Hurricane Charley:North Captiva Island ground zero

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Show Me, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I'm praying for RR to get electricity back! Hot with super humidity and no air conditioning! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I remember one year, when my oldest was a toddler, we didn't have power for a week due to an ice storm...fortunately we had gas heat at the time. Others had to shelter in gymnasiums, churches and so on.

We were lucky, some were without power, during one of the coldest winters in Missouri, for over 2 weeks. How we missed tv!

RR...you are a tough lady! I really hope you and your family aren't suffering too much. It takes more than a mere category 4 hurricane to defeat our Riverrat.

And you too Delmar and any other poster who's suffered from the hurricane.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

And the Rat Came back........

To post another day!

This place and it's beautiful people are a sight for sore eyes. And arms, legs, arse and mind.

The Ratty family is safe, misplaced, but safe. My little town is gone. It's crushing to see the pain everywhere you look but this is one of those If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger moments in life.

Sorry Candy.

I have a generator now so I can peak in this Ray of Hope off and on. Delmar, didn't know we were neighbors! Let me know if you need anything and when we can do lunch after this calms down.

I have to make my time on-line count before the gas runs out so someone tell me........did they arrest the Ramseys yet?!

Love Forever and Ever,
    RR

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

OMG, Rat, I am so glad to see you. Are you getting enough to eat? Do you have clean water? I can't wait until your power comes back on. We all really really miss you, darlin.

No, the Ramseys are still free. You will be interested to know Candy's on a rampage again against FW. Same ole same ole.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Glad to see you back Rat, even though a misplaced! Stay safe and take care!

Sorry but have to disappoint you...(is it disappointing?)....nope none of the Ramseys are arrested.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Rr

Anyday I'd rather read that you and yours are well and safe than :del: has been arrested! jc

6. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

7. Elle

Elle Member

River Rat. Pleased to hear you are safe and sound. That lunch date with Delmar.
    State the date and save two places for another two people. Peggy Lakin (Little and I). We want to have lunch with Delmar too! Only we have to catch a plane first. Wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

So glad you are both safe!

8. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Yeah RR!

We are all soooo glad to know that you and your family are OK and that you are remaining optimistic while facing the daunting job of clean up and recovery there in your little town....It must be terribly hard to wake every morning and face all of that devastation and to see the distruction of the homes of your friends and family....It does appear that God was there to hold RR and daughters in his hand though and for that we are enormously thankful!

Welcome home RR,
    Voyager

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Glad to hear you're okay, RR. Delmar, too. Your neck of the woods really got nailed this time. I hope that's it for this hurricane season. Hopefully, the rest of them will leave southeastern US alone, and disappear into the Bermuda Triangle. ;-)

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

How much better can it get?!

I officially have a trickle of water dripping from the sink! And friends dropping by here to offer words of comfort. I even heard that there are some traffic signals coming back on here in Charlotte County.........did I ever mention how much I love Thomas Edison?!

This was my first full day of just being here at home, not helping others and finally tending to my own. We will be fine and back busting Patsy's balls in no time. :yes:

In the meantime, please keep the affected areas in your prayers, we need all we can get.

Thank you all again-
    RR

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

RRRIIIIVVVVEEERRR RRAAATTTT!!!! Thank goodness you are back! You have WATER and ELECTRICITY!!!! Hooray, you are almost back in the 21st century. Go to Ft Myers and kiss the lab of Edison himself.

You are amazing woman...I'd be whinning and you are rising to the challenge. I pray you and your neighbors don't suffer too much and a quick recovery. Hopefully most of the town can be salvaged.

Candy's on the rag again, that's all you missed. Sorry we couldn't get the Ramseys arrested.

12. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Ah, I wish I still lived in Florida to give aid and comfort to the Rat and Delmar! Delmar, my family used to have a summer home in Lake Placid, just south of Sebring. I have wonderful, wonderful memories of the years we spent there.

I am thrilled to see both of you back on posting. And that RR has a little trickle of water!!! Can a shower be far behind???? Ah, bliss.

Welcome home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice