First Boulder Reunion Memories & Evidence Against the Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Feb 27, 2008.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I have flashbacks of the HOT kind....

2. AMES

AMES Member

I imagine that he means the kind of scream that sticks in your throat...in other words..it never escaped his lips. So, Patsy not only hears a silent scream...she hears it while she is in a completely different room, far from John.... sitting on the couch with her friends surrounding her...and they were probably talking (remember..they were walking down memory lane looking at pictures of JB)....man, she must have had some doggone good hearing. Like the bionic woman or something...she must have had a bionic ear.

3. AMES

AMES Member

Exactly!

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Yeah......me too........I call them Hot Flashes!

5. heymom

heymom Member

You must mean Hot Flashbacks, honey.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:rolling: Yeah, me too. It's amazing how many flashbacks you can have of things that never happened. Ha ha ha ha.

What do those IDIs think the word FLASHBACK means? You can't flash BACK to something if it wasn't there in the first place. To return is to imply having been somewhere, or experienced something, before.

The word flashback became popular in describing the symptoms of Vietnam vets who remembered scenes and emotions they felt when under stress. It's a major part of PTSD. A smell, a sound, a person, anything can become a trigger that releases chemicals in the brain that act on a person's memory and their amygdala - the seat of emotion. Together, it brings a PAST event into the present in vivid detail.

I remember a friend of mine telling me about an incident with her husband who is a Vietnam vet. They were driving on a four-lane traffic loop, when a helicopter flew over them close to the ground. Her husband had been out of Nam for over 20 years, but he had a MAJOR flashback. Even though my friend was driving 65 mph, her husband opened the passenger door and tried to get out and throw himself to the ground for safety. She didn't know what was happening, but she yelled at him and grabbed his arm. She pulled as hard as she could and kept yelling until he finally realized where he was and that he was safe. Now, that was a REAL flashback.

Patsy did NOT have a flashback. She merely had trouble keeping her story straight.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  7. RiverRat

That will be tomorrow, baby.......

:angeldev:

8. AMES

AMES Member

Right, a flashback is something that you have experienced before...and you go BACK to it in your mind...AND HENCE...the word flashBACK.

Several of my uncles, and my brother-in-law were in Vietnam. My dad was in World War II, my brother was in the first Gulf War (and suffers from PTSD)..and my husband was over there for a little while..for the 2nd one. I cried when I read about what happened to your friend's husband....that is SO SAD! Poor guy!

LOL..."Patsy did NOT have a flashback. She merely had trouble keeping her story straight". And truer words have never been spoken, or rather...written. She had a bad problem with that...keeping her story straight. Guess she didn't rehearse it enough. (She should have used the same memorization technique that she used for the "LAZARUS SPEECH").

9. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I have to say that hot flashes suck in a big way. I hate waking drenched with sweat when it is freezing outside. LOL.
    Too many ways these parents confessed and why the ones that should have seen it, could have changed the outcome did not see it is beyond me.
    I will never, not ever understand the protection of the murderer of JonBenet.

10. RiverRat

Well, at least she didn't have a shower vision. :pirate:

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Because you are an honest person. Because you are not a coward. The DA's office, both THEN and NOW, is headed by a coward. Lacy admits to not reviewing all the information on this case, and the judge read very little of it.

12. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I guess just like the Midyette case...

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Very plausible scenario, Ames.

I think that part of the interview you posted is an absolute bombshell: Patsy tells us what happened. Truth shines through.
    Too bad that Haney didn't seize the opportunity to "go along" with what Patsy said. He could have gone on (speaking in a soft and inoffensive voice to her), summing up what she said, so to speak:

"So John came down from his room after you told him JonBenet was gone, and he went down to the basement and saw her lying there, and he screamed, and you won't ever forget that scream ..."

Would Patsy have had the presence of mind to recognize the trap? At least Haney could have tried instead of letting it slip by.

Patsy's "She's gone" could also have meant "She's dead"

It is the same with Patsy claiming to have flashbacks of hearing JonBenet SCREAM. Thanks again Ames for posting this.

12 TOM HANEY: Okay. Do your symptoms include
    13 anything like nightmares?
    14 PATSY RAMSEY: I had those.
    15 TOM HANEY: About?
    16 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh, I have flashbacks of
    17 seeing my daughter lying down on the floor in our
    18 living room, and I have flashbacks of hearing JonBenet
    19 scream.
    I have nightmares where I am, you know,
    20 searching, searching, searching trying to find
    21 somebody, and trying to find who did this.

JonBenet was in fact lying on the floor in the living room and she in all probability did scream when attacked by Patsy.

Another opportunity missed by Haney. Why didn't he say something like "You said you have flashbacks of hearing her scream - when did you hear that scream?" and then watch Patsy's face ...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  14. heymom

heymom Member

John's scream when he came up from the basement could have been after *he* hit JonBenet and watched her fall down and perhaps start having seizures on her way to death.

This scenario would mean John was in the basement with JonBenet alone. I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions.

My goodness this starts to sound like a twisted game of "Clue." I'm guessing John, in the basement, with the golf club.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

Cyril Wecht would have guessed John, in the basement, with the rope. ;)

Those circumstantial evidence cases can make one's head spin when it comes to possible scenarios ...

16. AMES

AMES Member

You are quite welcome!!!

17. AMES

AMES Member

My gut and my woman's intuition..combined with my gift of insight...tells me it was Patsy in a rage attack...she lost it. I do believe that John helped to cover it up...even if it was just a little bit of covering. But, I think that Patsy did the majority of the work.

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This is my first-case scenario. Second guess is JBR in the basement, alive- being sexually abused and bashed on the head when she screams. Maybe the garrote is part of the abuse. Maybe not. I can't decide who is the abuser. If it was JR, I can't imagine PR covering for him, and letting it go, fancy lifestyle or no. If it was JAR, I can see JR covering for him, but not PR unless BR was a part of it.
    PR in a rage attack seems to have the best fit. It is easier to put it all together. The other possibilities are much more of a stretch. Of all the opportunities to abuse his daughter, why pick THAT night, with the early trip planned, and PR up late with last-minute details, maybe BR still awake...it just is more cumbersome to make sense of. However, if he had been drinking- that can often make the difference with someone doing something that they wouldn't do if they were sober.

19. Karen

Karen Member

Hi DeeDee! I have read forever that Patsy would not cover for JAR but JR would. I disagree. Patsy was a southern girl. To the extreme I think. Families in the South are known for keeping family secrets. For the sake of the family reputation which is way important there. Maybe? That is of the utmost importance, or at least in the old way it was. This would also account for JR being so loyal and standing by and defending Patsy so profusely when she was constantly accused. I think Patsy did this, not JAR. But it always intrigues me when I read Patsy would not cover for JAR. I think she would. Just MO of course.

20. Karen

Karen Member

This cracks me up because I remember in an interview JR said that if he had done it he would have done a better job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice