Is Charlie Brennan Leaving?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Thanks tylin. (Check's in the mail.)

2. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Kool Aid always gets stuck with the bill.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

LOL, I just watched the movie classic "The African Queen" starring H. Bogart and K. Hepburn on their adventurous flight through the African jungle.
    Charlie Allnutt (Bogey) is praising the virtues of Gin to prim spinster Rose (K. Hepburn), stressing its ability to 'clear the head'. But after he's had a few too many of these head-clearers, Rose is clearly not amused, and while Charlie is snoring away on the boat, she pours the precious contents of all his Gordon's bottles into the river, tosssing the bottles too, and seeing all those empty bottles leaving a long trail in the river is quite comical. I almost felt sorry for poor Charlie, but he took it bravely. Didn't even show withdrawal symptoms, only ranted a little. :)

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Indeed, some of his posts are pretty cryptic, but always interesting. And also funny, for he doesn't take himself too seriously - I like that!

Paradox, (or whoever of your 'alters' is reading this :)), I simply MUST read Muriel Spark's book TPOMJB - thanks for directing our attention to it!

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

hahaha Very funny, Paradox.

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. Some of us have been very, very bad, watching the Anna Nicole circus and discussing it on a forum here. Have you missed it? I'd think your razor sharp analytical skills, gin or no, would come in handy there. Forget Anna, we need some enlightenment on the weeping judge!

6. heymom

heymom Member

OMG. I've never seen anything so unprofessional in my entire life. A judge is supposed to represent detached authority. It's the defendant who is supposed to cry on the stand, isn't it??? Holy Smokes. What a circus indeed, and the biggest clown is on the bench.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

HAHAHAHA. You made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Yeah but this guy has a demo video tape making the rounds of the networks. He wants to be the next big TV Judge. Hence the theatrics

Not that I have been watching this circus or anything. Ohhhh Noooo :no: :no: :no: I am still working on world peace or whirred peas or something.

9. heymom

heymom Member

I can hardly wait. You mean we are going to see more of Sobbing Sad Sack Goes to Court??? I like Judge Judy, myself. She doesn't pull any punches - she's blunt and strict.

10. Paradox

Glad to be of service.

Thanks all.

Actually, I'm not interested in Anna Nicole Smith. I think the Playboy culture is sick. I haven't paid attention to the coverage and don't know a thing about the Judge, sorry. I am interested in Monroe but Smith seemed to try too hard because she didn't have "it". Monroe was a symbol, Smith a symptom. By the time the worms are done we'll forget about Smith, Monroe is timeless. She created the media, the media created Smith They both died for the pursuit of image over substance but Monroe's substance was raw, Smith's was plastic. Ditto Spears.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I just watched a documentary last week on the death of Marilyn Monroe. Robert Kennedy seems to be the one accused of her killing. I have never believed Marilyn Monroe committed suicide. She had turned her life around at the time of her death. Contrary to beliefs, Marilyn Monroe was very intelligent. I can't say the same for Anna Nicole Smith.

Marylin Monroe's personal makeup technician once said: To look at Marylin Monroe with a clean washed face was to look at any ordinary girl in the street, but when Marilyn Monroe was fully made up and dressed in an off-the-shoulder black satin outfit, complete with diamonds, she became the sexy goddess the men wanted her to be.

I think little JonBenét was just a miniature Marilyn Monroe. With her face scrubbed she was just an ordinary little girl, but thanks to Aunt Pam, Nedra and Patsy, the makeup and the fancy outfits transformed her into a little sex goddess. What a shame.

12. Paradox

I don't think Monroe had turned her life around. I think she, and Smith also, went to the well once too often in an effort to re-create themselves. Instead of bowing to THE Creator, they tried to create themselves. They played God by trying to play The Goddess. They got lost in the role.

I have simpathy for those that suffer because they are lost. But I don't have simpathy for those that have the opportunity for redemption and reject it in favor of playing God.

The correlation between Monroe, Smith and JonBenet is spot on. But of course, JonBenet did not make her own decisions in this regard. Those were made by another mind or minds and tranfered to or projected onto JonBenet. The three people that you mention Elle_1 all had a part in it.

13. Elle

Elle Member

According to the documentary, the investigators said Marilyn had plans to move forward, Paradox, and quoted the reasons why. There was a witness who saw Bobby Kennedy leaving the premises, but of course, it's all speculation, isn't it?

14. Elle

Elle Member

This _1 added on to my hat here must be a nuisance to type. Moab had to add it on because I couldn't log in as Elle. :-( To whom it may concern please feel free to chop it off. :) On the other hand, I just wish I was #! at many things. :)

15. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

I hope you keep the 1 Elle. It reminds me that you made it to the top row :)

16. Elle

Elle Member

I did! (?). Was there a ladder there? Or, were you helping to push me up the hill, or did you carry me on your shoulders? Each winter in Canada adds 5 years on to me, and I am now ancient history. :)

17. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

I remember your story about the girl's school...oh well, you're number 1 LOL

18. Elle

Elle Member

Oh yes, that one, Cranberry. My mind was on a completely different track. Oh yes, I remember that very trying time in the class room, with the top girl with a bust measuring about 36" to my zippo. :-( It was a wonder she didn't topple over. Took me quite a few years later and a few children, to catch up with her. I often wished I could have bumped into her in later years to prove to her that I caught up with her in that department too, as well as the math. :)

19. heymom

heymom Member

Hers are probably down around her knees by now. :) Something to laugh about, anyway!

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

The picture on the paperback cover of PMPT shows a cute little girl. Nothing more, nothing less. In no way different from the millions of other little girls of her age.
    And to see that little kid perform on the pageants, heavily made up, transformed into looking like a plastic Barbie doll, or posing for pictures having a seductive look in her face like Marilyn Monroe, is quite shocking.
    Children need our protection and love, they have a right to a normal childhood. What we teach them will have a profound influence.
    If they are taught that the top priority in life is to be constantly put on display, chances are that the child will feel more and more inwardly emtpy in the course of time, because of the emotional deprivation which goes along with such a lifestyle. Emotional wrecks like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears are living examples of the detrimental effect a life "on constant show" since childhood can have.
    I believe Patsy Ramsey was using JB just like she herself had been used by her pageant-obsessed mother Nedra. Pageants where six-year-olds are put in high heels and a Las Vegas showgirl outfit are not harmless, they are a form of child abuse imo.
    "We [=Patsy and I] wouldn't even consider JB saying "no" to the pageants", Nedra told Judith Phillips. JB was allowed no choice. Manipulated like a puppet on a string, paraded around in the artificial and shallow pageant world.
    JB was not only robbed of her life, she had also been robbed of her childhood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice