Henry Lee Starting page 177

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Aug 21, 2004.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Confirms that Smit started watching the R's house for them.

2. BobC

aahhh now we are talking Jameson! I knew she'd slither onto these pages

3. BobC

Says Jameson was repeatedly posting info which had never been made public-

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Does he speculate how she might have received that information?

5. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Oh, probably from Candy, since she is the know-it-all, be-all in the case.

Bwahhahahahahaha

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Why, yes. Yes, I do think that. She may need to take a vicodin and put it sock in it, too.

I'm wanting to know when if he clears Burke.

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Whoa,::shocked2Go Dr. Lee!! This is the uncensored version, and I LIKE what I've heard so far. Finally somebody cleared up the actions of the DA's office, why they didn't arrest Patsy for the note even though they knew she wrote it; the walls are slowly crumbling and I'll just bet Mr. Lee is waiting to rake in the $$ he's gonna make for being the first to reveal groundbreaking NEW facts; I only see this as okay because his book is very low-pro about the case, no promises of new information, just the facts!

Bombshell after bombshell, even when I do get this book (Monday) it won't be as fun to read. I don't think I could be as thorough and as entertaining as the Fabulous BobC has been; these two threads are so important for everyone to read.

I sincerely believe Fabulous should be up there somewhere by his username, he really is a generous person to offer all of this to us while we wait to get the book ourselves; thanks very much BobC.:bowdown:

8. Barbara

I too, would like to hear his opinion on Burke.

9. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Bobc Rocks!

I do hope you got that poodle pin, Bob, and are wearing it proudly! LOL

Thor, I would agree, except THIS case needed to be solid, extremely persuasive and air-tight to take it up against Haddon's defense strategies. It wasn't at the time AH submitted it to the GJ, and the worldwide attention it was drawing make it a friggin' circus to say the least.

We've had a really good lookey-loo into how the Haddon law firm represents its clients in court ala the Kobey Bryant case. I remember the Eagle Co. prosecutor standing there in front of cameras and press so confident that his case against Bryant was not only solid but highly prosecutable. Look what Haddon's influence and strategies have done to that case. They would have had much more than a field day with the Ramsey case had it gone to trial back then. And double jeopardy rules would have applied once the case was trashed. The Rs would have gotten away scot-free forever more instead of remaining under the umbrella to this day, still available for prosecution.

I believe it was very sad but wise judgment to defer charging the Ramseys back then. Time has a way of resolving all things, and this case will be no exception. That's why there's no statute of limitations on homicide.

Dr. Lee's book should help resurrect the case in the media and is well timed with regard to the Fox case and upcoming elections. Slowly, I've been seeing a turn of the worm, and this is the next bend.

Hazaaaah! :bigstick:

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

While Hunter may have been justified in holding off on indicting the Ramseys because of the double jeopardy rule and knowing he couldn't get a conviction then, that doesn't excuse his actions in helping to trash the case. As much as someone likes to blame ST for "leaking," it was Hunter himself who leaked like a freaking sieve to the tab reporters. It was Hunter who denegrated one of the detectives on the case, and it was Hunter who thought it was okay for him to settle personal scores using the power of his office - case in point, Fleet White and the Nancy Krebs scam.

He is as guilty of putting the screws to this case as anyone, IMMSO.

11. Barbara

For me, as the DISTRICT ATTORNEY, I hold such an office to a higher standard than the other players and he is more guilty than the others, because of his position.

It's a miracle that ANY of the players stayed legit and on the up and up, when their own DISTRICT ATTORNEY leaked like a sieve and was up to his eyeballs in corruption (his own)

I can understand how ST got frustrated enough to do the things he did. I will always be thankful that he and he alone opened all our eyes to what was going on during the investigation on the inside

If not for him, the spin 8 years later would be incredible! (believe it or not, it coulda been worse)

I'm so glad that Dr. Lee took this first step in renewing our interest and discussion with more than our own opinions. :sunny:

He makes me feel vindicated that at least, if we are all wrong about the Ramseys, we are in good company. But, back to reality: he and we are NOT wrong. We'll just never know the details it seems.

I'm so refreshed that he is discrediting so much of the spin that I'm not even gonna let myself get annoyed at those who will try to make this ugly

This is our time guys! LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY AND LET THEM FALL REALLY REALLY HARD!

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I missed so much! Updated the weather bug and stupid virus shut my pc down...hate hubby's computer. He's a foot taller than I and I can't sit in his tall chair. Have to stand up to use it, then couldn't log in. Just waited till hubby came home to fix mine and did shopping (ick) and chores in the meanwhile.

BobC thanks soooooo much for the book reviews! I remember a lot of the things like Patsy going to the cop station to complain how pasta jay was treated and yet refused to give the cops an interview to help find her killers daughter.

But Lee stating his 'doubts' about the Ramseys!!! I don't remember him ever expressing his opinions so strongly!

This has got to be a HUGE embarrassment for the Rams, Jams (note how conviently hir is busy) and Woodman himself!!!

13. Show Me

What WY said!!!

Hunter put the case in jeopardy from the beginning...he was protecting his buddy Haddon and their incestious circle. Hunter was more worried he was going to get his own skin into trouble than serving justice to an innocent murdered child.

I hope JonBenet's ghost haunts Hunter in his dreams!

14. Show Me

This is something new to me...that and the fact Lee said Burke's voice was on the tape!!!!

15. BobC

Hey guys

They have a Bass Pro Shop here and I just spent two hrs snooping through fishing lures! YAY! They even have a thing that's like a soda machine but instead of giving you a soda it gives you live bait! AWESOME! I feel more manly than ever after that trip! It's the first time I ever actually wanted to go shopping!

Anyway the chapter kinda ends with a thud. Don't get too excited over him naming Burke as a suspect--he named about fifty people as suspects!

Well to cut a long story short he doesn't know what happened that night, but the whole intruder thing barely even rates a mention by him at the very end Lee says maybe it was rough horseplay that accidently killed her, or maybe an accident like she got pushed down the stairs, or maybe an argument escalated. The last thing he says is a possiblity is a sexual predator but you can tell he was just being generous.

What's important here is that this book marks the end of the Wood propaganda routine. Hats off to Lee and his publisher

16. Show Me

Yep, you are right Bob...end of the Woody stinkin' era and the beginning of...dare I hope?

17. BobC

Don't count on it Show Me. It's long over. HL is quite clear that this case isn't going anywhere. But just the fact that this book got published at all says a lot. The facts of this case have not changed.

By the way Lee explains that FW was not given his police statements because Hunter thought it might compromise him as a witness. Of course he doesn't really explain why the R's got theirs however. This book is really telling Hunter's side guys and it does make him a more sympathetic figure. Lee doesn't bash anybody but Eller really comes off bad--almost incompetent. I've always wondered why Eller never said one word about anything this whole time. I have heard that he won't even talk about this case with friends--doesn't even want to hear about it.

The book also shows how smart the Ramseys were at getting the cops and DA at each others' throats, and the role the intense media scrutiny played too. But the end result is that the cops not securing that crime scene right away was the biggest mistake of all.

oh and here's another thing: at one point some of Ramsey's legal team went to Hunter privately and listed how much money Ramsey lost due to being under that "umbrella of suspicion"--and how he is basically unemployable because of it. Hunter felt it was a vieled threat that they were going to sue the city. I remember posting about that exact thing a few days ago. I think Keenan's remarks about an intruder were part of a not so subtle deal struck with the Ramseys. Reading this book, it's easy to see how this mess could have bankrupt a small town like Boulder had it gone on much longer. My sense is, from talking to my friends who were around the case when it was hot, is that having the case just quietly go away would be a godsend.

but at least the Ramsey's con job is over. They didn't get the last word.

I can answer questions if you want

18. DocG

DocG Banned

Yeah, the BPD, the DA, lots of people messed up. The case could have been solved very quickly, seems to me, if the investigators had been tougher on the Ramseys (as they were with Linda Pugh and her husband).

HOWEVER:

If the case had been solved right away, then what would have become of US? Would there ever have been a: BobC, Elle1, Sylvia, Jayelles, Barbara, Greenleaf, Lacey, Jameson, Margoo, DocG, etc.?

We are such stuff as this case is made on and our little life is rounded with a deep dark secret.

19. BobC

I'd have found something else to revolve my whole foolish self around Doc!

20. Elle

Elle Member

Bob,
    I remember Steve Thomas being appalled when he found out the Ramsey's previous interviews were actually given to them in good time to rehearse for the next one. It looks as though the RST twisted Hunter's arm.

Someone out there has to be writing a book about this corruption in Boulder. I'm amazed no one from the Goverment stepped in and put a stop to the RST's tactics, when they saw what was taking place (?). Isn't this the way the Mafia operates?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice