EXPERTS ASK: WHY WERE PARENTS CLEARED OF HER MURDER? - New Globe article (7/28/08)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Tez

Tez Member

Oh, Pete Hofstrom is a fine piece of work. "You can't ransom the body!" Yep, he allowed a murder suspect to give a handwriting sample at his dining room table. Talk about taking one for the team!

2. Elle

Elle Member

I remember that Tez. Saw that part in the movie PMPT.

3. heymom

heymom Member

Before JonBenet's body is exhumed, all testing needs to be exhausted on the cord that was on her neck, the paintbrush handle, the duct tape that was covering her mouth, and all artifacts recovered from her bathroom, the hallway, the basement, etc. Test the ransom novel, the pen, the pad, the flashlight!

I would think exhuming her body after 12 years would be the last resort, after testing the physical evidence gathered at the scene of the crime.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Whoever has the article can paraphrase it without breaking copyright laws.

Soft tissue on JB would probably be gone, now, even though sometimes corpses are very well preserved and retain soft tissue for a long time. I don't think this would be the case with JB's body, but the only way to find out is to exhume her body. I would like to see Michael Baden do an autopsy on her exhumed body. He could do a lot with the head injury, and it's possible there were other injuries to her bony structure that were missed in the first autopsy.

An exhumation would be useful only if it were done WITHOUT Boulder's interference. In order for that to happen, the governor of Colorado would have to step in and have the state attorney's office take the case over. I doubt very much that is ever going to happen, which really is a shame, because I think there are very good reasons to have another autopsy done. For Mary Lacy to order an exhumation would just be another cover up.

5. sboyd

sboyd Member

Really? I am going to sound like Christapha on the Sopranos. So what is the point of embalming then - I thought they lasted forevea with that stuff.

6. heymom

heymom Member

Embalming only helps to preserve the body until we can get it buried...long enough to hold a visitation and/or open casket funeral. Decay starts happening right after death and continues at its own pace, only slightly slowed by removal of the internal organs and the embalming process. Bodies still rot once they are underground, even with the best and most expensive casket in the best and thickest concrete vault. It just takes a little longer.

Juliane

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What I've read about various exhumations and the differing conditions of the bodies after long term interment is that it depends on various circumstances: the condition at TOD--was the body emaciated or in bad shape from a long term disease; the condition at the time of embalming--had it been left in the elements, was it embalmed a short time after death; as well as the conditions of the entombment/grave--was water or moisture able to get into the vault/coffin, etc.

Just FYI, I've only read about this stuff. I have no idea myself.... :stupid1:

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Nobody is going to dig JBR up. Everybody in power has wanted this case to go away from the beginning.

9. koldkase

I totally agree, BobC.

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I didn't want to believe it five years ago but it is obviously true. Every action by Lacy from Karr to this shows she wanted anybody but the Ramseys to have done it.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Nope. Not forever. Embalming just about gets you through a 3-day wake and funeral before the body begins to discolor and expand. It is actually one of the criteria that the Catholic Church uses when determining sainthood- if the body hasn't decomposed after many years that is a big push for sainthood. That and 3 miracles (but sometimes they waive the third miracle, especially when the family of the potential saint makes a big donation.
    The ancient Egyptians had the right idea- removal of the internal organs does help to delay decay for quite a while. The mummies basically were...leather.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Anyone interested in the topic at hand should read the book Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. It's not for the squeamish, but it IS fascinating and a good read.

13. koldkase

Thanks, Chero. Only we die hards would be interested in such a book....

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I read that book a few years ago. Yes, it is fascinating. There were many chapters that didn't deal with crimes, though. There was a really good chapter about how they determine automobile and airplane safety. After all when you think about it, all the new CSI-type shows that are so popular today owe it all to cadaver research. How do we KNOW how long it takes for a body to go through the stages of rigor mortis? Someone has to observe it- under many circumstances and in every conceivable way. This book is a good read, not to mention a good conversation starter if you are reading it in public.

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I Want that book. It is next on my list.

Thanks to the Globe for printing a majority of the FFJ press release.

Say what you want about the Globe but you have to give this magazine credit.

They interviewed the experts, quoted FFJ, and told the truth. My hats off to them for their great work.

Did you notice that not one other weekly magazine has touched this story? So, there is only one weekly that had the courage to write about it and they wrote THE TRUTH. This is very refreshing.

16. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

You gave them the truth. You should be commended and WE are so Proud of you. :star:

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

We sure are!

18. Cherokee

Well, it's a very grave matter ...

19. koldkase

Oh my. That's "grave" humor, right?

I got the Globe today. The article was surprisingly right on target. They quoted Wendy Murphy and Dr. Perper, particularly regarding the "chronic vaginal injuries" issue. It's about time this issue got discussed, because it is A HUGE CLUE about who murdered JonBenet, and god knows Team Ramsey doesn't want it even mentioned.

Tricia, the side bar which quotes you is AWESOME! :clap: Again you have balanced the one-sided media propaganda put out by the RST--whose biggest spinner is now none other than THE ABOMINABLE MARY LAZY!!

20. Cherokee

Well, you started it by mentioning us die hards.

But that's okay, we'll bury the subject for now. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice