How very Boulder - If you have the money, honey, it isn't a crime.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Nov 19, 2007.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Deu 27:17

Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Amen.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I've been reading some of the comments made by Boulderites on the Daily Camera web site, and apparently, the land grab by the McLean & Stevens has nothing to do with their alleged "path" through the land. There is no path as evidenced by GoogleEarth and the fact that the Kirlins never saw them use it.

The real reason McLean & Stevens stole the land from the Kirlins is that the Kirlins were getting ready to put up stakes to build an addition to their house, and that addition was going to obstruct McLean's & Steven's VIEW of the Flatirons. SO, McLean & Stevens went straight to their friendly neighborhood good-ol-boy judge and used the adverse possession law to STEAL the land as well as take out a restraining order on the Kirlins with whom they have had no contact in 25 years. McLean & Stevens never offered to buy the land or even say "boo" to the Kirlins. The first time the Kirlins knew their land was no longer their land was when they received the court order.

McLean & Stevens KNEW they had the political backing to screw the Kirlins, but they have the confidence that all well-connected and politically powerful Boulderites have, that they will prevail over any honest citizen who gets in their path. McLean & Stevens also KNEW the adverse possession law was never intended to be used as they have used it to STEAL what was rightfully their neighbor's land, but that didn't stop them because a VIEW of the Flatirons means more to them than morality and ethics. How very Boulder of them.

As one person commented, be careful if your neighbor's cat or dog crosses over your land in Boulder. The next thing you know, your neighbor can claim they own the "path" their pet used, and you've lost your front yard.

I think we can add a new word to the public lexicon. We can safely say that if you've suffered an immoral injustice - especially at the hands of politically-connected lawyers, DAs and judges - you've been "Boulderized." To be Boulderized is to be screwed, legally.

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

From Cherokee

I think we can add a new word to the public lexicon. We can safely say that if you've suffered an immoral injustice - especially at the hands of politically-connected lawyers, DAs and judges - you've been "Boulderized." To be Boulderized is to be screwed, legally.

Or you've been McCleaned out.

JC: Amen!

4. Little

Little Member

LOL - great term Cherokee.

I wonder if we can find something fitting for Judge James Klein who granted his good pal's wish to have free land. What was he thinking??!!!!

I like your term too Show Me - "McCleaned" out LOL.

Little

5. Little

Little Member

Seems this judge has a pattern

Read entire article here - source: http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/nov/28/another-case-of-land-claim-by-former-boulder/

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, let me think...Boulder judges and lawyers...CORRUPT? :eek: WHAT A SHOCK!! WHAT A SURPRISE!! ::shocked2

Oh...wait...BOULDER judges and lawyers. :spit: They have to have a specialty degree IN CORRUPTION to practice there, don't they? :yes:

7. Little

Little Member

I just don't get it KK, then again there are many items on the list of things that Little just doesn't get.

Doesn't it seem like the people whose land is being compromised should be given some written warning to make sure that everyone is aware of a suit like this? If you are being sued it seems like you should know about it. Maybe they were told, I don't know, but it seems like they were blindsided (to put it nicely). I guess it really does come down to who you know. If they were paying taxes on the land then that should be proof of ownership.

Maybe they can go after the judge in question for the money they put into this property. Hmmm, no, that won't work because the judge in question knows the judge in question. Heck - they got screwed and I'll bet they didn't even get kissed first.

Little

8. Show Me

You crack me up KK! lol

From the article:
    In the case that's brought so much attention to adverse possession, Stevens and McLean said they crossed the Kirlins' property nearly every day to access their own land and said they cut weeds, trimmed trees and put a woodpile on it. They said they also used the property for entertaining, gardening and parties — so much so that other neighbors assumed the land was theirs.

It's called squatter rights to the judge. The neighbors were being nice and not raising a fuss, so judge squats on the neighbors land until the neighbor has had enough and wants to build on his property. Then judge says to himself and wife: 'Hey we can legally STEAL this property, enough time has passed, we had Parties and other neighbors saw us use the land so let's go get us some FREE land! To heck with the nice neighbors who let us use it all these years. Finder's keepers, losers weepers.'

If I mowed, partied and planted trees on my neighbor's property it's called TRESPASSING plain and simple...and if I take them to court to STEAL their land it's called STEALING.

The neighbors ought to have called the cops on the thieving judge and his thieving wife, years ago, and saved themselves this misery.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

No kidding. Once again, no good deed goes unpunished.

The Kirlins paid the property taxes every year and had the lot mowed and sprayed. IF McLean and Stevens DID cut a couple of weeds or snip off a tree branch (and I'm saying IF because thieves can't be trusted to tell the truth), the Kirlins probably never noticed. They SURE didn't realize it meant McLean & Stevens would eventually steal the land. Putting a woodpile on a neighbor's land doesn't mean anything except they're being nice enough to let you get away with rude and bullying behavior.

I am sick and tired of the rich getting away with EVERYTHING in Boulder. Murder, child abuse, land-stealing, what's next? The possibilities are endless.

10. Little

Little Member

Judge denies request to take 9 more inches from Kirlins

Don't you just wonder how people can become this arrogant? I mean really - they already stole a big chunk and wanted more - unbelievable but really oh so Boulder.

11. Show Me

I want to hear a comment from the THIEVING judge!

Not satified with STEALING over one third of the neighbors property, who bought the land, paid the taxes etc...this CORRUPT judge wants more of his neighbors land!

The judge is crooked IMO, and was probably bought by rich criminals when he was a judge. His real personality is showing through!!!

Ridiculous....this story really ought to be on some talking head show.....when's Nancy coming back? Where's Greta?

12. Little

Little Member

I agree Show Me. In the category of working the system and the height of arrogance this highlights the worst of the worst.

Little

13. Little

Little Member

Landowner says she and husband feeling 'pretty beleaguered'

I sure don't blame people for being upset over this, however, IMO McLean & Stevens are guilty only of being exceedingly greedy, self centered, and exploiting an existing archaic law and legally stealing from their neighbors.

LOL, no doubt your "friends" are rethinking whether or not they should trust you anymore.

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

They are just downright disgusting.

That piece of land is going to cost them more than they bargained for...and I think they deserve everything they get!

15. Show Me

It's amazing...no matter how the judge and his wife try to justify their THEFT of their neighbors land, it's still stealing. Coveting thy neighbors land and stealing it.

I pray the neighbors get their land back and the Judge and his wife are cut by their 'supporters'. I'd be ashamed to support a greedy man and his wife who tries to steal his neighbors property....I hope the supporters realize this is what they are supporting.

Hey supporters...maybe the judge has his eyes on something YOU own and he WANTS. You may be the next victim!

16. Show Me

For some reason Jingle Bells kept playing in my mind. A brief summary.

Legal Theft, Criminals Take Note

Don and Susie had a dream,
    To build upon their land.
    Was putting up a fence,
    When things got out of hand.

Neighbor Judge McLean
    Used his connected powers.
    Got a restraining order,
    In two and one half hours.

Dick told the Kirlins they can't,
    Build on their own property.
    Cause Dick and Edith wanted,
    To take their land for free.

The Kirlins paid the tax,
    insurance, fees and such.
    They paid tax to Boulder,
    Who said thank you very much.

But this is not your land,
    At least not anymore.
    We've given it to the guy
    and his wife next door.

McLeans trespassed many years,
    Unbeknownst to you.
    You should have somehow stopped them,
    Though you had no clue.

Edith told her hubby,
    With a greedy pout.
    We've squatted long enough,
    It's time we MCleaned them out.

We've mowed and threw a party,
    Made a path and planted.
    We deserve to have this land,
    The Kirlins took for granted.

The Kirlins lost a third,
    of the land they bought.
    No longer can they build,
    On too small of a lot.

Then back to court they went,
    Can't stop the greedy grinches.
    Tell me quick who doesn't want a Dick
    To have nine more inches?

Adding insult to injury,
    Dick and Edith got a thrill.
    Demanding the Kirlins,
    Pay their lawyer's bill.

This is Boulder justice,
    When the judge's your buddy.
    You can legally steal,
    And never pay any money.

Dick and Edith are now worth,
    Three hundred thousand more grand.
    The Kirlins are much poorer,
    Fighting for their land.

Dick and Edith got away,
    With their evil scheme.
    Yet Edith wails all day,
    Why are people so mean?

The Citizens are outraged,
    McLean said he got the short stick.
    He wanted the whole lot,
    Because he is The Dick.

Boulderites are mad,
    Fences will go up.
    The only way, to keep out they say,
    Judges who're corrupt.

17. Little

Little Member

Show Me - you missed your calling!!!!!

OMG Show Me that is absolutely hilarious - in a sad but true kind of way!!!

You covered it all.

I was thinking about the grand lady Stevens saying she thought their ??former?? friends would trust them but I'll be not one person would ask her to watch their purse or wallet or let her borrow their car let alone baby-sit their kids or pets. Heaven help the person who would be crazy enough to let them house-sit.

Little

18. heymom

heymom Member

Then back to court they went,
    Can't stop the greedy grinches.
    Tell me quick who doesn't want a Dick
    To have nine more inches?

That was FUNNY, Show Me!! I like that verse the best, but it's all great. Have you been taking lessons from Greenleaf or Little??

:bow: :bow:

19. Show Me

They are my role models!

20. Little

Little Member

I would LOVE to create a (loony)toon about this one but I'm afraid I couldn't get it past the censors :)

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice