Google Alt True Crime

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Wolfmarsgirl

Wolfmarsgirl Member

Re: This is how i feel about Jameson.........

LOL, purr...I almost became a doctor. I realized that I would be almost 30 (GASP) by the time I actually became one. Since 30 was so old, lol, I changed my major from Biology to Poli-Sci/Psych.

Now, look where that has gotten me: I sell houses for a living. But I have done everything from being a magazine writer, to a small-time TV news reporter, to a preschool teacher... Go figure :)

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol. And, now, 30 is so young :-(

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I used to feel

compassion for people like jameson, and I still do. However, I've learned over the years that I can't let my compassion override my good sense of what right and wrong are. Jameson is a mean, vindictive person who will stop at nothing to have things her way. That is a dangerous person, and when someone is dangerous to that extent, my compassion flies out the window.

I can look at the serial killer who knew nothing but horrible abuse in his childhood. I can feel compassion for that little boy and wish things had been different for him, but I can find no mercy in me for the killer he grew up to become.

The past abuse can explain to me why someone might be the way they are, but it can't make up for the innocent lives that are destroyed by these people. It is indeed a sad state of affairs, and it hurts us all that abuse is so prevalent. That fact doesn't make me want to coddle these people when they hurt innocents, though. We have to protect society from the sociopaths, and we have to do it without faltering, or the blood of the innocent will be on our hands.

I used to read books about trials of murder suspects where the defense was the abuse the suspect suffered in his/her childhood. For a time, I was influenced by that. I thought that abuse should exempt the murderer from harsh punishment. It took me a few years to get over that.

I feel the same way about jameson and others like her. She has harmed many people with her sick actions and need for attention. I am not by nature a mean person, but I'll say it like it is, and jameson is a dangerous person, just like Bob says. I have no mercy on dangerous people. They need to be isolated from the rest of society.

3. purr

purr Active Member

wolfmar...........it is never too late.......

to become a doctor.

lots of people return to their first love.....
    their first career choice in the "later" years.

do what you are passionate about.

hey, i am returning to college this fall.
    and i will be 50 in november.

it really, really is NEVER too late.

just think what a great doctor you would make!!!!!

purr

4. Wolfmarsgirl

Wolfmarsgirl Member

Re: wolfmar...........it is never too late.......

Good for you Purr!!

I wish I had the strength, or the time, to do it. Right now, my little girl is my real career. Being a Realtor is more like just a hobby, I guess.

I am in my mid-30's....I feel so old :-( .

I ran into a lady at a closing who was an attorney. She was about 65, so I assumed she had been doing this since she was about my age. She told us all the story about how, after the kids left the nest when she was fifty-something, she went back to law school!! Now, she has grandkids and they are thrilled that grandma is an attorney!!! It seems it is never too late.

I just am worn out by my little one right now...Funny, when I taught preschool, I could handle 20+ kids like wolfkid. Now, one little girl runs me ragged.

Excellent for you, though, Purr! I love to hear stories like yours or like the story of the attorney I met. Sometimes I think that 'life,' as we know it, stops at 30, lol. It is nice to learn that it does not :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. Wolfmarsgirl

Wolfmarsgirl Member

Re: I used to feel

I know, WY, and I totally understand. I continue to hope she will not attack me. And to this day, knock on wood, she has been very mild in her responses to me.

I do feel sorry for her. But, I also feel sorry for Patsy Ramsey, who, I think, killed her own baby. I would like to give her a big hug, right before I try to convince her to confess...

I am strange that way, I guess.

6. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Re: Re: This is how i feel about Jameson.........

Indeed, it is. I went back to school at age 57 for a full year to pickup and upgrade a long time interest; namely, digital electronics. I consider it time and money well spent. In other words, go for it.

7. Wolfmarsgirl

Wolfmarsgirl Member

Re: Re: Re: This is how i feel about Jameson.........

Awesome!! That's great. I am always so amazed with people who can do exactly what you did.

My sister-in-law is completing her Master's right now and she has two little girls - the youngest is just the same age as mine. I don't know how she does it. Of course, my brother is now working from home (journalist), so he is there most of the time.

I just wish I had more time. I usually say I have 'mommy brain,' lol, and the statement is quite true. My hubby helps as much as possible, but I don't think he could handle holding down the fort during all the hours I would have to invest in school...Sigh...

Maybe when wolfkid is 18??? We could go off to school together, lol!

Oh, well...How did I knock us so far off topic anyway? Sorry about that :-( .

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

9. Elle

Elle Member

Good grief, RR, Jameson is absolutely everywhere (?).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice