From Traverse City, MI newspaper - John Ramsey may run for office

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Aurora, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Aurora

Thanks for the information. Our friends sail all summer and it's Lake Michigan. It sounds fabulous. We sailed off the South coast of Florida three years ago and we're going to do that again in April next year. It was so amazing to see the dolphins and manatee - and the pelicans! Sailing in Scotland is not like that! We really need our wetsuits :) I have an album full of sailing photos and in every picture everyone is wearing full wetweather gear, balaclavas, boots, gloves - the lot and looking absolutely frozen and miserable! We do this 7 months of the year.... (Hubby wants to retire to Florida ....)

2. Aurora

Aurora Member

1000 Sparks

My hubby and I think we saw your boat...because we were picking our favorites and yours was it...hands down.
    PM me...and tell me where in MI you live...ok? This will be so much fun if we can get a group to go to the festival and meet. Check that site I gave for a theme as I do not know the answer. Did I tell you that Ramseys contribute to the petunia fund ? The main street is lined with flowers and so pretty in the summer.

3. Elle

Elle Member

I'm butting in Jayelles!

Scoozy butting in here, Jayelles. Are you anywhere near Thurso, Caithness? I can imagine you would need this gear if up there (?). Crossing on the ferry to the Orkney Islands in July, I was frozen! Husband's relations live there! How on earth will you make the switch to Florida? When the Scots return to Scotland after a session in Canada, it's not because of the cold winters, it's because of the heat!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004
  4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Elle

Thurso's just up the road from us. As you have experienced, the sailing is ..... exhilarating :) I'm an expert at cooking with one hand (the other hand gripping on for dear life!

As a nation, we Scots travel to warmer climates for our health. We like to go to Majorca in October to "charge us up" for the winter. I'm convinced we suffer fewer winter colds as a result.

Hubby would like us to buy a house in Florida and to stay there during the winter months. We have family in Cape Coral, but I'm a thrill-ride addict so I'd like to be nearer the theme parks. The kids find this embarassing. I've done all the big UK ones and my favourites are backwards and upside down :D Unfortunately, I can never remember the names of the rides. I should keep a log.

We have this daft family joke, where we try to look as though we are fast asleep when the camera takes our photo on the rides. It amuses us to see all the screaming terrified faces and us dozed off beside them :)

5. Elle

Elle Member

Beautiful drive up there!

What a beautiful drive it is up that way, Jayelles? I never remember being confined in Scotland the way I am, here in Canada. Thought I was tough enough after living my life in Scotland all those years. I quite believe the holiday in the sun does help one to survive a cold winter.

You won't get me on the "The Wild Mouse" or anything like that.
    OMG that was the scariest thing for me. Haven't been on anything since and that was umpteen years ago. I like the shooting targets.

If you can afford Florida for retirement, Jayelles - go for it!:p

It has to be Springtime there! Happy sailing!

6. Aurora

Aurora Member

John was on my local news this eve~

It was an exclusive story about how he is pretty sure he will run for the vacant seat in the house. It showed him walking around Charlevoix talking with the reporter. It showed a few clips of JonBenet and John saying that he will see her again someday and that he feels she is with him now. Most of it was shot in their Charlevoix livingroom. He is ready for a new job and thinks there is a reason for this and has many supporters and feels Charlevoix is comfortable...and very protective of them!
    BLAH BLAH BLAH....( Their sofa is ugly and the coordinating.... stripped chair reminded me of Patsy's pinked stripe wall paper in the Boulder house. Her taste is gaudy...me thinks.)

I tried to find the whole interview but could not as of yet. Will let you know more if more develops.

Agent Aurora reportiing from TC. Michigan

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thank you, Agent Aurora

Ramsey sure knows how to manipulate the media.

His opponent is an attorney and appears to be much better qualified.

Let the games begin!

BTW, there was a one paragraph blurb about this in NE today. They noted that most Republicans are not happy that Ramsey is one of them. :p

8. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Lurker

Since when did qualifications have anything to do with it?

:D

9. Aurora

Aurora Member

Driver

Yeah...it is usually the one with the most money to spend on a campaign.

It also said this was the first time he was on TV in about 2 years. He must miss all the attention and limelight!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice