1. fly

fly Member

5+5+1=11

JR - What other business? As far as I recall she grabbed a few items of clothing (maybe one minute?) and rinsed out a jumper (maybe 1-2 minutes, depending on exactly what she did).

Oh, and it comes to 15 (16 or 17, actually) only if you count the shower, and your clock didn't start at the beginning of the shower, because we were timing PR, not JR, right?

To be honest, JR, I don't manage a 10-15 minute getting ready most times. If I don't need to work that efficiently, I don't. Most mornings it probably takes me 20-25 minutes (with shower). However, when I have to get up and out quickly, I can certainly do it in 15 minutes or less (if no shower), without too much trouble.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have always

wondered how long JR was in that shower. If the sound of the water woke Patsy up - did she hop right out of bed? It takes a couple of minutes to come out of that sleep and awake enough to get out of bed. Now, add the rest of the time allotted. If she wasn't going to wash up or bathe, I don't know why she didn't just throw on a pair of jeans or a sweat suit or something, but she didn't, so....

Hopefully, she did wash her face and pee. She put on a full face of makeup, so she says. That took at least five minutes. From waking up to being dressed, teeth brushed (?) and in her makeup and perfectly coifed - I'd say we've got at least 10 miinutes there - probably more. And, John is still in the shower? I've never taken a 10 minute shower in my life, but, okay...

Down the stairs, wash out whatever, throw laundry in bags - about five minutes. Is John still in the shower? He must be a prune by now. Down the next set of stairs and she finds the note. He's out of the shower now, of course, because he comes flying down the stairs in his unders. There is something about that whole course of events that bugs me. It only takes a minute to dry off and pull on a pair of unders.

Patsy is flying around doing her thing ala OJ, and John is leisurely taking a 15 minute shower? That doesn't sound right to me. Getting up an hour before your plane is supposed to take off (I know, I know - it was his plane) really sounds goofy to me, unless you live alone and don't have grumpy, sleepy kids to get up and going, too. It would be interesting to know how much time the Ramseys normally allotted to getting ready to go on a trip.

I have been known to get up in the morning and throw on a pair of sweats I might have been wearing the night before if I am going to clean house or something, but to leave my house without showering? Forgetaboutit. I most certainly would never ever put on GOOD clothes, not even the ones I wore yesterday, without showering. I don't think Patsy was overly ambitious about her personal hygiene - I mean, I know she wasn't, based on everything she has told us herself about that morning. Yuk.

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Sorry...guess I tossed in your shower there.

There have been times I have had to fly out of the house to attend to Belle (i.e. she's being taken by ambulance to the hospital kind of thing) but it still takes me at least 15 minutes to potty, pull on clothes, wash my face, brush my teeth, take a very quick sponge bath, put on deoderant, braid my hair or pull it into a ponytail, come downstairs, grab my keys and overnight case (which I keep a fresh change of undies and toothbrush in at all times), turn off the alarm, re-set the alarm and lock the door. In my case I must also quickly feed 4 animals so add in another 5 minutes for that.

I will not leave the house without at least doing what I have listed because I don't know when I will get to come home.

So...add in that the Ramseys had pre-planned this trip and clearly weren't packed and ready to walk out the door as soon as they were dressed. IMHO, the timeline is blown.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

How about this one?

I'll go track this down but in one of Patsy's early version's of that morning, she claims that she was on her way down to make coffee when she found the RamseyNote.

Time for another poll - Ladies - Coffee Drinkers - Do you put the coffee on first thing or wait like Patsy did? All of the above described beauty regimes finished and on the way to awaken the children?

Personally - If I don't go straight for the coffee, nothing else is going to happen, not at least any time soon. And definitely not if I have to have two kids up and out of bed, get their teeth and hair brushed, get them dressed, make them breakfast, have them eat breakfast........and that's the bare basics.......Don't forget that the Ramseys also had to leave by 6:30 A.M. to make it to the airport in time.

5. Harley

Harley Member

Coffee Pot

could have a timer on it. Mr. Harley gets his coffee all ready at night and sets the timer so it is ready to drink in the morning when he is ready for it. So when Patsy made the coffee may not be important.

6. RiverRat

Absolutely!

Thanks Harley! It could have been instant coffee for all I know, I was thinking more of when she would have the opportunity to drink the coffee - while fixing her hair and make-up or getting the kids ready to go.

7. RiverRat

I said it was an early version.

CNN Interview Aired Jan 1, 1997........

CABELL: Mrs. Ramsey -- you found the note. Was it a handwritten note, three pages?

RAMSEY, P: I didn't -- I couldn't read the whole thing I -- I just gotten up. We were on our -- it was the day after Christmas, and we were going to go visiting, and it was quite early in the morning, and I had got dressed and was on my way to the kitchen to make some coffee, and we have a back staircase from the bedroom areas, and I always come down that staircase, and I am usually the first one down. And the note was lying across the -- three pages -- across the run of one of the stair treads, and it was kind of dimly lit.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Glad you found the quote...so she said she was on the way to MAKE the coffee...

I don't make coffee except on the weekends now, but when I used to make it before I worked the hours I do now, it was the secong place I went...the first was the bathroom, then on to start the coffee, which was always ready by the time I made it out of the shower, and I drank it while I was getting ready and also took a cup with me to the car....now I don't know how typical I am as far as coffee goes, but I wish I had an IV start in my arm about 30 minutes before time to get up!

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Coffee

Oh yes...I forgot my morning transfusion. I can't recall the last time I had a coffee maker without a timer but am quite sure it was prior to 1990.

10. Cookie

Cookie Member

Coffee Anyone?

I've seen PR in the early morning hours and the first thing she does is go for the coffee pot and make the morning brew. Whether her pot had an automatic timer or not, her ritual was to wake extremely early, before the children stirred, and have that "alone time" to make the coffee and relax.

PR does not typically plan that far in advance to have prepared the coffeemaker the night before. When they came home that night, after holiday festivities, I'm sure she was exhausted, and the last thing on her mind was to prepare the coffeemaker.

11. Scully

Scully Member

Cookie

Cookie, how far away did you live from the Ramseys and how long of a drive was it to their house? (I understand it was less than a 10 minute drive from the Ramsey home to Fleet White's ) Also, did you know Fleet and Priscilla White very well?

12. Cookie

Cookie Member

For Scully

I live about a 10 minute walk from the 15th Street house, virually in the same neighborhood. It's so close that I would normally walk there, not drive.

Yes, I do know the Whites, not super close, but I used to know them. Not now, since Docs trial, we have not seen or talked to them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice