Hurricane Charley:North Captiva Island ground zero

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Show Me, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I too, am praying for RR along with all the other families in Florida.

RR,

We need to hear from you

2. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Delmar's out there too!
    Please check with us Delmar, we need you to let us know you are okay.

RiverRat, her family and Delmar are in my thoughts, I'll keep checking throughout the day.

I hope everybody's safe, natural disasters are so devastating.
    Charley is no exception. I've heard the fatality toll is anywhere between 13 and 15 depending on the news outlet, the damage estimates (very rough, and early) were looking at $26 Billion.

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

River Rat is Safe!

Another poster was able to contact RR's relative, who gave the good word that RR and her girls are fine, although her house sustained some damage.

Just thought everyone here on the public forum would like to know.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Lurker for the report on RR! Glad to hear she and her family is safe!

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Lurker!

Now can anyone tell me where the Daily is?

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thank God, those are good words. I'll be glad to learn Easywriter is ok, too.

7. Show Me

Didn't know Easywriter was in peril....nice to hear he is alive.

I was watching some clearer helicopter video, the islands look awful! I think a road has disappeared on Captiva....I remember how narrow the strip of land was.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Delmar is okay! :)

I was pleased to hear Delmar was okay. He is tired from all the clean-up with still a lot to do, and is having a rest. He had the experience of seeing a flying tool shed among other things. Don't think I want to look out my window and see something like that. :-(

9. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Elle.....

Thanks for letting us know of Delmar's welfare! So glad he is OK....was the damage really bad in Sebring or just a mess from the high winds? Did his home sustain any damage?

I do hope that Delmar, himself, will check in and give us a report about he, his family, and his small town....And Lordy! I do hope the hurricane season is over for these folks....enough already....

Great news about the survival of our posters and their families, property can always be replaced over time, as long as their computers are still functioning eh? :).....
    Voyager

10. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Praying that Earl loses momentum or moves away from land and very happy our posters road out Charley OK. Property is replaceable but Y'All are not.

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

We are very relieved nothing came through your front window, too, EW, and that your roof stayed on. Now if only Danielle and Earl stay away from Florida altogether. Predictions for Earl are that it may take somewhat the same path Charley took. This is not good news for you Floridians.

13. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Delmar....

So glad that you checked in.....now we know that your computer is up and that you can be here with us....yep WY, let's get busy :bee: :bee: with the prayers while Earl is still spinning his wheels out in the gulf....no one needs another one of these babies!

Knowing that the hurricane was headed your way must have just been terrifying Delmar, and seeing things fly by your windows certainly does make one feel insecure....don't know if I could deal with that sort or anxiety or not....guess you just do what you have to eh? Guess I might consider a long vacation elsewhere during hurricane season! LOL....

Seriously though, Delmar, we are very thankful that you are OK except for being worn out from the clean up and will be here to keep our debates lively again.....Welcome back!

Voyager

14. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

15. Thor

Thor Active Member

So glad you're ok Delmar. Hopefully, you'll be up & running in no time with your water heater.

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

EasyWriter

So glad you checked in with us, and that you are OK. The enormity of the damage is just now being realized. I worry about all the people in the back country, where, I hear, supplies have not gotten through yet.

I'm amazed you were able to get on your computer so soon.

17. Show Me

Good news so far, you are all safe.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Didn't I tell you the other posters were asking about you, Delmar. Isn't it nice to be loved?

Voyager, Your wish was granted. Delmar checked in. Don't you wish all your other wishes could be granted that fast? :)

Welcome back, Delmar! Hope your insurance covers your flying shed! :)

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'll be glad when RiverRat is back. Any comforting news on RR's situation? No electricity, no running water - I hate it when that happens.

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I suspect RR will be checking in as soon as she gets power turned back on. Since she hasn't checked in, yet, I'm assuming she is still without power.

Bummer. :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice