IDIs In Denial

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

My personal opinion, and I admit I am somewhat biased when it comes to Jameson, is that it has more to do with showing HERSELF to be wrong than the pain that comes with the disappointment of her domestic gods.

Of course that is my personal opinion, but I can't imagine Jameson having that much "heart" for other people for even the Ramseys, et al to be considered "gods" to her. SHE is her only god

I think it is all about HER and her need to be in control and an authority. Admitting that it was RDI would not only lose her "insider status", although pretty much non-existent now, but would show her to be wrong for sooooooo many years. What that would do to her credibility, not to mention her income would be unbearable for her

I think sticking to her guns and lying and being deceitful to maintain her "status" of THE Ramsey supporter far outweighs any sense of justice that she doesn't have anyway

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Anyone know the status of the relationship between Jameson and the Rs now? Was she in contact with PR before she died? I thought I had read that the relationship had soured somewhat.

3. AMES

AMES Member

There is also another poster that believes that a group of pedophiles came a calling. They knocked on the door..."Hi Patsy...we are here to molest JonBenét". Patsy: "Oh, okay....come on in. I will get her for you and send her to the basement. I am going to be asleep on the couch...so, just don't harm her...okay?" Pedophiles: "Don't worry, we won't". The group heads down to the basement with JB. Patsy hears a scream...and is jolted awake from her beauty sleep. She rushes down to the basement...and is met by one of the pedophiles. She sees the look on his face....and knows that something TERRIBLE has happened (as if letting your child be molested wouldn't be terrible in and of itself). Pedophile..."I am so sorry....it was an accident'. And Patsy knew....she knew. (Insert several smilies rolling their eyes all the way back into their heads, and staying like that for a very, VERY long time).

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Jameson shows many characteristics of narcissistic personality disorder.
    Imo Jameson is not in this for JonBenet or for the Ramseys. She is in this for Jameson.

5. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

What distinguishes the Ramseys from other families of murder victims is that a compelling (convincing) circumstantial case can be made for their involvement/guilt. Their behaviors and statements, and lack of evidence of an intruder point to nothing other. But no concrete smoking gun.

I see the IDI as identifying with the obviously guilty/yet unprovably so Ramseys because they've been in some similar circumstance. Whether it's the missing petty cash, illegal downloads, a broken vase, whatever... sure I was the only one there, all signs point to me but this means nothing cause I say I didn't so it.

My denial outweighs anything less than a DNA match :)

Thus the popularity of IDI statements like "a Ramsey wouldn't..." and "how do you know, you werent there" etc...

6. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Great Post Why_Nut.

7. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I have to say that at one time I wanted to believe the parent's innocence....like many of us here, I'm sure. No one wants to believe our parents would hurt us to that extreme. That is a scary thought. I've tried to restrain from judging, as I've said before....that sometimes people just "don't act the way we think they should.".....Even when innocent.
    As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that people can put on a false image. They can lie through their teeth.
    I also have to wonder how could the Ramsey's continue to live after such a tragedy? An inside job? The only other possible scenerio I could come up with is that the family was threatened and had to keep quiet. That is what my heart wanted to believe.
    But in my heart, I know Patsy wrote the note, there wasn't any evidence of a skilled intruder.
    I've just come to believe and know that cruelty and selfishness exist in this world, even when a child is concerned.
    JonBenet will never know Cancer, never know the pain of losing a child is about the best justification for a conscience I can come up with.

8. Little

Little Member

Maybe that's why, since I don't see any reasonable (valid) evidence of anyone else being involved, that I want to believe that it was an accident followed by remorse & panic & a cover up.

Little

9. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Surely ...it has to be Little. Surely. Not Cold and calculated, or even un calculated. ..

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Cold and Calculated...only in how they planned their defense and distanced themselves from their daughter, their home, Boulder- They walked out of that house that very NIGHT, never looking back, leaving their 6-year old daughter's body under the Christmas tree. And never saw her again till she looked "perfect" again (PR's words as she looked at JBR in her coffin wearing her tiara and pageant dress).
    Did they feel remorse? Of course, but not enough to do the right thing and admit what really happened.

11. AMES

AMES Member

This is what I believe too. An accident turned cover-up. I am sure that Patsy probably felt remorse up until the day she died...and most likely John still does too. But not enough so....for him to start singing like a canary. I really don't see how he lives with himself.

12. AMES

AMES Member

They distanced themselves from her...to the point of acting as if she never existed at all. I wonder if this was...in some strange way.... a way for them to come to "terms" with what they had done? They turned off their feelings.

13. Little

Little Member

I don't know how John was raised but IMO Patsy was raised by a woman who taught her to "shake it off and get on with the show".

Little

14. heymom

heymom Member

If John is a narcissist, then he doesn't really have feelings for other people, so it's not a problem for him to live with himself. Narcissists don't really see other people AS people, just as objects to be used and discarded as needed.

We've made a pretty good case for both Patsy and John to have aspects of NPD, narcissistic personality disorder. Both were probably using JonBenet for their own purposes - I mean, just look at her NAME for goodness' sake! The blending of her father's names??? Who the heck does THAT to a kid?? It's like Patsy was saying, "Here, John, is a little toy just made for you." Sick.

That's why I think neither of them felt the remorse any of us would have had to live with after such a horrible event. Patsy convinced herself that JonBenet would have been better off, and John, frankly, didn't seem to care. I see him as the person behind throwing LHP under the bus. The servants would have seemed less than a speck to him.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Good points. I agree. Being wrongly accused of "SOMETHING" is experienced by many people at some point. It's also not uncommon to have accused someone of a wrong doing and found out later you were mistaken. That mea culpa is hard to swallow, too.

Yet I do understand how hard it is to imagine a mother and/or father doing what was done to JonBenet. I think most of us couldn't have done what they did. It took a lot of nerve and a lot of determination to walk out of that house without handcuffs on. Both are things the Ramseys had in abundance, hence their business success and wealth. How did John end up as CEO when AG was bought by LM, when two other men merged their companies with his at the beginning? It wasn't with kindness and acquiescence, I'll bet money on that.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Yes. I think this accurately describes their behavior. BR, too. His behavior after his sister's death was absolutely bizarre. He truly acted as if she never existed. What 9 year old tells a doctor he is just "getting on with his life" DAYS after his sister is violently murdered in his their own home? Notice also the lack of fear and anxiety about suffering a similar fate. A kid that age having experienced something like that would be worried for a LONG time that the same thing might happen to him, especially if his parents were pushing the "A bad man broke into our home and killed your sister because he hated daddy" scenario. What's to stop the bad man from getting to BR no matter where he lived? He's still his father's child- kill one JR child, kill another. What made him feel safe? He never once said that he felt afraid that someone one would kidnap and kill him.

17. AMES

AMES Member

Yep...the show must go on.

18. AMES

AMES Member

I agree...I do believe that they probably felt SOME remorse...but, not like any of us would have felt. Surely they would have felt SOME remorse...wouldn't they? Hmmmmmm...maybe not. How could people be SO stinking cold??

19. AMES

AMES Member

And just months after his sister's death...he didn't include his sister, when his dr. asked him to draw a picture of his family. Although Burke did distance himself from JB, acting like she never existed, I think that his response that he was "just getting on with his life"...sounds like something that he had heard his parents say. I just couldn't imagine a 9 year old, coming up with that all on his own.

20. heymom

heymom Member

When people haven't formed the kind of personality that you and I have, by having intrusions into their most private being from a very early age, being abused, violated - they don't have the same kind of conscience or ability to bond with others. It's a very tenuous thing, this collection of traits we call "personality." I think that Patsy was a borderline personality, had never truly formed a real personality, probably because she was told what to do by Nedra, her own feelings were ignored or ridiculed, and perhaps she was physically abused as well. The taking on of aspects of a character in a novel illustrates this lack of identity of her own. She has adopted these fictional qualities as a way of putting up some sort of self for people to see and admire, but it is very odd to do such a thing. To imitate a character in a novel? That means a person who hasn't got her own self.

I think John is narcissistic and the 2 of them fit together quite well. A narcissist isn't really cold per se - he or she just cannot see others as being people at all - just objects, paper cutouts if you will. Ignore them when you don't need them, use them when you do - the turning on Fleet White and family illustrates that to me. After JonBenet's body had served its purpose, it could be discarded like garbage, left under the Christmas tree while Patsy and John got sympathy from their friends.

The act they put on, of being persecuted by the press, is classic narcissism. If anyone gets in my way, it's THEIR problem, not mine - the narcissist is never guilty in his or her own eyes. Even if caught red-handed, he or she will say that someone MADE him do it, or it still isn't his fault. And it's not excuses, either - that is how they see things. There is really only one important person in a narcissist's world - him or herself. Period.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice