Interesting insight on "who done it"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Aug 26, 2007.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, I've been rereading Patsy's interview with Haney/DA detective in '98, and she says several times "when WE found her". I know the argument is she's speaking of them as a family, so "we" is used in that respect. Maybe....

But then again, think about it AS IF "THEY" DID FIND HER. I have pondered many theories through the years, and one that strikes me as plausible is that it was a FAMILY that destroyed JonBenet, and perhaps Burke was the lightning rod that started the events: brothers are statistically by far the highest percentage of molesters of younger siblings; children fight with each other in ANY family. Perhaps Burke was involved in one or both of the actions that abused his sister initially. So John and Patsy covered it up to save him. Maybe they called Dr. Beuf that morning, finding JonBenet unconscious, knowing if they took her to the emergency room, the sexual abuse would be found. Maybe they "felt" the horrible crack in her skull and knew she was brain-injured; Dr. Beuf might have given them simple instructions to determine how badly, like looking at her fixed pupils with a flashlight. The truth wouldn't have been that hard to determine for two highly educated people, especially with Patsy's experience with long medical treatment for cancer. Maybe Dr. Beuf told them, you don't recover from such a head injury. It's vegetative state AT BEST, but death was probably imminent. So they decided they had to protect Burke, who was, after all, a minor. Maybe they called Bynum for legal advice about what would happen to Burke, etc. That would explain the blank cell phone record a year later and the BS story about a "lost" cell phone, wouldn't it? So they wrote the note and prepared their stories, blaming it all on a foreign faction/kidnapping attempt...and waited for her to die. She didn't die. Head injuries are not predictable like that. So next they had a very hard decision to make. If they'd do "anything" for JonBenet, why wouldn't they do "anything" for Burke, once JonBenet was beyond saving? So then something had to be improvised that would fit in with kidnapping/murder; because once JonBenet was discovered, if she wasn't dead but in a coma in the hospital, they couldn't LEAVE, could they? No. Her vaginal injuries would be found and they'd be subjected to questions they did NOT want to answer. ALL OF THEM. Voila. The garrote. Gently tightened until she was gone. Tape on the mouth and ties around the wrists to make it look more convincing. Wrap her in her blanket like a papoose, with care. Say goodbye, close the door and latch it at the top, and make the call. Help us Jesus.

On the other hand, I still find it hard to believe under such circumstances, they'd allow Burke to be interviewed by LE. Maybe they had no choice: maybe they were told if you don't let us talk to him, social services will remove him from your home, as we have to investigate whether he's safe. If Burke had struck his sister and then heard when she screamed, right before it all went blank for her, maybe he ran to bed and Patsy and John heard the scream, came down and "we found her". If they were having issues with Burke abusing JonBenet--remember the book Patsy's father gave her, about dealing with children's bad behavior--maybe they questioned him and told him to stay in his room. Or maybe they simply left him there while they went into action. But the child like voice on the 911 enhanced tape: "What did I do?" Maybe Burke didn't know he'd mortally injured his sister. Was it Wecht's book that stated Burke kept the huge Maglight in his bedroom?

Wasn't there a passage from that '98 interview where in the ONLINE transcript Patsy said something about hearing "her scream", but in the NE book of the transcript the quote was "him scream"? Am I misremembering that?

I may have some of these reports/passages wrong, so please help me out if so. I honestly don't know why I'm even writing about this anymore. We'll never know exactly who did what to whom that night. But I do consider that it was a family affair that started sometime before that night.

2. koldkase

Me, three. I don't remember that and find it compelling.

3. koldkase

Here is a good thread on FFJ where the head injury is discussed by members who have training and experience in medical treatment and head injuries. Perhaps this will help:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6121&highlight=head+blow+contrecoup

4. koldkase

OH, yeah, now I found the passage in the '98 DA detective Haney interview with Patsy:

We had a long debate about the word "flashback", maybe here and/or at topix.

So, if Patsy let that "slip" and actually HEARD JonBenet scream, then that would fit into A THEORY of Burke fighting with JonBenet and causing the head injury.

But IT'S JUST A THEORY, I add, that's one I consider. Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl of pineapple, after all. And JonBenet ate pineapple approx. one-to-four hours before her death. If she had eaten pineapple with Burke, then was struck shortly after in a sibling fight, and then she was in limbo for that long while calls were being made and plans were being made before she was finally "put down" with the garrote, her digestive system would have been still working and that would account for the time of death, would it not?

I don't know. It's hard to fit it together for me because I don't have all the evidence, and we never will. What I do believe is true, however it happened, is that the only people in the house that night were the ones the evidence we DO have leads to: John, Patsy, and Burke. What their roles ultimately were, one theory is as cogent as the next to me, because what they did is so complex, twisted, and convoluted, it's hard to follow who did what.

5. AMES

AMES Member

Little,
    Do you care if I take this little diddy over to Websleuths, with credit to you..of course???

6. Karen

Karen Member

Hey you guys it's a quote in the article that can also be found in the first post on this thread! IT's about the third or fourth paragraph down. I tried to bring the first post with the article here but it wouldn't work. So just go back and read the article Little started this thread with and you'll see it. The paragraph starts with "Fleet Russell White......". Let me know if you see it, otherwise I'm :crosseyed

7. Little

Little Member

Take it away AMES!

Little

8. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks Little!!!!

9. Little

Little Member

I honestly don't know AMES but I think it's logical that it was a hard surface, not a sharp one, so maybe that's all he was saying?

I have wondered about that red top that seemed to cause Patsy to weep during her interview. Just a wild thought here and anyone can feel free to thump me if it's too off the wall. I have nothing to use as evidence here, it's just me wondering about the "what ifs". Here it is: Patsy was putting the red top on JonBenet that night because it was the outfit she wanted her to wear when they met up with the family in Michigan (mom and daughter dressed alike). Would it be possible that with the top over JonBenet's head (just around her neck) that "if" JonBenet pulled away, Patsy grabbed the sleeve, that there would be enough perpetual motion to cause JonBenet to strike her head with more force than just tripping or falling? That might also account for the hokey ligature to hide the mark that tugging on the shirt would have made on JonBenet's neck.

Thump away! (I have to see if I have enough bubble wrap to protect myself :) )

Little

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It's there, Karen. :)

"Fleet Russell White was best friends with John Ramsey until after the murder. Mr. White was so convinced that the Ramsey’s were involved with her slaying that the last words he spoke to John Ramsey before they parted way was, “The next time I see you, I hope it’s in a court room.â€

I don't think anyone was saying it wasn't, just wondering along with you where the quote came from.

11. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you. I thought I was finally losing the rest of my mind. :abnormal:

12. AMES

AMES Member

Little...you were replying to a post by Solace, but you directed your answer to me. That's okay, though....

I am with you on the red turtleneck thing. I have said all along that I believe that Patsy had put that Red turtleneck on JB, to wear to bed....there was a bedwetting incident...the shirt got wet, Patsy went to take it off of her in a rage, and in the process slung JB into the side of the tub or the sink....(my guess is the tub). I believe THAT's the reason that she cried when she saw it...NOT because she had argued with JB about wearing it to the White's party, I just don't buy that story.

13. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Ya, and the girl ended up wearing a shirt with a single star on it the same night the birth of The Savior is celebrated. A birth heralded by a single star.

Just a meaningless coincidence, I know.

14. tylin

tylin Banned

Flashback-
    Also called flashback hallucinosis. Psychiatry.
    a. the spontaneous recurrence of visual hallucinations or other effects of a drug, as LSD, long after the use of the drug has been discontinued.
    b. recurrent and abnormally vivid recollection of a traumatic experience, as a battle, sometimes accompanied by hallucinations.

Dream-
    1. a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.
    2. the sleeping state in which this occurs.
    3. an object seen in a dream.

15. koldkase

No, Karen, we just have a five minute rule around here: crack ho's and hags have short term memory problems...or blessings. If you can reasonably assume it's been more than five minutes since we read it, you must source it. :martini:

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I don't dispute the possibility Little and AMES, but I have a problem in thinking she would dress her in a turtleneck to sleep. Kids are naturally hot at night and kick the covers off anyhow...why dress her in something that warm?

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I might make that correlation as well if she had been re-dressed in that top...what with Patsy being so religious and all (NOT...but she tried to make people believe she was).

I discount it however, because she had it on since she changed clothes to go to the Whites! Hard to get into a 6-year-old brain, but it could have been as simple as she was tired of dressing like her mother, or she just wanted something sparkly on. I favor the not wanting to dress like Patsy more, which to me makes more sense since JB wasn't as thrilled at the myTwin doll as Patsy was either. The wanting to be alike, I believe, was more driven by Patsy than JB.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Patsy's first statement to the police on the 26th December, 1996 was that she went to bed in the red top, Moab, but changed her statement after having access to her previous reports, thanks to D.A. ALex Hunter at that time.

19. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe it was like Little said - Patsy didn't want to have to dress JonBenet in the morning and wanted her in the turtleneck so they could just leave for Michigan straightaway.

I guess I wasn't aware that Patsy cried in the interview when the red turtleneck shirt was brought up. That's huge.

20. Little

Little Member

I guess I was thinking about why Patsy cried when they showed her the red top & how JonBenet could have possibly hit her head with such force. Unless someone had the opportunity to view the tape when it was still available on the net there's no way to really convey how Patsy reacted. She really got upset when viewing that top.

As far as the turtleneck and JonBenet's comfort, I doubt that it was comfortable to sleep in rollers or wear the smarmy outfits that her mom put on her either. JonBenet's comfort didn't seem to me to be top of Patsy's list of concerns. I could believe that she was more concerned about the look alike thing escpecially when trying to make a good appearance for the new boy friend.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice