How very Boulder - If you have the money, honey, it isn't a crime.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Little

Little Member

How to take advantage of the fruits of other's labors 101

You can listen to the report here:

2. Little

Little Member

3. Little

Little Member

McLean: Mediation failed

Question...if the McLean/Stevens ploy works can they then turn aound and sell the property?

Little

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Only to another buddy judge.

Seriously the land thieves thought the offer of a pittance of 5 thousand dollars was plenty, especially when it renders the rest of the Kirlins million dollar lot worthless?

Talk about extremely self centered and selfish...look it up in the dictionary you find Dick and Edith pictured there.

5. Little

Little Member

Honestly Show Me, this has me shaking my head in disbelief - geeze louise! So, they are very very upset that the Kirlins actually wanted to keep their own property! Imagine that.

I don't think you can "become" this stupid - I think is has to be something you are born to the bone with - by that meaning McLean and Stevens.

6. Little

Little Member

read entire article here - source: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/19/stevens-kirlins-offered-access-300000/

7. Show Me

Totally freakin' unreal! From the article little snips...read Edie and Dick try to rationalize their trespassing, coveting their neighbors property and theft.
    -----------
    A Boulder couple who was awarded a portion of their neighbors' property in October said that before they took the case to court, Don and Susie Kirlin offered them access to the land for about $300,000, the couple's attorney confirmed Wednesday.

"That was so outrageous," Edith Stevens told the Denver Post this week. "The negotiations ended there."

----------

Stevens told the Denver Post this week that she and her husband didn't want the Kirlins' land until the Kirlins started building a fence blocking access to their path."If we had wanted to take their property, we could have filed for it in 2000," Stevens told the Post. "We didn't make that claim until they started building a fence that would have cut us off from our property."

Susie Kirlin said she doesn't believe Stevens and McLean didn't want their land.

"If she doesn't want it, we'd sure like to have it back," Kirlin said.

---------------

How can the Kirlins OWN property cut off the judge and wife's property? Dick and Edie own only their property so why don't they just stay on their own property? The Kirlins have every right to fence in their OWN property and no spin from these thieves will make it anything but theft.

Dick and Edie's reputations are in shreds and it's their own faults, not the Kirlins.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Little wrote:

Whose running your country, Little?

9. Little

Little Member

:floor:

Well, it's this way Elle. Every once in a while the inmates pull off a hostile takeover and get to run the asylum. It requires a group effort to put them back into their straight jackets.

Little

10. Little

Little Member

McLean, Stevens claim hope for 'peace'

read entire story here - source: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/23/adverse-possession-mclean-stevens-claim-hope-for/

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What differences? Your land is now OURS? Seems pretty cut and dried, to me. THIEVES.

12. Show Me

One of the comments a poster made was Newsweek is getting ready to run a story on the land grabbers.

Hah!!! If this is true, you'll see the 'good ol' boys' network exposed....like the incredible 2 and one half hour restraining order...against the land owners by the thieving neighbors!

What an article that will make.

13. Little

Little Member

Song lyricist lampoons land dispute

I remember this guy

14. Show Me

Kirlins file appeal...yeah!

Take that Sonny Flowers...the 'dumb and ignorant' little people who didn't understand the ancient rarely used law are in your face and filing an appeal. Remember Sonny you were going to explain the adverse posession law to us, except you finally admitted you didn't understand it at all yourself....yet you expected the Kirlins to completely understand the law and everyone who disagrees with you.

Is this guy Sunny Flowers, really a lawyer, or a gardener? You know, shoveling up the muck?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7938918

Don and Susie Kirlin filed an appeal Thursday to reclaim about a third of their Boulder lot, which a neighbor won in October in a high-profile land dispute.

15. Little

Little Member

'Adverse posession' law to be overhauled

This is a good thing :)

16. Show Me

From the article above:

"The case revealed some existing problems with the law, and this is a chance to fix it," Levy said.

Levy, who said she had "a lot of input" in the bill, also acknowledged that she spoke with McLean and Stevens about the piece of legislation before it was drafted.

"(McLean and Stevens) are aware this bill is coming out," Levy said. "I was not seeking feedback; they did not give me feedback."

She said she could not recall the details of the conversation and declined to talk about her friendship with the couple.

hahahahaaaa.....Miz Levy, who DEFENDED Klein's decision to award the land to HER friends M/S, is running scared!

Oh my the unwashed masses will vote her sorry behind out of office....poor little Miss Levy, the masses have stopped drinking her koolaid.

Wonder what Levy's former secretary Edie thinks of this? Oh yeah....M/S has already STOLEN the land from the Kirlins.

Funny Claire can't recall her conversation with M/S! Does Colorado really need another absent minded politician....or shall I say one with a Convient memory?

17. Show Me

Another funny Claireism from the article.....

On Friday, Levy said she attached her name to the proposed bill because she does not want adverse possession to be used in the "wrong way, by somebody who's deliberately trying to take someone else's property."

She declined to say whether she thought that happened to the Kirlins, who earlier this week filed an appeal in their case.

----------------

Levy didn't decline to say.....she 'forgot'. Remember she doesn't recall what she spoke about to her friends M/S.

I hope the folks of Colorado never forget this betrayal of regular citizens for the financial benefit of her friend Edie...and ask questions, lots of questions of Levy on this subject. Don't let her forget her way out of it.

Bad Claire! Bad! Bad!
    :bigstick:

18. Show Me

Don Kirlin testifies before Colorado House Judiciary Committee!

http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/feb/07/land-grab-law-closer-to-being-changed/

"The bill seeks to modify the law to require that an adverse possessor believe in "good faith" that theland is actually his or her own. It also would raise the burden of proof in an adverse-possession case and give judges the power to make adverse possessors pay for any land they are awarded."

---------

Won't help the Kirlins, hopefully the Kirlin's will get a judge who isn't friends with Mclean....one who is actually impartial.

Still no comment from Dick and Edie. (Maybe they are too busy plotting to take over half the yard of the other neighbors. If I were the other neighbors I'd be busy checking out my backyard for strange newly hoed trails.)

19. Little

Little Member

Story - McLean, Stevens dispute new evidence
    By Heath Urie
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 source:http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/feb/14/land-suit-review-mclean-stevens-dispute-new/

Best quote?
    Little

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

McLean and Stevens are outraged?!!

Unfreakinbelieveable! They are the ones who stole the land, and THEY are outraged? What kind of unimagineable hubris is this?

And McLean and Stevens are "tired of having their character questioned?" Well, isn't that too bad. When you pull the kind of dirty trick they did, and people see it for what it is, there's going to be some hell to pay. Obviously, they thought they'd make their little land grab, have their judge friend made it legal, and that would be all she wrote. McLean and Stevens never counted on their greediness and misuse of law to become national headlines or that their actions would make people loathe them and their high-handed thievery.

McLean and Stevens got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and now they don't like the consequences. Well, I see their outrage and raise it to extreme and apocalytic indignation. They need to be run out of town on a rail, and even that is too good for them. If they want outrage, I've got plenty for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice