First Boulder Reunion Memories & Evidence Against the Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Feb 27, 2008.

1. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, he looked like an idiot, didn't he? Bending this way and that...like Gumby...trying to fit through that window.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Uh oh, I called him a "deluted" old fart. Is there such a word? I meant "deluded".

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

The whole grate thing was a big frikkin red herring--if you actually go to that house, you will see that the ceilings were/are really low. There is a little 2nd floor patio-like thingee outside JBR's bedroom window, and it would have been child's play to climb up there and get in if I'd wanted to. So once I realized that, I started wondering why Smit kept harping on that grate as the obvious entrance for this crime. There were far easier ways to get in.

Then it hit me--early on the Scamsies decided to use that grate window as the designated intruder entrance, due to the fact that it was already broken. Once they had that fake theory in place, they were married to it.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, BobC, and how about Smit's "JonBenet in the suitcase in the basement" story? An intruder hangs out in the home for hours, practicing his ransom note, roaming around the house looking for bank records, watching out JAR's window, hiding under JAR's bed...and then after feeding her pineapple and stun gunning JB without duct tape on her mouth, he takes the screaming child to the basement, puts her kicking and screaming into a suitcase and tries to shove it out the window...OOOPS! He FORGOT to check and see if they'd fit through the window into the well, with enough room left over for him! Oh, well, lots of time, so he takes her BACK OUT of the suitcase, proceeds to molest, bludgeon, and strangle her, redress her, stage her body in the cellar room with duct tape NOW, and puts the suitcase BACK under the window to climb out, leaving no fibers or evidence FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Oh, did I mention this INTRUDER who PUT JB IN THE SUITCASE also was so tidy HE PUT THE DUVET AND CHILD'S BOOK BACK IN THE SUITCASE AFTER HE TOOK HER BACK OUT OF IT? Uh huh. I'm NOT making this up!!

I loved also JR's story about how he and Fleet were looking under the "broken window" for glass right before John "found" JonBenet's body. And JR kept HARPING on how he and Fleet LOOKED for that glass, but how JOHN TOLD WHITE how he'd actually broken that window a few months earlier. And LO AND BEHOLD...there was that little piece of glass on the suitcase under the window. Lou Smit never seems to have put that together, even though Smit had John's own story about this long before we did. Instead, LOU SMIT GOES ON TV and tells everyone, see that little piece of glass on that suitcase? MAYBE the intruder got that on his shoe!! WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Yeah, and MAYBE Martians chit it before they left...WE JUST DON'T KNOW....

5. BobC

Ho--hum. Yeah I remember that crap. How could I forget? You almost have to admire their audacity. I mean they don't even make up good lies.

6. koldkase

How true. And yet...look at all the people who believe them? And praise them? It's like the worse they are, the more some people believe them. P.T. Barnum knew what he was talking about when he said there's a sucker born every minute.

7. BobC

I think, in general, people are losing the ability to reason.

I recall this one e-mail that went around a few years ago--it was about "chicken -hybrid creatures" being artificially engineered by KFC I think. The e-mail, which was allegedly from some animal rights group, explained that KFC had created beakless, feetless, featherless chicken creatures that were hooked up to these enormous, complicated computer devices their whole lives--a fantastically cruel scenario for these chicken creatures. I had at least ten thousand friends send me that e-mail, and every single one of them believed it and were ready to riot.

The first thing I asked was how would farmers justify the expense of these enormous, expensive computerized machines for a single chicken which might, if the market was good, maybe fetch $1 in profit? I mean as opposed to throwing the flock a little cheap feed? The e-mail said each chicken had it's own machine!

Not one of my friends questioned the economic viability of this nightmare scenario. It was really annoying. My mind has a great bullsmit detector that I can't turn off.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Well, there is "diluted"- that would make him a watered-down old fart. How does that sound? Maybe a better for for him.

9. koldkase

Or maybe you were referring to Smit's "diluted" brain waves, Thor.

That's some chicken breeder you got there, BobC. I bet that's some mighty fine chicken, too! :hen: GourMAY chicken. Must cost a pretty penny to buy one of them there chicken sandwiches. Yummy! :eat:

Found your urban legend! (My dear old mom sends me this kind of stuff every day. :yes: )

http://www.geo-pie.cornell.edu/media/kfc.html

10. heymom

heymom Member

That SO reminds me of Jack Prelutsky's song "I'm a basic boneless chicken, I am boneless through and through..."

My God in Heaven how can people be so stupid...

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

I had exactly the same thought as you , KK. :)

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

I think the Ramseys deliberately did not stage an intruder entry initially, which is why John Ramsey didn't say a word to any investigator about the broken basement window.

I believe they tried to sell the crime as an 'inside job' committed by someone having a key to the house (the housekeeper LHP for example), hence no necessity to mention the broken basement window to LE.
    John's comment to Arndt about this being an 'inside job', Patsy telling the police that LHP had asked her for a loan and claiming she believed LHP had left a note for her on the spiral stairs (i. e. LHP knew Patsy would be coming down those stairs first thing in the morning), LHP who would have had access to the pen and notepad in the home - everything the Ramseys told LE in those early morning hours just screams they were trying to throw the housekeeper under the bus. The Bonita papers even say that Patsy initially stated the handwriting looked like LHP's.

When John was down in the basement with FW and Fleet noticed the broken window, John merely said "I had to break that." No outburst from John like "OMG, the killer could have entered here!!" Nothing.
    It would interest me when exactly that broken window was presented by the Ramseys as the point of entry.

Another thing: even if one goes along with an 'outside job' killer story, i. e. a sexual predator entering the home - if, per John's account, it was HE who had broken the window months before, then how on earth could the intruder know there was a broken window under that grate? Surely he couldn't have seen anything under the grate at dead of night. Was he psychic? :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  13. koldkase

Very well done, rashomon.

If memory serves...and that's only a 50/50 chance these days...Thomas said in his book John Ramsey first told him during the April '97 interview that John broke the window himself. Since that was the first LE had heard about THAT, Thomas was incredulous that it had taken 4 months to find this out.

When that interview took place, the Ramseys had not been interviewed by LE since they left the home on Dec. 26th, as you know.

So doing a little logical thinking, I don't believe the Ramseys had made any "claims" of an intruder having broken the window at all. I think JR simply admitted he had broken the window himself when LE was interviewing John and it came up.

As for what John said about the broken window, he told a very elaborate story about he and White "looking for glass under that window" when they went downstairs after Arndt told them to go over the house.

I'll find that segment of John's interview and you may see what I mean: John repeated the same info several times, and it seemed he was trying to get a point across that meant a lot to him.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  14. koldkase

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1997BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

See how John focuses on the glass and that window, by his own admission? Since he keeps mentioning he and Fleet looking for that broken glass, but it wasn't there, was he trying to backtrack and make excuses with LE because he knew they'd find out sooner or later HE broke the window, but hadn't told them so they'd believe it was an intruder? Did he in fact LOOK for that glass with Fleet or not? It seems White would have told LE because he was interviewed many times while the Ramseys hid behind their lawyers. So why hadn't Thomas HEARD this story already from White?

John is a very wiley man. His story about this broken window is strange COMING and GOING.

15. koldkase

I LOVE Jack Prelutsky's books! Also Shel Silverstein's. GREAT stuff, and NOT just for kids, even if we don't admit it.

Now that I think about it, Smit sort of looks like one of their creations:

http://shelsilverstein.com/indexSite.html

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I totally agree with rashomon; the Rs had the perfect stooge to blame for their daughter's death. She was an employee with an intimate knowledge of the family, the home; JBR would have trusted her enough to go with her or her husband; she had a key; her husband had been in the basement on a few occasions, helping his wife; and LHP had asked to borrow money, she admittedly had money problems. I bet that despicable plot to blame her was hatched almost immediately after JBR died.

As far as JR and the broken window- I had wondered why JR admitted to FW that he had broken the window himself, when if he hadn't mentioned it, it would have given more credence to the IDI theory. I think Smit jumped all over that broken window. But in retrospect, it does fit in with the Rs plan to blame LHP and/or her husband. JR spoke about PR asking LHP to have her husband fix the broken window, but he said he didn't think it had been. This would give more weight to their plan, because they could say that LHP and her husband knew about the broken window, and he used that as a way to get in the house. Of course, why would he have to do that? His wife had a key, and she was supposed to be in on it.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

In his book, Steve Thomas says FW even picked up a piece of glass on his first trip alone to the basement and put it on the ledge.

ST, hardcover ed, p. 20:

18. koldkase

We don't really know if John Ramsey told Fleet White anything about that window, do we? John might have lied to LE...imagine that!

Jams says "someone" was with John when he broke the window that day, but she won't say who it was. So we don't know if THAT is true or not, but we can't use this as credible, sourced info without qualifying it because that source is always questionable.

Now why wouldn't jams want to say who allegedly was with John during that pivotal event? What harm could it POSSIBLY do to identify a WITNESS to the basement window being broken by John?

Think about that.... John told a very strange story about taking his clothes off to climb in that window. We can see from Smit it's a tight squeeze in the well, and lots of wiggling around is required to get in through that window. John didn't want to mess up his nice suit. So he messed up his skin instead? Over broken glass and brick? Ouch!

It is this "climbing in the broken window in his underwear" story that convinces me John was in on the cover up at least. I'm not buying that story--something is not right about it. Add the story he told LE about White and him looking for glass that fateful afternoon, and there is something about this whole "broken window" issue that doesn't wash, IMO.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  19. BobC

I agree KK--I think it's impossible for him NOT to have been in on the cover-up. But the million dollar question, which has never been answered to my satisfaction, is when did John enter the equation?

That's what makes this case so fascinating.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice