Happy Valentine's Day, mates!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

What a beautiful Malamute and gorgeous cat. I'm partial to spitz breeds (like Malamutes, Keeshonds, Pomeranians, Huskies, etc.) and collies. I obviously like a lot of fur. :) We had a couple of Keeshonds for almost 13 years ... they died within six months of each other. I grew up with a collie, and my relatives had collie dogs on their farms.

2. Cherokee

Thanks, Elle, for posting furry Little in the tree. She's so cute. What I don't understand is how her weight didn't make the tree tip over. Non-furry Little must have had it nailed to the floor. LOL

Little, furry Little may be spoiled ... but then, what well-loved cat isn't? :)

3. wombat

wombat Member

Thanks for fixing my post, Moab. I had problems with attachments or I would have posted 25 cat and dog pictures, so it's probably for the best!

Elle, Raven has yellow green eyes and is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. We think he's actually a dwarf jaquar. When he had a cat door (note the past tense) he kept bringing in live birds and chipmunks. Dead ones on the doormat, live ones in the house. There were five chipmunks in one week last summer. One afternoon I turned the corner to the stairs and jumped out of my skin because a chipmunk was sitting on a tread at my eye level. I swear he waved at me.

One morning we woke up to the squawking of a red cardinal that Raven was chasing through the house.

Most of these critters got saved before the final catblow. And no more cat door.

Whisper ain't never caught a rabbit, or anything else. He is very strong and also bad. Don't get an Alaskan Malamute unless you're ready to deal with how difficult they can be - they are like wolf puppies that got big. Of course, Whisper is more of a Couch Malamute than a sled dog, but they need lots of looooonnnnggg walks, love to pull in the snow, and they can't take heat. They're very friendly, but so big that you can't let them near people or they'll knock them down, and any nip from a malamute jaw is bad news. Also, malamutes chase cats. All the time. Raven just bites the dog on the foot and runs.

We have another old cat, CeCe, who pays no attention whatsoever to any of these shenanigens. She's a purry goosh beast and sits on any lap that's available.

4. Cherokee

Thanks for posting this link, Bob. I had so much fun (and spent way too much time) scrolling back through the photos. Here I am on a deadline, and I'm clicking on cat photos like some kind of animal addict. Ooops. The truth is out.

5. Cherokee

I love that phrase "purry goosh beast." I've never heard the word "goosh" before. I think I understand its meaning from context, but I'd like to hear YOUR translation. :)

6. wombat

wombat Member

Cherokee, CeCe has, how shall I say, "over-dined". She's rather large as a result. Also, she is heat-seeking, so anyone on the sofa is fair game - she settles in next to you and purrs. And of course you have to pet her, which is where her "gooshiness" comes in. It's like one of those hand-massage ergonomic balls, whatever you call them. She's great for carpal tunnel.

True confession: We call her the wombat!

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

We're going to have to enroll Charokee into a 12 Step program for kitty addiction!!

8. Elle

Elle Member

Whisper did remind me very much of a wolf, and I have always admired them.
    So this Alaskan Malamute is more dangerous than the actual wolf itself? I am learning here. What a beautiful face he has. It's a wonder he hasn't chewed
    Raven up into small pieces. :) That's some black cat you have there. Devil cat right enough.

Purry goosh beast? Huh? Aussie language. :) Luvly! You need an engineer's salary to keep these, Wombat. :)

9. wombat

wombat Member

Well, he looks like a wolf. He's not fierce, but he will bite you bad if you try to take food away from him. He might live with humans and cats, but he thinks he's in a wolf pack. He doesn't like one person more than another.

Eskimos bred malamutes to be all-around dogs to live in the human social group - they can hunt, pull sleds, and are good babysitters for children. Whisper loves little kids, and they love him, but he can't just be loose with them because of his size and power (weighs 100lbs, can pull up to 1500 lbs.) Malamutes don't bark, but sort of go woo-woo-woo.

He's pretty, as you can see, but he's not a perfect malamute according to the AKC Standard - his ears are too big!

10. Cherokee

Yes, I'm afraid it's come to that.

"Hi, my name is Cherokee ..."

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Wombat--Raven looks like she's up to no good in that pic! She looks like she wants to torment poor Whisper!

12. Elle

Elle Member

So Whisper thinks he's in a wolf pack, Wombat? You must have studied this breed so well before you took him. This is very interesting. Oh yes, he sure is a handsome dog. I would think he could very easily stop the traffic.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice