Have No Doubt, You Are Affecting People All Over The World. Nana in Brazil

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thank you for your lovely e-mail about our wonderful FFJ community. It's amazing to think that we touch lives all over the world and never know it. But isn't that a truth of real life? We never know who is watching and listening to us, or who we are influencing, especially children and young adults.

I'm glad to meet a fellow "linguisticholic." From what I understand of your letter, you have just been lurking at FFJ and not posting. We would love to have you post with us if you have the time. Right now, FFJ does not have open membership, but we do have sponsored membership which means you can become a member if three other FFJ posters vouch for you. I know you would not have any trouble getting sponsors. In fact, I'm sure there would be a line of posters arguing over who got to be your sponsors! Just send an e-mail to the FFJ webmaster address, and we'll get you fixed up.

During the Karr fiasco, I also had a family member say things like, "So what do you think now? Karr confessed." I never waivered from my belief that Patsy wrote the ransom note, so I knew Karr's confession was false. I know what I see in the ransom note. It not just supposition, but is based on years of experience and training. I knew Patsy would not have written the RN for Karr; therefore, he was a false confessor. I was confident the facts would come out and show the Boulder DA's office for what it truly was ... a bumbling laughingstock dedicated to the exhoneration of the Ramseys no matter what the cost.

Most people have no idea how many people make false confessions in major crimes, or how many people delude themselves into thinking they are someone famous. I have done archaeology work on a structure that was part of the famous Lincoln County War which included Billy the Kid. During that time, I found out there were several people who claimed to be the Kid after he was killed. One of these was Brushy Bill Roberts, a man from Hico, TX. Brushy Bill had first claimed to be Jesse James. When that was proven to be impossible, he switched his story to claim he was Billy the Kid and had somehow escaped from Pat Garrett's bullet.

Bill Roberts wanted to BE someone famous. He wanted to be remembered for something other than being a cowhand and knowing people who KNEW famous people. Look at "Anna Anderson," the woman who claimed to be Anastasia, the daughter of Czar Nicholas of Russia. DNA has now proven her life was a charade. However, I think Anna (who was really Franziska Schanzkowska) truly believed she was Anastasia, just as Bill Roberts believed he was Billy the Kid. These people have no true inner identity, so they adopt someone else's, and usually it is someone famous.

John Mark Karr is just one more in a line of delusional people who believe what they WANT to believe about who they are, and what they've done. This kind of delusion can go the other way as well wherein a person convinces themselves they DIDN'T commit a crime they did perpetrate. (For examples, see OJ Simpson and Patsy Ramsey.) This kind of delusion protects the individual's psyche in another way.

The problem with Karr is that he was able to make a connection with Michael Tracey, Mary Lacy and Lou Smit who desperately needed someone to fit their invented intruder theory. Karr wasn't tailor-made to be that someone. His story didn't quite fit what they wanted to be the "facts" - but it was close enough, especially after several years of Tracey telling Karr what happened in the Ramsey case (according to Lou Smit) as opposed to Karr's own "confession."

The psychology of the Ramsey case is staggering. A 10-volume set of books could be written about this case and barely scratch the surface of all the plots, sub-plots, individuals, lawsuits and counter-suits, damaged lives and internet intrigue. Because each of us has been drawn to the Ramsey case and made it part of our lives, we are would be included in those books. It has defined us in ways we could never have imagined, and amazingly, given us friends the world over.

Thanks again, Nana, for reminding us that nothing we do is in a vacuum, but always affects others in an ever-widening circle.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Elle

Elle Member

Excellent and very interesting post, Cherokee. I learn something new every day, and just made it with your post tonight, with your information on Brushy Bill Roberts and Anna Anderson. Thank you.

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Nana, I'm still waiting too!

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Nan. What a sweet post. You never should have told me you were from Brazil. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you hurl yourself into the Amazon basin and start photographing wildlife for me?

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I've heard that there's an awful lot of coffee there... so that's good enough for me :)

6. heymom

heymom Member

Hey there BobC!!! Whatcha' been doin' lately?! Ain't seen hide nor hair of you for months!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Hello there BobC. What have you been up to these days? Are you still creating computer games?

8. BobC

Hi guys--I've pretty much moved on from the case for the most part. I have been in Austin doing video games for the past year, but now I am getting lured away yet again--but this time to beautiful Eugene Oregon! They flew me out last week and it was so damned beautiful I couldn't believe my eyes. I have been horribly torn about having to move again, but I've been in Texas for 15 years.

The only question is, would I still look glamorous in the Pacific NW?

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

As long as you never change, you have no worries. Glam On!

10. heymom

heymom Member

If you've managed to be glamorous in Austin, you can do it in Eugene OR. I have a dear friend who lives there. It's as liberal as Austin so you will feel right at home on that front, but MUCH smaller.

Didn't know you are a video game designer. I have a son who looks like he might want to get into that field. He's been writing his own game for the past several months now, teaching himself the languages. He's a brainiac geek to the nth degree.

11. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

If you can make it in Austin, you can make it anywhere.

Take Eugene tiger!

12. BobC

Great to hear from you guys again. Thanks to Cherokee for dredging me out of retirement ! I think I'm going to accept the Oregon offer. I feel like having an adventure.

13. AMES

AMES Member

Nana, I only have been postiing here for a few months, so I am humbled that you mentioned me in your letter. I did have a baby girl, on Nov. 16th. Her name is Summer, and she joins her two sisters, Taylor and Amber. I have my hands full.

14. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Good to see you are still alive, Bad Bob!!! I believe it is fair to say that we at FFJ have all missed your wit, charm and logic these past few months. Will you still be "gaming"? Or are you contemplating changing careers?

Alas, Nana, all my FBI "sources" on the JBR case have died, retired or changed careers (two became lawyers). Sounds a lot like the fate of the case itself, doesn't it? I am sure God will punish the guilty in the JBR case - including not just the killer.

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Hi BobC

It is so nice to see you post and say hello to all of us. Oregon is beautiful; not that I've been there but I worked with a woman who moved there and she sent pictures of her home and the scenery. Gorgeous!

Good luck wherever you go and I'm sure you'll be glamorous everywhere; once you've "got it" you never lose it :)

How's the puppy?

16. BobC

Ames--congratulations of your new daughter!

Hey Shadow--yeah I'll still be doing games. Video games have no useful purpose. They are mind-numbing, senseless wastes of time so I am the perfect man for the job. While others are curing cancer, I am rotting children's brains.

Howdy Babs!

17. BobC

Noodles is fine!

Here's how Noodles looks these days--she is a cutie

Attached Files:

18. BobC

And here's a pic of Otis. If you look in the background you will see the infamous table that certain forum member tried to shoplift when they came over a couple years ago:

Attached Files:

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Otis is doing some SERIOUS snoozing, and Noodles is as cute as ever.

We can't see the bottom of the table Bob, have you chained it to the floor? (Might want to in order to be on the safe side!)
    :floor:

20. Thor

Thor Active Member

Welcome back BobC! And Noodles & Otis look as cute as ever. Thanks for the updates.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice