Have No Doubt, You Are Affecting People All Over The World. Nana in Brazil

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Here's a ringtailed cat I found on the net. I don't know too much about them, but this one reminds me of the racoons which we see here. If I saw the back end of this cat slinking out my garden, I would have thought "racoon." :)

Attached Files:

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Elle--that's exactly what I saw!! I knew they lived here in Texas, but never saw one until last night! They aren't cats, even though they are called ringtail "cats"--they are related to raccoons. They look like little foxes and that long fluffy tail has to be seen to be believed! I could hardly be more thrilled if I'd seen bigfoot shambling out of the woods!

Voyager--I draw as well, not everything is 3d. Here's a link to some of my latest drawings if you are interested:
    http://bobcooksey.net/concept_new1.htm

Jayelles--I used to use vector based programs like Corel or Adobe Illustrator when I did t-shirt art, but since I got into doing video games those programs aren't necessary anymore. I use Photoshop for my 2D stuff and 3DSMax for my 3D work.

Hi Babs! Hi Moab! Heymom! KK! Little! Cherokee!

3. BobC

this is the cutie I saw!

This is a ringtail

Attached Files:

4. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Bob,

Here we called them ring-tailed possums and the funny thing is that my daughter sent me an email last week of a "cat found" notice which is one of these. We laughed hysterically over it. I've asked Chero to post it.

We have possums in abundance here in Oz and they are a bloody nuisance here. They run all over your roof at night and poop in the backyard.

Edited to say: I just want to add my kudos to you for your amazing artwork Bob. You are very talented. Awesome.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Here's the little wild Aussie possum ...

someone thought was a cat. I'm still laughing that the poster person was perturbed because the "cat" wasn't "housebroken"! :floor:

Attached Files:

6. Cherokee

I forgot to say ... as you can see, Aussie possums are smaller, and I think they are cuter than American possums; probably because they have fur on their tales and are not so rat-like looking.

7. Cherokee

Bob, your drawings are great, and thanks for the help in finding your Times Square graphics. I didn't see the "next" icon because it was off my margin, so I found it after I moved the page over, and then I felt stupid. Anyway, I love your Times Square designs. You are a very talented artist.

8. heymom

heymom Member

Wow, BobC, what a beautiful animal! I'm 99% sure we don't have these in Houston...I've never seen such a creature. We have the normal, ugly, rat-like American Opossums in abundance. What a great thing to see.

I wonder if you can add the graphic into one of your games somehow...maybe a ghost ringtail???

9. heymom

heymom Member

Zotto, that face looks more similar to a wombat than what our opossums look like...It's actually cute, but I'm sure they could also be problematic little rascals too. Our possums don't usually get on roofs, but they can get under your house and have their litters, and they breed pretty rapidly.

Do you think that poster was a joke? How could someone call that a "cat?"

:)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  10. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Heymom, I'm Zotto....I'd be flattered to be Zoomama and I understand the confusion, considering all the wonderful things she does with animals, but she's the real deal helping them, I just get Chero to post funny emails about them LOL!

I did wonder if someone was taking the Mickey, but I'm not sure. There really are people out there who might think a possum is a cat. I have to confess that I've seen plenty walking on my fence at dusk and I've had to look really closely at them to see whether it is a possum or a cat...they really do move in a similar way and with their fur and fluffy tails here, it's not an unreasonable initial mistake....I DID say INITIAL LOL! Any moron who captures one would realise pretty quick smart they are wild!!!

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The same way that some people can call the Ramseys innocent. :wnut:

12. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

What an interesting thread!

Bob, that ring tail is not what I saw...After looking at your picture (amazing animal!)....What I saw did not have that thick of a tail and was really more cat-like...probably larger in build than what your picture indicates....Lucky you to have gotten a glimpse of this baby! I do so love seeing animals in the wild...

Once when Mr. V. and I were on our way coming home after vacationing in Teluride CO about 20 miles out of Teluride on that winding highway through rugged mountainous country and tall pines, a very large Mexican Grey Wolf, jumped out of a ravine and ran accross the highway about 30 ft. in front of us. He had a beautiful heavy winter coat and looked so healthy....Gorgeous animal!

And yes, I know my wolves as my son studies them and has showed me many a picture...Though he did say that this Mexican Grey Wolf was pretty far north as far as habitat for this type of wolf.

I viewed your website Bob and am just blown away by not only your artistry skills but your imagination is absolutely wild! If I saw some of those characters in my dreams, it would scare the beeejesus out of me! :) Can't imagine how you put those characters and that amazing scenery together....Where does it all come from?!

Zotto (we will just call you the OTHER Z PERSON!) Hey!
    How funny that they thought that little guy was a cat...If they behaved at all, I would love to have one of those adorable little guys...Too cute!

Voyager

13. BobC

Zotto--what you have in Australia is not the same animal. Yours is a marsupial, but our ringtail cat is a regular mammal related to a raccoon.

Voyager--what state do you live in? If the animal you saw had a long tail, it wasn't a bobcat. Bobcats have a bobbed (short)tail. When I lived in Lewisville (30 minutes north of Dallas) I was sitting in my office and two large bobcats walked right by my office! They were so beautiful.

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I keep hearing people mention Photoshop. What I'd really like to be able to do is convert a bitmap line to a vector line. Corel always converts it to a filled area and it's annoying for me.

15. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, I phrased it badly BobC, I realise of course that they are completely different animals, it just struck me that they looked similar and of course someone here mistook ours for a cat.

16. Little

Little Member

How fortunate for you that you had the chance to see bobcats that up close and personal BobC. When in the mountains (here in PA) I have seen only 2 and they truly are beautiful creatures. I love those mountain journeys but don't get there nearly often enough.

Your art work is absolutely amazing BobC. You have a wonderful gift.

Little

17. heymom

heymom Member

:rolling:

18. Nana

Nana Member

Glad to know my Christmas e-mail to Tricia and all of you resulted in a membership of your great forum and brought back some people to post some news! It all meant so much to me, believe me.

Jay, you didn't need to apologize about the Portuguese grapes! I just mention the fact because I was took by surprise, the situation doesn't sound like Jay at all, but we all do things, make decisions all day long, and we can't be right all the time. That's part of the human nature. Thanks for your words, and now it's my time for me to apologize to you. Please don't get me wrong.

KK, I remember the "quarrel" between you and Jay, and it wasn't a good thing to "watch"! I wanted to interfere at the time, because I knew you liked each other. Good thing it is all in the past, and I couldn't agree more with you about any family's dynamic: we have our disagreements but by the end of the day we're still a family.

Rashomon: I really like your analysis too. I know you're not American, but you write very well, it's easy to understand you your points of view. Thanks for the reply.

Sabrina: I gave up my candidacy to support Barack, you know? (LOL).

BobC: I'd love to hurl myself into the Amazon Forest, I love the wildlife too! I wish I could have known Steve Irwin personally. The problem is, I live far away from there, in the countryside. in the bottom state of Brazil, which is Rio Grande do Sul. Another place you'd love is the Pantanal Matogrossense, a huge wildlife sanctuary in Brazilian center-west region. Google it, you will fall in love with the place. Your work is simply awesome, what a talent!

Ames, congratulations for your baby girl! I know exactly what are you talking about: my boys are 23, 24 and 25! And at that time, disposable diapers were a luxury, but I miss that time of absolute mess! Like I said to Heymom, in a blink of an eye you'll be dealing with your SIL!

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to thank all of you, even the ones I didn't mention. I'm reading the posts to catch up (I'm a few threads behind)and finally be able to post my opinions about the case.

Wishing you all the best

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  19. Elle

Elle Member

Hi Nana,

Received your message, thank you! I have already sent you an e-mail. :imonline:

Welcome to FFJ board. :rose:

Elle

20. Little

Little Member

Welcome welcome welcome Nana!! I'm so happy to see you here. Pull up a chair and sit a while :)

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice