Globe article Jan 9, '06

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JC, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Elle & JC

Yes, Elle, a woman did come out in the tabloids (can’t remember her name) confessing that she had been JR’s mistress. (I don’t remember for how long, but I think it was for a much less time span than two years.)

Now, Elle, do you bring this out because you want to stress that you think JR liked women, lessening his propensity for sex with children?

This lady was a tiny blond, child-like woman, who looked remarkably like JonBenet. She stated that she met JR through a newspaper or magazine ad for lonely hearts. He paid her way to a hotel in some city (can’t remember where) and they met there a few times, and had a sexual relationship, for a fee. She claimed that he made her dress like a child. Who remembers this? That is why the news was so sensational. Her picture in the tabloids looked eerily like JBR.

My God, I need to get a life!

Well, with all things Rammy, this lady disappeared from the scene real quick. Efforts by the news media to find her proved unsuccessful. All too soon, this story dropped off the radar scene.

Now, I remember specifically, at a news conference, a week or so after this story broke, when JR was asked about this woman. This was, IMHO, his creepiest moment. He was with Patsy, and he looked at Patsy, and then turned to the camera, in the most sheepish fashion, with this evil grin on his sorry face, all the while making it obvious that he was very pleased to be asked about this woman. (As if to let the public know that he LOVED women, not little children.) This is important enough for me to do a little research and see if I can find a copy of the tabloid and a copy of that interview. I can’t remember his exact words, but believe me when I tell you that his answer was meant not to convince anyone of his silly, child-like denial. (This being quite contrary to his PREVIOUS & SUBSEQUENT ADAMANT DENIALS OF EVERYTHING & ANYTHING CONNECTED WITH THE MURDER and/or ABUSE of JonBenet.)

I remember threads on the old JW, where this was a topic of conversation. And, I remember posting about my sickening response to John Boy’s reaction in the interview mentioned above.

JC, even Dr. Lee said that this is “NOT A DNA CASE.â€

I really do have “miles to go and much to do†before the end of this day.
    Later.

:leaf:
    :snail: (the rate this case is going) :snail: :snail: :snail:

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Kimberley.

3. Greenleaf

4. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I remembered it was Kim Ballard, Greenleaf. Jodie Roberts was the mistress of two years, during his marriage to Lucinda. In "Death of Innocence" John Ramsey denies he ever knew Kim Ballard. Chapter 17 - pages 175 - 177.

Not knowing enough about incest, I cannot really come up with enough information, but as Jay has said, fathers and brothers are often the father of their own daughter and sister's children. I have read about it in the news. Sad!
    I just didn't think of John Ramsey being in this bracket.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, all I can tell you is that men who are incestors and child predators do have sexual relationships with grown women. It's not uncommon for them to marry a woman with children, having sex with all of them.

The first time I ever heard of this was when a high school friend came to stay with me in Atlanta after we graduated. I never had any idea about what was going on with her at home, and when she told me, I was shocked, completely. Her step father molested her from the age of 11. She told her mother at age 13, and her mother reacted angrily against her. The upshot was he kept it up until she came to Atlanta, in fear for her safety for even leaving then. These pervs are very controlling. Her step father used violence and threats, as well as bizarre behavior to control her and her mother and her sister. Turned out he came from a long line of incestors, his father having molested his own sisters. All the girls who were in that family for generations were in danger, and my friend had a cousin who also went to school with us who finally disclosed to my friend she had been a victim of incest in this same family, as well.

I read Marilyn Van Durber's book Miss American By Day. It's difficult to read, emotionally, but if you want to know how a very rich, powerful, well-connected man in Colorado can be a child predator, incestor, husband and adulterer and get away with it until the day he dies, you should read it. It's an eye opener. And the damage such a person does to his victims' lives...well, it's staggering.

There's a web site where you can check out her book: MissAmericaByDay.com.

The thing is, I don't know who was molesting JonBenet. It could have been anyone in the family. It could have been Patsy giving her douches. It could have been someone trusted who was close to the family. We've discussed all of these possibilities. All I know is that the autopsy report proves she had vaginal injuries that were not new. The RST argues she could have done it to herself, bubble baths, blahblahblah. I counter that the fact that someone shoved that paintbrush up her the night she was murdered is a clear and inarguable indicator they knew she already had vaginal damage and that's what they were trying to cover up. For her to end up murdered and laid out in the basement, with a fake ransom note in the home, parents who hid from LE immediately, all evidence identified coming from the home, and oh, yeah, the perp shoved a paintbrush FROM THE HOME up her is just some coincidence coinciding with prior vaginal injuries from BUBBLE BATH...?

How much in denial does one have to be NOT to connect the prior vaginal injuries with those inflicted the night she was murdered?

So why shove that paintbrush up her? What possible reason would a perp have? And if it was the parents, HOW COULD THEY DO THAT? That was the hard one for me to figure out, and was the first hurdle I had to clear to believe the parents did this. But once I learned about the prior vaginal injuries, it made perfect sense: the reason for the paintbrush being shoved up her only makes sense if you put it in context with the previous molestation. That's what had to be covered up.

But why would anyone want to cover up something like that if it was innocent? Why wouldn't they call 911 to get medical help for the head injury? What civilized and privileged person in this country would even think of not calling for expert help in such a situation? Unless they had more to hide than an accident?

Marilyn Van Derbur says statistically, brothers are far and away the largest percentage of molesters of sisters. John Andrew was in the actual largest age category. But if you see the parallels of Marilyn and Patsy, you will be astonished. Was Patsy molested in her childhood? The thing is, the last questions asked of Patsy by Haney were...was she or were her sisters molested as children. He didn't just come up with that off the top of his head, you know.

But whoever was molesting JonBenet, I believe one or both of her parents knew and that's how the staging, complete with the garroting and the paintbrush abuse, evolved: to cover up for whoever was molesting JonBenet. I don't know what caused the head blow: an accident; an argument between siblings; an argument with Patsy or John, or both. But I do believe that once that head blow happened, the immediate concern was to keep LE from finding out that someone in JonBenet's circle was molesting her. Since that became the focus so fast, I think there is a very good chance her molestation was a boiling family topic that boiled over that night.

Oh, one more thing, and it's really sick, but as a victim advocate, I know it to be very true: some sexual predators who are also child molesters will have sex with any age or gender. They may have a preference, but often they will molest girls or boys, or have sex with adults of either gender...whoever is handy. They marry single moms with kids and molest all of them, regardless of gender.

I tell you, the things I've learned about human beings in my life...I honestly have come to believe that we are the most dangerous species on the planet.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I know who Marilyn Van Derbur is. I did see the movie, and I have also heard her speak on TV. Sad state of affairs KK. It's too sickening a subject for me, and if I could pass a law. Castration after the first attempt would be the rule.

edited to add:

I'm stunned that families can actually continue a normal life if all this incest is going on. Something ought to be done about it. Too many other technical problems are taken care of, before children.

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

And don't use a scalpel! A broken Coca-Cola bottle would be better! With no anesthesia!

8. Elle

Elle Member

I would need an army of vigilantes to do this, Punisher.

9. Niner

Niner Active Member

just received my lastest copy of NE - and in Crime Scene USA section:

"New JonBenet Evidence: Santa was her killer"

JonBenet's haunting words about a secret visit from Santa Claus are being re-examined as a new lead in the hunt for the monster who butchered {me: - butchered??} her at Christmas nine years ago.
    ...based on a stunning analysis by private investigator Brenda Sieren.
    Sieren, who has worked for 13 years for public defenders in Calif., has conducted painstaking research into the slaying... She believes the killer is a street or mall Santa who JonBenet met - and is also a hunter or trapper. Sieren sent her study to retired Co. homicide cop Lou Smit, for years a lead detective on the case. Smit found it so compelling he interviewed Sieren, then hand-delivered her info to Boulder DA Lacy.
    ...Sieren said she had always been intrigued by something JonBenet said to Barbara Kostanick, a friend's mom, on the day before she was killed.
    "Santa told me he is making a special visit after Christmas, and it's a secret," said JonBenet.
    Sieren believes that in those words, JonBenet innocently identified the man who would kill her as a Santa Claus she had encountered in the weeks before the murder.
    ... (Note: Bill McReynolds, now deceased, was ruled out as a suspect) "Bill is not the only Santa JonBenet met," said Sieren. "She was in a beauty pageant on Dec. 17 at the Holiday Inn in Denver. There was a Santa there. Her mother Patsy said JonBenet took part in caroling at a Denver mall. There was a Santa there.
    "JonBenet was in the Boulder Christmas Lights Parade just before her murder. There was a Santa at that parade. There were also Santas at the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder and in other malls in towns near her home."
    Sieren said evidence left at the crime scene suggests that the Santa killer is also some kind of trapper, outdoorsman or hunter.
    There was beaver hair found on duct tape covering JonBenet's mouth. Other dark animal hairs were found on JonBenet's hands.
    "A trapper or hunter would find it hard to remove every scrap of animal hair he gets on him," said Sieren.
    By examing photos of mold that had grown on the basdement floor Sieren also believes she has identified the murder weapon. An impression made on the mold "looks like the imprint of a pick axe tool that has a hammer head on one side and a pick edge on the other," she said.
    She found a trapper's hammer that left the same impression. And then, in more tests, she used the tool to hit objects to recreate the same gruesome head wounds as those suffered by JonBenet.
    Other trapper's tools contained the same nylon cord as that used to stangle the litt girl, she said.
    Jim Kolar, said the murder is "still an open case."

soooo... what do you all think of this Brenda Sieren's theory?? :confused:

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I've always been bothered by the Santa story - for a few reasons:-

1. It's hearsay.

2. Barbara Kostanick is a very "public spirited" type. She joins committees. She airs her views at public meetings. She gets quoted in newspapers regarding local issues. We all know the type - good sorts but can be a little over enthusiastic (or just plain pains the neck!).

3. The Ramseys were having a second Christmas in Charlevoix with the big kids. Maybe Jonbenet thought Santa was going to come twice to her?

11. Niner

Niner Active Member

now I have to agree with you here, Jayelles - about this one. I too believe that she was expecting another Santa in Charlevoix...

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Multiple Santas?

Ah, yes...the small foreign faction, who respected John Ramsey but not the company he worked for.

Which one of them wrote the ransom note? :jester:

13. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good question, Lurker. Notice ... Brenda Sieren doesn't address the pesky little detail of how the ransom note fits with her furry Santa Trapper.

And ... "Sieren sent her study to retired Co. homicide cop Lou Smit ..... Smit found it so compelling he interviewed Sieren, then hand-delivered her info to Boulder DA Lacy."

Smit found this crock "compelling" and hand-delivered the info to Lacy?

Well, beggars can't be choosers. Obviously ANY intruder will do ...

You know ... I think our one-legged, hairless, cross-gendered, pineapple-toting, beaver-dragging, alien perp invented at WebSleuths years ago might just have a chance with old Lou. Maybe I'll give him a call.

14. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Also the Charles Kurault w/film crew for the Christmas party could have been perceived as a special or "secret" visit from Santa (that fell through) during that time period.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, you got one, Elle! But yeah, it is wishful thinking!

Speaking of Marilyn Van D. A., I heard a while ago she had been asked to come in and speak to Mrs. Lacy. Never heard what came of that. I figure they must have had a good reason!

16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Sounds like another attempt to

make a bunch of things match the invisible intruder to me. I can't stop laughing about the trapper who can't get rid of the various hairs on him. I guess no amount of bathing or hand washing will evere get a trapper clean...poor soul. What kind of a poppy :(:(:(:( theory is that anyway? And the impression of a special type of axe in the cement dust on the floor? Oh my aching knees! This is really a good one! I hope that person delivers her theory to all the tabloids because that is certainly fodder for the millions who believe that stuff! Please tell me that person isn't serious.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Well, Lou Smit thought she was serious enough to find the information "compelling" and hand deliver it to Keenan-Lacy. That sounds pretty serious to me.

18. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

That is, like, so wierd-- I was just thinking that the killer had to be a fur-trapper dressed as Santa Claus. There is no other answer. Pelt after pelt was found at the crime scene.

19. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Woodsman With An Axe

Do you think Paul Bunyan could have squeezed through that basement window?

20. Greenleaf

Well, well, well...

I might have to think of creating another "intruder sketch."

From a skinny, ghost in a wet suit, with a peg leg, to a hefty woodsman, in beaver fur, with an ax LOL!! Whatever will the RST come up with?

GL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice