Is Tracey Author of "Patricia Letters"?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by YumYum012, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

It's possible(?) That was another strange episode, wasn't it rashomon, with Jammy Sue really spoiling it all for Steve Thomas and making a fool out of Don Foster? Jameson gloated over that one.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, mame is the worst name dropper I've ever seen. Only she's just too ignorant to get that the people's names she keeps dropping are all as corrupt and incompetent as they can possibly be. They rely on fools like her who can't see past their "position" to the truth: Bill Wise was a Hunter lackey for decades, and he was right in the middle of the second biggest prosecution crash and burn in recent memory, right after O.J. Bill Wise may be a nice man, but his rep is in the toilet, right along with Hunter's and Lacy's.

Mame has claimed she was going to post those "Patricia" emails of hers for so long, forgive me if I don't hold my breath. :sleep:

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

hhhhmmm

Hard for me to believe PR would be close to Carol McKinley and have CM not want to communicate with her anymore. But why would a fake write that when it could be easy to check up on that? Did "Patricia" write Carol McKinley also?

4. Niner

Niner Active Member

and STILL is... gloating that is!! Good to 'see' ya back Elle!

5. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, friend. I always enjoy your great posts. :)

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

Too bad Foster fell for Jameson's trickery. .
    After that it was out of the question for Foster to ever testify at a possible trial. The Ramsey defense lawyers would have had a field day - they would have eaten him alive.
    Indeed Jameson is still gloating over it, sneering at Foster both in her own posts as well as in her faked ones where she pretends to be someone else.
    Fooling Foster must have given her a feeling of grandiosity, inflating her ego.

Jameson is a pathological liar, and like most pathological liars, she feels very safe and doesn't fear discovery. For lying has become so much part of her life that she will just come up with another lie should anyone get too close to uncovering her tricks.

The writer of the Patricia letters said:
    Imo it was Jameson who wrote this. It fits perfectly. For she WAS being suspected by quite a few people to be the letter writer, therefore she needed to launch a 'diversionary tactic' on her part ...

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

Mame has posted one of the letters on Sycamore (it is quoted in the #58 post here, and is comparatively harmless), and although she said she was going to post the more sinister ones also, I have the feeling she won't because she doesn't want them to be studied in detail.

If anyone has links to older posts by Jameson in the first few years after the crime and could post them here, TIA for your help.

8. rashomon

rashomon Member

Why did Jameson claim to have 'found' the letter writer?

The letter writer wrote:
    Quite few people had come to the conclusion - some of them (D. England, Misty, Ruth Gerstenkorn) through detailed analysis - that Jameson was the author of the Patricia letters.

Imo Jameson's claim to have 'found' Patricia was a classic example of such a diversionary tactic:

Too bad Jameson has never been grilled with questions re her "find". I'm convinced that her hoax would then have become even more obvious.

Jameson,

- How exactly did you find the author of the Patricia Letters?
    By what process did you obtain her name, address and phone number?

- The author "has a large website of her own"? How very interesting! Would you please provide the url of that large website so we can all study it too?

- What exactly did you read on this website that leads you to believe this is the author of the Patricia Letters?

- You are "saving all of the stuff she has online"? Where online did you find this material?

- To support your claim that this person is Patricia,
    surely you will make her written "stuff " public and explain it in terms of evidence that "she" is the writer?

- For wouldn't you want the public to compare her writings to the Patricia letters also?

- Would you give some comparison examples of how "she writes a LOT like
    "Patricia"?

- What did you read of this author that corresponded with the letters?

- Will you provide quotes from both sources?

- Can you match the quotes as originating from the same source?

- How can you infer from this person's writings that she does not post on forums, just "lurks and learns"?

- By what do you know she "lurks" in the Ramsey forums?

- Do you have some way unknown to others that enable you to identify a 'lurker'? Could you enlighten us how this is done?

- By what criteria do you determine that the writer is a woman?

- Would you please detail your investigation and how you arrived at the
    conclusion that "She is alone, no family, just her pets?"

- How do you know this person knows how to set up an anonymous email
    account?

- Was the email account anonymous, or just a different email address?

- Would you explain the difference?

- Do you yourself know how to set up such an account?

- If not, how do you know that the author of the letters knows?

- If she did it before and admitted it online, where online may this
    information be found? Url?

- You say, "I don't know if I will do anything with it or
    not". Reading this, people will of course think you are making it all up.
    Therefore to prove them wrong, all you need to do is to provide the url of the alleged website. Surely you will do that?

Jameson's bogus claim to have "found" the letter writer is just another of her
    many attempts to throw sand into people's eyes. Imo she had no other motive than do direct the attention away from herself as the letter writer.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That just seems too eloquent for PR. She was educated, yes, but that doesn't sound like her.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Has Jameson made any remarks about this latest post #68, rashomon? You are very thorough in your search for the author of the Patricia letters.

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Without the detailed analyses provided by long-time case researchers, I wouldn't have known where to start, Elle. These very convincing analyses are an Ariadne's thread for everyone trying to sift through those many letters in search of clues regarding authorship:

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...ngland%22&um=1&hl=de&rlz=1T4ADBR_deDE205&sa=G

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebula/9337/misty.html

Very helpful in that context is also Ruth Gerstenkorn's assessment of Jameson's personality, her tactics and ruses:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebula/9337/misty.html

The sheer amount of the letters alone is a hurdle, for it takes a lot of time to read them all - time one often doesn't have.
    I have not gotten nearly as far yet as I had planned, but I'll hang in there, although it may take quite some time before I'll have gone through them all.

It is quite easy to get Jameson with her back up against the wall at e. g. the Topix forum, since she has no ‘power’ to delete posts there like she does on her own forum. When confronted with info she can’t refute, Jameson often ‘vanishes’ for some time, hoping the clouds will have dispersed when she is back. A classic tactic of evading a critical discussion by ignoring what has been said.

Another of her tactics is to lay out red herrings.

An example of such a red herring is her 2001 claim to have 'found' the author of the letters. This is such an obvious hoax - it just shows once more what an incrededibly shameles liar she is. Jameson will tell anybody anything, provided it serves her purpose.

People always have a motive for their actions - and what motive could Jameson have had in claiming she had found the letter writer other than to direct the attention away from the real author of the letters - herself?

A few weeks ago, the Patricia Letters were brought up on the Sycamore forum, and Jameson's 2001 claim of having found Patricia was mentioned there. Jameson promptly reacted a few days later on her own forum by claiming she was now "not 100 % sure":

April 4th/2008: Jameson on Webbsleuths:
    Her 2001 claim of having found out the name, address and phone number now suddenly becomes “I never did call the woman up and ask her if she did it.â€
    I have no doubt that Jameson did not call the woman up because that woman never existed. :D

Jameson then introduces Karr as a red herring, and the other posters (some of them probably being herself posting under another hat) take the bait, with the discussion shifting to whether Karr was the killer or not, moving away from the topic of discussing him as the possible letter writer.

I just checked on her Webbsleuths forum and can't find the two 'Patricia Letters' threads there anymore - very interesting! Has Jameson removed them? If yes, it must have happened within the last two hours, for I read her latest post on that thread about two hours ago.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  12. Elle

Elle Member

rashomon,

I was very fortunate to be in touch with Delmar England, a few years back. He was the one who made me wise up about Jameson wearing many hats, and creating red herrings. In fact in my earlier days, I didn't realize I was posting with the same person wearing three different hats. I was green. :)

I have to thank Delmar for pointing this out to me so that I wouldn't get duped in the future. I shall always be grateful to him for helping me understand Jammy Sue's capers.

I spent a lot of time on Ruth Gerstenkorn's web site. I wish I had known her. She was a wonderful contributer to the JonBenét case, and boy did she ever know Jameson.

Jams really is a very strange person who has managed to throw herself right into the JonBenét Ramsey case. I have never known any other case quite like this one. She managed to befriend Lou Smit, and received a lot of information from him. She sure is obsessed with this case, having even written a play
    about it.

I am a bit stunned that a stranger like Jameson managed to entwine herself into such a serious murder case, and even meet Patsy and John Ramsey. Amazing! Without any interruption from Law Enforcement. Something wrong with this picture, rashomon (?).

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">[Elle]:
    Has Jameson made any remarks about this latest post #68, rashomon? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Maybe Jams has decided it's time she smartened up and stopped this charade about the Patricia letters; especially when rashomon is hot on her trail. :)

I do wish you all the luck in the world with this, because there's a long list of posters here and elsewhere who would be very happy to see you pull this off and prove that Jammy Sue is "Patricia."

13. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Rashoman and Elle

I know little to nothing about the Patricia letters though I have heard tales of them for years...

I am about to follow some of the links Rashoman has provided and start to read up on them though.

Since our Cherokee is such a good sleuth and has some real expertise in the field of handwriting identification, along with other writing identifiers like sentence structure, punctuation, word usage etc., I wonder if she might be willing to jump into the fray here and work with us on the identification of the author of the Patricia letters...

Cherokee where arrrrre you? Ha! Probably asleep in bed come to think of it....I am writing this post at 2:15 in the morning, having gotten up because of insomnina to read my e-mail and roam around the internet until I get sleepy...Anyway, I do think that Chero very well could give us some insight and some pointers in working on this project.

Thanks Rashoman for bringing these letters out of mothballs and bringing to FFJ for another look.

Voyager

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Voyager. :)

I WISH the author of the Patricia letters had written them by hand. It would be much easier to identify the author to have handwriting samples AND linguistics. As far as I know, the letters were only sent electronically over the internet as e-mails.

Another poster asked me to take a look at the Patricia letters awhile back. I read through a few of them, but I didn't have time to do any in-depth analysis then, and unfortunately, I don't have the time now either. It's one of those projects I always think I'd like to get to when things slow down. Ha.

I will say that as I was reading one of the letters Rashomon posted here a few days ago, I was struck by the insertion of unneeded commas in certain sentences. It was exactly the same type of comma misuse Susan Bennett (Jameson) makes frequently. Of course, that doesn't mean Susan is the author of the Patricia letters, but the linguistics/punctuation in that letter did remind me of her style of writing.

When I read over some of the Patricia letters before, I got the feeling there was a mix of writing styles. In other words, sometimes it felt like I was reading Susan Bennett, sometimes it didn't. This led me to believe another person might have been involved in the hoax; someone else who likes to impersonate people, the ever-popular and always entertaining, Susan Stine. Or the changing linguistics could have been Susan Bennett's way of trying to throw off anyone analyzing the letters. Susan Bennett may have TRIED to change her writing style now and then, but fell back into her usual pattern when in a hurry or when she wasn't consciously thinking about trying to disguise her writing.

I think the fact that Susan Bennett has suddenly taken the Patricia letters down from her website speaks volumes. Perhaps one of our FFJ posters can help us resurrect them on a thread here.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Voyager. I have read some of the Patricia letters, but not all of them, and I will be doing the same as you, catching up on rashomon's information, plus going over more information here:

http://www.acandyrose.com/patricia1999phenomenon.htm

Why someone would go to so much trouble to pretend to be Patsy Ramsey and write those letters intrigues me (?). What did they have to gain?

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

We should have one of those threads for Sue Bennett like the "Ramseys Lies" threads we have built over the years since they go hand in hand. I wonder which one would be longer?!

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Considering the Patricia letters abruptly stopped after the Grand Jury was over, I believe their intention was to muddy the waters, disseminate false information and create an illusion of an "intruder" trying to sound like Patsy. In other words, their intent was to create confusion and a possible decoy.

Susan Bennett pretended to be John Andrew Ramsey in order to fool Don Foster. IMO, Susan Bennett had SOMEONE feeding her family information that allegedly only JAR would know. (Once again, the name Susan Stine comes to mind.) The intent of the hoax was to discredit Don Foster in case he became an expert witness for the prosecution at trial.

I think the Patricia letters may have been written with the same kind of intent. If an "anonymous" stranger could pretend to be Patsy with information about the family, house and crime scene, then perhaps that person (with the accompanying subpoenaed letters) could be mentioned at trial as the possible intruder. It would help with the creation of reasonable doubt by the Ramsey defense team.

I also believe another objective of Patricia letters was a fishing attempt to obtain information, just like Susan Stine's impersonation of Mark Beckner. Susan Stine sent e-mails to certain people involved in the Ramsey case in order to get private and/or damning information from them. I think she would have given that info to the Ramseys to be used as fodder in media compaigns to damage the reputations of those individuals and also for use in lawsuits against them.

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

Very interesting, Cherokee. This reminds me of D. England's analysis (bolding mine):
    I'm no native speaker of English - Cherokee, if you could quote examples of comma misuse in the Patricia Letter I posted and also provide examples of the same type of comma misuse Susan Benett aka Jameson makes frequently, TIA for your help!

It would interest me very much if the blatant misuse of the comma was a conscious interjection on SB's part to mislead, OR if she really had problems with correct punctuation, which became obvious in the letters.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Rashomom

This thread River Rat started way back when has some interesting links on it.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5810

The link on the first post takes you to a chat. The Patricia letters begin being mentioned on what would be (about) page 7.

PS. If you've already seen these links, forgive me for reposting this. :)

20. Elle

Elle Member

Wow! This all makes sense to me, Cherokee. It was Susan Stine who brought Jameson's web site to the attention of the Ramseys in the first place, and thereby hangs a tale. This all adds up to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice