the police and readers to understand that she packed clothes on the morning of Dec 26th, not the night before.

Why is something so simple so confusing to Patsy? My theory is that while Patsy was packing clothes Christmas night, Patsy's packing was interrupted when she struck JonBenet. With the benefit of seeing police reports, etc., Patsy realized that several clues were recorded that pointed to what really happened that night - package of pullups half off the shelf, paring knife left on the counter top. Since Patsy couldn't alter these facts, the best she could do was to try and shift attention away from them and testify that she packed the morning of Dec. 26th.

-Catfish

6. cherub

cherub Member

mother washed her down due to being soiled by bed accident!not sexual fluids?!

I never thought of the perfect reason she was washed off so completely . That she soiled herself and mother was enraged! and mom had plenty of time to launder the bedding ? I think she did . any thoughts?

7. cherub

cherub Member

haaaaahaaaaa the perfect luggage for such a mistress of the house

:reporter: :putemup: i wonder the killer did not stop to steal such finery as the luggage :balloons:

8. Elle

Elle Member

Off the top of my head, the Ramseys were only staying in Charlevoix for one night, because they were then heading for the Big Red Boat Trip in Florida for Patsy's 40th birthday. Don't have much time to check this out right now, but this does come to mind.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Patsy did have time to wash the sheets and put them back on JonBenét's bed, Cherub, if she was up the whole night as many of us believe.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Hi Elle,

You are correct. The Ramseys were planing to fly to Michigan on December 26th and return to Boulder the next day. On pages 292 & 293 in the National Enquirer book: JonBenet - The Police Files (pb) we read -

Patsy bought a new box of pullups to take on these trips. We read Patsy's testimony on page 210 in the National Enquirer book: JonBenet - The Police Files (pb)

Patsy does not say that she planned on taking pullups with her to Michigan, but it seems reasonable that she would take at least one pair, for the same reason she wanted them for the cruise.

My theory has her interrupted just as she was sliding the new package from the cabinet shelf in the laundry area.

-Catfish

11. spcealy

spcealy Member

I think Watching you brought up a good point without even knowing it: If the death of JB was truley accidental-according to any theory-why the BS?
    It may seem far-fetched listening to some of these extravagent theories, but shy of complete ill-concieved acts (not consistant with the 'highly intelligent' UNSUB) one is sorely needed to cover the ground.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for the confirmation, Catfish. It really wasn't necessary for Patsy to pack a lot of winter clothes for just one night in Charlevoix.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Hi Watching You,

Years ago I knew a young woman who was very obese and was known to drink heavily at times. One night she put her new born daughter in bed with her and went to sleep with the baby. When she awoke the next morning, the little girl was dead.

It was ruled that the child died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Even though the medical profession ruled SIDS was the cause of death, people speculated that she was drunk, rolled over on the baby and smothered her because of her weight. People began to call her 'baby killer' behind her back. I know what people were saying got back to her because she told me and it hurt her deeply.

If the young woman would have simply said the baby was in the crib instead of being in her bed, there probably would not have been the viscious gossip. But she didn't try to cover up the truth and paid dearly for it emotionally and socially for years. I know how she suffered because the little girl that died was my granddaughter.

Since Patsy believed JonBenet was dead, she probably figured she would be known as a 'baby killer' for the rest of her life. The one thing Patsy couldn't have known was that because of JonBenet's pagent tapes and the obvious staging that didn't fool anyone, her tragedy would be played out on the world's stage for all these years.

-Catfish

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  14. SSIEGMUND

SSIEGMUND Member

Why would anyone fly to Michigan from Boulder for one night, then fly back to Boulder, then fly to Orlando the next day? Even if money is no object. Why fly John Andrew and Melinda all the way up there for one night when they are already a stone's throw from Orlando? I know this probably has nothing to do with JonBenet's death but it just doesn't make sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice