For BobC: Top Ten Things I Like About Miss Thang

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Show Me, Jan 25, 2006.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OHMIGOD! I saw Moab's new avatar, but I couldn't read it, my glasses needing to be changed and all. So I LOOOOKED CLOOOOOSER....

"Don't bother to run. You'll only die tired."

HAHAHAHA Getting cocky for an old pyrate, aren't you, Moab?

:bow:

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Aye Matey...I am...but I'm also best friends with me Glock now!

3. koldkase

ARRRRRRRRRRRRG! I've been replaced! Me cutlass is obsolete!

sigh it's a pyrate's life, it's a pyrate's life, it's a pyrate's life fer meeeee...sniffle....

we had lots of fun as we sang and danced, while we sailed the deep blue seeeeeeea....

:cry: :violin:

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Aye Mate...You don't have to sharpen a GLOCK - and the last time me borrowed yer cutlass it wouldn't cut butter!
    Yo ho yo ho it's an outlaw's life fer me...rut ro...I think I have me pirates and me gunslingers confused...head em up move em out RAWHIDEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

5. koldkase

arg Fine ye stinkin' landlubber! If'n ye prefer cow dung to bilge rats...then to the scurvey dogs wit' ya'! I'll jus' keep all the booty fer meself! :bling:

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...Matey...do the math...a true pirate would only pretend to be a landlubbin cow-dung-hoppin outlaw...see...I just had me sea doggie steal yer bling!
    :bling:
    Yer too easy Matey! Been sniffin too much paint fumes?

7. Elle

Elle Member

Oh there was another cat here, Just Chillun's cat with the beautiful face. How could we have forgotten this one? I have always admired this cat.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Barbara, George is a beautiful cat. He looks like the one we had for 16 years.
    I still miss him, and haven't replaced him. My Jim is not an animal person. We brought Jamie back from Scotland, when we went back there for a spell. The vet here in Canada said he had a Roman nose. :)

9. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Thank you, Elle. The late "So-and-so's sugar blah blah etc. blah blah blah" named kitty is now in Kitty heaven...and in avatar and screen saver land. It's amazing how long a cat's name can get when they have "papers". Our present cats try to limit their papers to the daily news and the occasional scientific journal.

They much prefer the life of a pirate's cat, too, whereas "Shug" was petrified of water.

I can't wait until summer so Nala can go to the lake and chase the ducks again.

Arrrgh, Mateys, the frrrresh water pirate's life for me' kitties.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Do you have three cats like the beautiful one in your avatar, Just Chillun? I would have liked one exactly like this. I'm sure you would need to guard them pretty well, or they would be stolen. Bet you they cost you the earth (?).

With all this pirate talk here, I'm waiting on Kevin Cline (Pirate King in "Pirate from Penzance" ) swinging into this thread. :)

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Elle,

I am very lucky as he is a beautiful cat on the inside as well. He is sweet and loving. We've had him since kittenhood and I think he became full grown in about a week :). He is now 21 pounds.

Edited to add:

One day I will learn how to scan and I will upload the picture we have of him in a yarmulke and Hebrew prayer shawl. We call it his Bar Mitzvah picture. But also want to mention, we do have a pirate outfit for him, although he put up quite a fight to wear it so HENCE, no photos. But I got to wear my own assortment of Band Aids trying to get him to wear it lol

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Showing off again

http://www.petsinuniform.com/finished/anselmo/anselmo2.jpg

Thought you would appreciate George's love for his country also.

BTW, on Petsinuniform.com, you don't have to wrestle your pet. They superimpose the face for 20 bucks. Well worth the laughs, at least for us. I have him framed on my desk at work. Quite the conversation maker I must say.

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Dogs have owners
    Cats have staff...how true is the saying.

Koldkase...arrrgggg...you crack me up matey!

14. koldkase

Yo ho you ho! I'll not be begrudgin' me matey a little bling! But STAY AWAY FROM ME PAINT!

argggh :pirate:

15. koldkase

Why, ye be a kind little critter, Show me! Ifn' you want to ever walk the plank on me fine sea faring vessel, the Miss Guttah America, yer welcome anytime!

But keep yer rat's paws off Kevin! And Johnny Depp, too! :pirate:

16. koldkase

Well, then we got no quarrel! I stick strickly to the salt seas! That's me main booty, and I only share it wit' me backstabbing gunslinger of a guttah gossip matey, Moab! And only cause of her cute little sea doggie, at that! I got a soft spot fer sea doggies!

argh :pirate:

17. Elle

Elle Member

George is 21 lbs. He must be a very big cat, Barbara. Jamie was 16 lbs. and I thought that was heavy. Seeing all these lovely cats makes me long for another one. He looks so clean. I have enjoyed reading all about your cats.
    They really are a breed all their own, aren't they? Look down their noses at everyone.

I had a Siamese cat years ago in Scotland. His name was Shah, because we had spent time in Iran, and he was a Brown Seal. Like Jamie, Jim and Shah never hit it off together. Shah hated the noise of cutlery touching the kitchen counter and would object strongly with a growl. :)

18. koldkase

Gosh, Elle, I didn't realize how well traveled you are. You'll have to tell us some of your favorite stories about your travels if you like. I love people's travel stories.

19. Elle

Elle Member

With Jim being an engineer, KK, we did move around a bit. It beats retirement and growing older, I can tell you that. However, I would think talking about something like that would soon bore the socks off people. I have more fun reading all the posts here about this-n-that and a beautiful cat. :)

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Morris is banned from my bedroom. I told you about Morris - he's an FIV kitty who found his way to my house, along with Irish, who has now gone on to the Rainbow Bridge.

Morris is an orange tom cat, or at least he was until I ended his sultry nights of unsafe sex and of spreading his disease. Have I mentioned how much I despise people who won't get their pets neutered and immunized? Poor Morris was not in good shape when I finally picked him up and got him to the vet. That's when I learned he was FIV positive, but FIV kitties can live just as long as non-infected kitties, as long as they have decent care.

So, Morris became my kitty. Except, that's not the way he sees it. I became his human. That's the way it is, and there's nothing I can do about it. In the summer he loves to sleep outside on the covered patio in one of the lawn chairs. In the winter, he stays inside all the time. Morris has a bad eye - an opportunisitic virus or bacteria that nothing gets rid of, no matter how we try. So, I have to clean his eye a couple times a day.

Morris's deep attachment to me is sweet, and he is the most loving kitty. The vet told me orange tom cats are the most loving cat you can have. I never knew that, but I know it now. I cannot walk in my own house - he shadows me everywhere I go. He positions himself so that I am forever tripping over him. If I sit down on the couch or in a chair, he immediately plops his big self (this cat is heavy) down on top of me or right next to my leg, which he then clamps his arms around and holds onto for dear life while he sleeps.

The first few months of this winter, Morris slept with me in my king-sized bed. You'd think there would be all kinds of room, but, sadly, that wasn't the case. Morris wouldn't let me move - I couldn't turn over, I couldn't scoot to another part of the bed. He had total control, because he is so heavy and he clamped onto me. I am his human. On top of that, as soon as I turned the light on after watching TV or reading for a while, off the bed he'd jump. From that time on, he was on and off and on and off the bed. Morris isn't quiet about those sorts of things. It was with full fanfare that he would announce he had arrived back in the bedroom - talking up a storm and digging those claws into my comfortor cover so he could haul his big self up on the bed.

I finally came to the conclusion one day while nearly drifting off to sleep at my desk that Morris had to go. Not go, as in "go," but go anywhere inside my home except my bedroom. For the past two weeks, Morris has been sleeping in the living room on the couch or outside my bedroom door. He likes to talk to me outside the bedroom door just to let me know he's still there. I'm getting a whole lot of great sleep, now.

He's making me suffer for it, though. He talks to me constantly, except when he's got himself wrapped around my leg or arm or neck, sleeping and purring his head off. On weekends when I'm at my mother's, my daughter takes care of Morris. He loves her, too, but she says Morris is always in my bedroom, sleeping on my pillow, whenever she comes to visit him and take him for a walk. He likes to go for walks. He thinks he has to defend us against the dogs in the neighborhood. Believe me, the dogs are afraid of Morris.

I have to admit, I've had a lot of cats in my life, but I've never run across a cat quite like Morris. He's a lover, and he owns me.

Except in the bedroom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice