1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I hate to interrupt this conversation........ BUT, who's the perv that started a thread about a garrotte with a huge grinning smiley?

LOL everytime I see this thread in new posts.

2. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

If you go back and look at the start of KK's post, she is thanking Ravens-Tears for helping her to post, hence the smiley face, don't think KK intended to be "perverted" in any way, just polite, unlike your post getting personal and calling a poster a "perv".

Just my never to be humble opinion....

3. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Lighten up frances........it was a joke I thought I made that clear by telling the poster I laugh every time I see this thread.......excuuuuuuuuuse the hell outta me for trying to pass a joke here. :rolleyes:

Have the moderators delete it if its such a problem for you, I amuse myself repeatedly thru out the day, I won't miss this one.

4. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

I would not begin to tell our very intelligent and quite capable moderators what to delete from a thread, that is why they are moderators.....

I don't find it amusing to call another poster a "perv",

Sincerely, "frances" ;)

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

You must hate the daily threads then... lots of perverts, lesbian circle jerks, flashers, chicken chokers and always, WY.

6. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Quite the contrary, I love the daily! I get to live vicariously through posters like Voyager, JR, Tricia, Colorado Babe, WY, Greenleaf, Lurker, 1000 sparks, and share all the other delightful and sad experiences of posters that post there.

Listen, can we just let bygones be bygones? I will give you the benefit of the doubt, you were kidding, I took it as a put down of another poster. I am very willing to take your word for this and ask you to forgive me for jumping to conclusions! :grouphug:

7. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Well what can I say.....I really was making a joke and wouldn't seriously call a poster a pervert.
    Thats always been reserved for the pedo poster Blue**** at the swamp.

Alls well that ends well.....I shall concede I was a bit menapostal and snappy with you so I will apologize to you for my quick temper.

BTW, I've always thought you were a very intelligent poster.....that why it pithed me off so much that you thought I was such an a$$. lolololololololo

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG you Kids I leave you alone for one minute and look what happens...wait till your father gets home..:winkaway:

9. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Freebird, ditto to you. I have to admit, I have been in a pi$$y mood too! (like you could'nt tell by my posts, lol) Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment, most times I do not feel at all intelligent about this case or when I post, thats why I post so little. There are so many here that know this case inside out. I do know one thing we agree on, politics, but I won't go there! lol

Thanks for acceping my apology! :toast:

If you ever get my way, look me up and will go get Voyager and go to one of those neat places she talks about!

Tricia, we are sorry! We have hugged and made up and now are playing nice!:D

10. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Acandyrose has done an excellent job of setting up photos and articles on JonBenét. Ruth Gerkenston did write about the cord trim. I did post the url in my last post. This lady was very dedicated to the JonBenét case. I never posted with her,and she must be very sadly missed, but her contributions for justice for JonBenét are still there for all of us to read.

It seems Ruth was also a bit of a psychic and at one time had a vision of seeing Patsy Ramsey writing the ransom note. I have an open mind about things like this. Police often call on them these days to help with some of their cases, so there may be a lot to it we don't know (?).

The piping on JB's jacket could have been the white flat cord, because this type of cord can be sewn on both sides of the edge of the lapels; therefore giving it a narrower look. I did notice that the lapels on one side of the jacket seemed much smaller and looked crooked.

As for the BPD checking out the trim on these jackets (?). I have been posting for a few years and I haven't heard anything along those lines.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Acandyrose has done an excellent job of setting up photos and articles on JonBenét. Ruth Gerkenston did write about the cord trim. I did post the url in my last post. This lady was very dedicated to the JonBenét case. I never posted with her,and she must be very sadly missed, but her contributions for justice for JonBenét are still there for all of us to read.

It seems Ruth was also a bit of a psychic and at one time had a vision of seeing Patsy Ramsey writing the ransom note. I have an open mind about things like this. Police often call on them these days to help with some of their cases, so there may be a lot to it we don't know (?).

The piping on JB's jacket could have been the white flat cord, because this type of cord can be sewn on both sides of the edge of the lapels; therefore giving it a narrower look. I did notice that the lapels on one side of the jacket seemed much smaller and looked crooked.

As for the BPD checking out the trim on these jackets (?). I have been posting for a few years and I haven't heard anything along those lines.

12. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Tricia..............she started it! :fight:

13. ravens_tears

ravens_tears Member

:computer:

Soooo.. it's safe to come out now??? LOL

14. brenk

brenk Member

Easy Writer

kk (quote)

These were experts that examined the cord. (they said nothing
    about riser cord) The cord was NOT round, it was FLAT."

Easy Writer: (quote)
    My point exactly. This was in reference to an earlier speculation that the cord around JonBenet's neck was parachute cord. I stated the cord is not round, yet your response implied (by capitalization emphasis) that I had said otherwise.

kk: (quote
    "I am not saying this is parachute cord, the EXPERTS are."

Easy writer: (quote)
    What EXPERTS would that be?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Easy Writer,
    I'm sorry, I misread your description on the cord. I thought you were saying the cord was round. My mistake.

I don't have any idea who the experts were. It was said on the program, they had experts to identify the cord. If they named names I missed it.

kk

15. zapata

zapata Senior Member

The show I saw

On the Discovery Channel, and it could have been The Learning Channel.

I think a person who had done repair work in the home snuck in the house during the night. He raped the lady that lived there, then he killed her using a garrotte.

He had purchased a blond wig, (the lady he killed was blonde) He dressed up like her the next morning, put on the blonde wig and walked out of her house as though she was going to work. A neighbor saw "her" leave.

When she was reported missing, and when she was found in the woods behind her house there was one of her pillow cases over her head, (I think, it has been at least two years since I saw this program) and when they removed the pillow case there was the garrotte around her neck. The experts determined that the cording was parachute cord. The cord was FLAT. There is no doubt in my mind about that. That is why I sent the tape to Steve Thomas. The garrotte appeared to look exactly like the garrott around JonBenet's neck.

The "Sick Puppy" made the mistake of using the victims hair brush to brush his blonde wig. This intruder was found, and brought to trial. Seems like he had a warehouse or rented storage building to store some of his things in, and that is where he hide the blonde wig, and the victims overcoat.

Remember, I am only trying to recall the case, not stating the case as evidence. I will state emphatically that the parachute cord was flat, and the garrotte looked exactly like the garrotte that was used on JonBenet. That picture will stick in my mind forever.

16. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

trim

I do some sewing and any trim I have used like that hasn't been uniformly flat. There is the part of the trim that shows but the part of the trim that is sewn into the seam allowance is usually even flatter. The part of the trim that is sewn into the seam allowance is usually 5/8 " wide and then there would be the part of the trim that would show.

The difference between the part that shows and the part that goes between the seams makes it easier to sew it evenly.

Sorry I'm not describing it well but anyone that sews will know what I'm talking about and maybe they can explain better,

17. Elle

Elle Member

Texan,

It is hard to tell from the photo, but JonBenét's trim is much narrower than Patsy's and it isn't a well done job at all. If you are someone who does intricate work like this, you'll spot the flaws quicker than the rest of us.

Being a Senior now, I gave up the sewing many years ago, but I do know there are many different ways of attaching trim.

However, the main point here is not about "sewing" it's the actual cord we're interested in. It has been suggested that this same flat cord could be used for an artist's sling to carry a canvas. Patsy Ramsey did paint. The cord used for the garrotte
    could have been cord already in Patsy Ramsey's Art material, or her craft material.

All the "main" evidence found at this crime was material which was already in the house: The ransom note written on Patsy's notepad; the felt pen and the broken shaft of Patsy's paintbrush.

18. Spade

Spade Member

Smit

In November 1999 Ms Spade and I spent several hours with Lou and Barb Smit. Smit said that using the term garrote is misleading and that "control device" is a more accurate term to use when describing the ligature around JonBenet's neck.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Re: Smit

It's not every poster who can include Lou Smit in his post, Spade.
    As for his comments about the garrotte being a "control device"
    I think my friend Delmar England could tell him all he wants to know about this device. One look at this contraption, and Delmar knew it was a fake. If you genuinely know Lou Smit, why don't you ask him to read Delmar England's "Garrotte Analysis" which he just posted on this thread a few pages back. Better still, why don't you ask him to contact him. :)

http://www.acandyrose.com/delmarengland.htm

Delmar England has been willing to demonstrate his knowledge of the garrotte, but not one person in the investigative field for the JonBenét case has contacted him.

His letter to D.A. Mary Keenan is now on record. At least that's some achievement, although she has also chosen to ignore him.

20. ravens_tears

ravens_tears Member

IMHO:
    I don't mean to be a PIA but from what I've been researching on "garrotes" they have two uses, to kill or to control. It apparently depends on how one is fashioned and utilized... So the term really isn't misleading. It's people's misunderstanding of the term that is missleading. As well, "control device" simply doesn't sound as dangerous, deadly or menacing as "garrotte"

As I noted before, the device does fit the description of a garrotte. That it was badly fashioned does not negate what it was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice