Forensic Evidence 2: Bedwetting

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

That is the commensurate precis of this whole sad affair.

There's more red herrings here than a corner deli !!

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Ten years of case study, summed up in one sentence! Excellent! :thumbsup:

Edited to add:

I guess Kanga and I were posting at the same time, so it's not just my opinion. Excellent!

3. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

actually ..when you whittle away all out suppositions and sleuthing, you still have a dictionary with a page dog eared. Dog eared in a rather strange manner, seemingly pointing to something, or maybe just marking a page.

It didnt do it by itself !! There is much to be learnt by the who and why, no matter which way it goes.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I agree. Too bad no one will ever teach that lesson.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Moab:

Of course, Moab, it could have been any other word other than incest. I go along with this.

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

It was a drag queen hired by Priscilla White.

-Tea

7. tylin

tylin Banned

From Steve Thomas's paperback book, page 293.

8. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

does that picture exist to the public domain ?? ( the dictionay with folded corner )

cheers
    >:~))

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks tylin, this is entirely different from what we have been discussing, not only here, but this whole 10 years. Where does it say "dog-eared"? Which, unless I am backwards, usually happens at the top of the page. My Websters Collegiate edition was either a different sized book or a different edition since the word "incest" is the first word on the right-hand page, not the left. From what you quoted above from ST's book though it sounds to me like a large portion of the page was folded. Is that how anyone else interprets it? It would be interesting to know if any other pages from that book looked to have been folded down at some point in time.

To me, an adult would not do that to a book. [Books and blueberries are our friends :) ] I would have been whipped and served with cobbler if I had ever folded the page of a book while growing up, but perhaps that was just my "era". I was taught from a very early age, that the smallest scrap of paper would serve as a placeholder if I couldn't find a proper bookmark.

It will be interesting to see how others feel about this information now!

10. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

id just like to see the pic ....lol :)) as they say...worth a thousand words ( and a bonus because of the others on the page !!! lol )

11. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, Kanga, I would like to see a photo too. My American Heritage Dictionary has the word "incest" close to the bottom of the first left-side column, which makes it easy to point the corner of that page to that word. I'd love to have had access to the bookshelves at the Ramsey's, to see if that bottom-folding page pattern showed up in any other books they owned. It does seem unusual - even if I see something interesting on a page, close to the bottom, I just fold the top of the page over, not the bottom. When I then return to that page, I visually scan the page for the info. I wanted. But if one really wanted ONLY to pay attention to one word, it would be better to point to it directly, especially if one wanted someone else to get the point. Maybe this seems far-fetched to some. Maybe it is. We'll never know for sure.

There is a lot of evidence in this case, but the right evidence was carried out of the house by Auntie Pam - that's the evidence that would give us the killer.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Originally Posted by tylin
    This sounds very odd, Moab. I have never seen pages folded over at the corner, at the bottom of any book. They have always been at the top. In this instance, the corner turned over with the tip pointing to "incest" could be taken as singling out the word "incest." It's obvious Steve Thomas takes it this way.

I have worked in a few libraries, and I have never ever seen corners turned over at the bottom of any books. Always the top corners.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Moab,

I wish we could ask Steve Thomas more about evidence item #85KKY where this Webster book is contained. It would also be good if we could actually find the same edition to check it out.

14. heymom

heymom Member

I just checked my other, regular-sized American Heritage Dictionary, Second College Edition. The word "incest" is on the top right column of the left page. Impossible to mark by folding the page from the bottom up. The larger dictionary has the word at the bottom left column, in perfect position to be pointed to (I'm not going to actually fold that page, but I could take a photo of its position).

Does the evidence list give the edition of the dictionary? I could look at the library or a second-hand store.

15. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

heymom

is it possible for you d either photo or scan the whole page ( larger edition )....then we can play to out hearts ontent..

cheers
    >:~))
    K

16. heymom

heymom Member

Now, there's an idea!! I sure can scan the page. I can't even locate my camera battery charger - it seems to have disappeared into some black hole somewhere - but I can scan easily. Here goes...The bottom edge of the scan is the bottom edge of the page, more or less..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  17. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

thanks HM :)

i can see how easy it would be to fold over the bottom left corner and point straight to "incest"

I dunno...i just get the sense it was an impromptu act.. someone ma have noticed that the dictoinary was already open..and an eagle eye scanned and saw 'incest' and put two and two together....and just to make sure there was no erroneous maths...slyly folded the magical pointer..
    of course..thats only "a" scenario.

thanks again

18. Elle

Elle Member

In my large copy of Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus (1990) the word "incest" is on page 278 and is almost half-way down the second column.

Your copy HM might have been the same edition as the Ramsey's (?). Note the difference in the page number, 912, compared to mine, page 278 for the same word "incest."

If one did turn up the corner in yours, the tip could maybe point right at "incest."

19. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, yes, you can turn up the corner easily to point right to "incest," or "incestuous." That's why I wanted to get an image. Sorry about the clarity, the scanner software isn't easy to work with, and I still haven't found my digi-cam charger!! Aaaaccckkkk - it's brand-new. I hate it when things grow legs and walk away...

My dictionary is a large one, my FIL bought it as a graduation gift to me (English major, of course!). The more words, the better! I can't bear to crease the page! Maybe I can copy a page, fold *that* and then scan it...

20. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Exactly right. There is no telling what edition the Ramsey's owned. It might have been an older book left over from Patsy's college days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice