Isn't It Odd That ....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Little

Little Member

I rank this right up there with odd. Why wasn't Susan Stine prosecuted for her involvement in sending bogus emails using Mark Beckner's name?

Ramsey friend fakes emails
    Atlanta woman sends letters, claims to be police chief
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_2009831,00.html

Police put halt to fake Ramsey e-mails
    Atlanta woman warned to stop impersonating Mark Beckner
    By Associated Press
    June 5, 2003

Police have warned an Atlanta woman to stop sending e-mails about the JonBenet Ramsey case that purport to be from Police Chief Mark Beckner.

The woman said the e-mails were obviously phony and were meant as a joke.

Police said Tuesday that Susan Stine sent e-mails from becknerbpd@hotmail(.)com to people affiliated with the investigation into the unsolved 1996 slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet.

Beckner told the Rocky Mountain News in Wednesday's editions that some of the messages were clearly phony, but others could constitute criminal impersonation. Some were signed "Mark."

Police sent Stine a letter saying criminal impersonation is a felony in Colorado. Beckner said police don't plan to file charges but could decide to do so in the future.

The investigation began April 25 after News reporter Charlie Brennan received an e-mail signed "Mark" that praised his stories. When Brennan called Beckner to ask about the message, the police chief became concerned that others were receiving phony e-mails.

Investigators got a warrant to search Hotmail records and traced the e-mails to Stine. They said the becknerbpd@hotmail(.)com account was established in 2000 under the name "Chief Beckner."

Stine said no reasonable person would have taken the messages seriously but said she sent Beckner an e-mail of apology.

"The e-mails were sent in an attempt to be humorous and satirical," Stine told the News in a telephone interview. "There was never an intent to mislead anyone."

The News described Stine as a close friend of John and Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's parents.
    This "was" a link to the story
    http://www1.dailycamera.com/bdc/state_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2419_2012740,00.html

Unlawful e-mails sent under Chief Beckner's name
    The Boulder Police Department recently became aware that someone was unlawfully sending e-mails using the name of Chief Beckner. On April 25, 2003, Rocky Mountain News columnist Charlie Brennan received an e-mail titled as being from "Chief Beckner" complementing Mr. Brennan for a recent column he had written on the JonBenet Ramsey case. According to embedded information within the message, the e-mail was sent from a MSN Hotmail account, becknerbpd@hotmail(.)com.

The e-mail was then signed off with "Regards, Mark."
    http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/comm/pressrelease/2003/0604b.html

These links were found at:
    http://p216.ezboard.com/fcrimeandjustice13552frm78.showNextMessage?topicID=296.topic

2. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Odd they had no fear for their remaining child.

Nor were they left with any irrational fears of another 'break-in' in the homes following. In any kind of trauma people will usually seek to avoid being in the the same situation in the future and will take all nessessary precautions to avoid it. Not the Ramseys....not even an alarm system, and these are people who can afford it! Yet they had no more fear of a break in than someone who has never been violated in that way. Hmmmmmmmmm

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Thank you, my friends...

Thank you, Tricia, Little, Zoomama, Barbara, Elle1 and Show Me.

Feedback spurs me on! Thank you all.

:leaf:

4. Little

Little Member

Greenleaf wrote:
    "Feedback spurs me on! Thank you all."

Good! Ok, you are also a snazzy dresser and a great dancer!!

WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE!

Keep those great posts :imonline: coming Greenleaf :)

Little

5. Elle

Elle Member

Snazzy dancer?

What's the story on Greenleaf being a snazzy dancer, Little? Did I miss something?

6. Little

Little Member

LOL Ella, no, you didn't miss anything. It's just an old worn out saying. But I'll bet Greenleaf is a snazzy dresser! :)

Little

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I have to defend Patsy here. She had worn those clothes for only a few hours and they were her special "Christmas outfit". Stewart Long hadn't seen her wearing them. I see this as a reasonable argument for her putting the same clothes back on.

I don't wash every garment I wear regardless of how long I've worn it. I tend to do it on merit. Most things go into the laundry (work clothes certainly do). I'm being honest here and recognise that I leave myself open to criticism but it is the truth. When clothes are manufactured, they are treated with a stainguard substance. This means that the garments stay crisper, cleaner and fresher for longer until they are washed for the first time. Some people may have noticed this.

I concede that not taking a shower in a house full of bathrooms is odd, but Patsy may have done a top and tail at the sink - I don't believe that we know the precise details of her wash :)

To suggest that she was smelly is presumptive IMO.

I also think that if Patsy HAD killed JonBenet, then she would definitely have changed and probably even disposed of the clothes she was wearing.

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I'm not critizing your wash habits Jayelles...I wouldn't have worn the outfit again. BUT I am a slob and more apt to spill food or drink on my outfit. Plus I can't stand the smoke smell and I am a smoker!

If Patsy was due at the Whites by say 6:00 (I can't remember the exact time) she was more the likely dressed by 5:00...she told us she did some chores before retiring by 10:00. That leaves 5 to 6 hours of wearing the outfit...enough time to get fairly smelly.

Patsy was a constant shopper, hiding a lot of purchases from John, and with her beauty queen background, wearing the same outfit the next day seems unlikely to me.

(I realize during chemo times Patsy probably did wear the same outfit 2 days in a row....even I would if I were bedridden and fighting for my life.)

Correct me if I am wrong here anyone, but on Christmas Day Patsy wore pajamas that morning, changed into clothes, then changed again before attending the Whites.

This is why I don't buy Patsy's explaination she simply had to wear the same outfit on the day she wanted to make a great impression on Melissa's fiance.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Another oddity.

I find it odd that Patsy Ramsey has had Stage Four cancer for over ten years now, and not only isn't dead, but also is healthy enough to run all around Upper Michigan campaigning for her husband.

But then "miracles" are odd.

10. Tez

Tez Member

Yes, that is very odd.

One of the odd things to me is Dr. Beuf's infamous walk with John the first night at the Fernies. I would love to know what was talked about on that little walk-a-bout. Why would he leave Patsy there, she really needed comfort. But yet, he's out walking with the good doctor.

11. luvbug

luvbug Member

This entire case is odd!

I find it very odd that Patsy was allowed to give her handwriting sample at the DA's home, instead of the police department. Come on, how much favortism can you give someone?

Also, I find it very odd that Patsy jumped over this note, turned around and read it, without picking it up! My, isn't Patsy limber? Remember, John read this note on his hand and knees, in his underwear. Noone can say how this letter moved from the staircase to the floor. I guess it just did so magically, as neither John's or Patsy's fingerprints were found on the note.

Patsy was too "distraught" to talk to the police, but she looked quite calm, maybe sedated, when she gave the interview to CNN only a few days later.

I also find it odd that the great DA Keenan wants to blame dear sweet Santa, who was very old and feeble and now can't defend himself because he is dead.

The pineapple, oh yeah, the intruder just happened to know how much JB loved that fruit, so he brought it, and used Patsy's bowl!

12. Tez

Tez Member

Welcome LuvBug! You said it, this whole case is weird!

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I have scanned the entirety of DOI and JONBENET'S MOTHER in Acrobat and have been busy marking up the resulting pdf files with searchable comments (bless the wonders of technology and all due worship to Adobe for creating Acrobat). If there were such a thing as a metal detector for odd statements, mine would be beeping continually when applied to so much the Ramseys have said, and what has been said about them.

Let us dip into the pool of yellow notes marked "questions" in these pdf files/books.

Question: Why, on page 242 of DOI, did Patsy say that she saw the My Twinn doll lying in its box, with its eyes closed, and call to mind the image of JonBenet dead in a coffin? The customized My Twinn dolls did not have eyes that closed. I speculate that Patsy may have made an inadvertant confession here, unknowingly admitting that she saw JonBenet dead in the coffin of the windowless room with her eyes closed, and helping her own memory absolve her of blame by shifting the memory to a false one made up about the My Twinn doll.

Question: Why did John get a vasectomy sometime in the years after JonBenet's conception and before Patsy's cancer was diagnosed, as mentioned by Patsy in DOI, page 75? Whatever birth control method they had already been using apparently was 100% effective. They had Burke five and half years after their wedding night, so it worked all that time, and then it was another three and a half years of 100% effectiveness before JonBenet was conceived. So why bother altering John's ability to father a child with a procedure that is not generally considered easy to reverse? If we give any credence to Steve Thomas's statement that Patsy was worried about a particular blonde rival for John's affections, then the easy explanation for the vasectomy is that Patsy convinced John to have it, so he would not become father to yet a third family other than the ones he already had had with Lucinda and Patsy.

Question: On page 169 of DOI, John claims that it was difficult to wake up Burke and JonBenet every Sunday and get them to church, which is why the family usually sat at the back of the congregation. As most churchgoers know, Sunday services are usually not particularly early, and at St. John's Episcopal, the ordinary Sunday service began at ten in the morning. So if it was difficult, with all of John's and Patsy's years of experience, to get Burke and JonBenet fed and dressed to go to a place they actually enjoyed going, why was there some major assumption that Patsy would be able to easily wake, feed and dress Burke and JonBenet at an extraordinarily early hour and in an extraordinarily short time for them, on a day which was not Christmas?

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Lots of odd stuff going on here.

[One of] he oddest things to me is Mary Keenan's hiring of Ramsey advocate, Lou Smit to investigate the murder instead of hiring a completely unbiased investigator. Also, Hunter's capitulation on the issue of Smit's taking his work product, the Powerpoint presentation, with him when he resigned from the investigation the first time. That computer program was created during his employment - employment paid for by taxpayer money. What did Smit have on Hunter to force Hunter to give in?

Smit resigned in the first place because he wasn't getting his own way regarding the direction of the investigation. When intruder theorist Keenan took over the DA's position, Smit returned. How can anything be more frucked up that that? How odd is it that personal opinion (Keenan's) rules the direction of the investigation within the DA's office?

15. Elle

Elle Member

Why_nut,

This is the part which made me think Patsy Ramsey suffered from some kind of depression to state these morbid thoughts, but I have to consider she was writing this in hindsight, and had to get it right for the readers. Making it look like she had a premonition of JonBenét's death before it happened.

Patsy would very easily say she made a mistake about the doll's eyes being closed, WN, and as per usual, get away with it! She got away with all the "ers and ums and can't recall anything scene" over and over again.

16. Elle

Elle Member

You're right WY. Lou Smit should have been removed from this investigation without a doubt; he is too biased with his opinions.

Tricia seems to have a lot of faith in Tom Bennett, the investigator chosen by D.A. Keenan I hope she's right, and that he doesn't fall into the category of being a "Yes" man to Keenan (?).

17. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Why_Nutt, you went to a lot of work to put this together. Thank you.

I agree. Patsy was inadvertantly confessing. I think she has done so in other areas too.

As far as the time schedule that morning, that has always bothered me. A lot. I can't figure it out. There is no way they could've arrived at the airport, ready, on time, with the amount of time Patsy and John would have allowed to get everyone ready. Why would both lie? Or, why try and do the impossible.

As far as John being a bit "randy" as they say in G.B., I can't even go there with that visual. :rolleyes:

P.S. when we were in the Denver airport there were "My Twin Doll's" all over the place. Gave me the creeps

18. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Why nut - what a lot of work! You are amazing....first time I ever heard the Twinn dolls eyes don't close...the 'weaving of purple' on the Christmas tree and Patsy's visual of JonBenet in a coffin are odd indeed!

I also find it odd the Ramsey's friends, who were there that terrible morning, the Fernie's and White's doubt their friends innocence and don't communicate with them anymore. What did the Whites and Fernies observe from the Ramsey that morning?

In ST's book Patsy had to be lead into the room where JonBenet's dead body lie, in DOI Patsy says she was fighting to get into the room....which is true? Is this one of the reasons the Whites and Fernies doubt the Ramsey's innocence? I think so.

19. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I think it's odd that the first instance of negativity (between the BPD and DA) came from Peter Hofstrom, assistant DA on the afternoon of December 26 1996, during a telephone conversation with Commander John Eller, where he demanded the police continue their search by ripping up the floorboards throuhout the home as, he also wanted the entire house dusted for fingerprints and searched for footprints. Eller was insulted and the conversation ended on a sour note. Not getting anywhere with the brickwall Eller, he called Chief Tom Koby at his house and expressed further frustration.

Following their conversation, Koby phoned Eller and told him to "take Hofstrom more seriously." What's odd about this is the fact that Tom Koby was not only chief of police that year, but he was also the Vice President of the Family Learning Center (formerly San Juan Childrens Learning Center) which was incorporated in the mid 90's by members of St. John's Episcopal Church (though it's not directly affiliated to the church on paper aside from the substantial yearly donation St. John's made to them).

[This isn't odd in itself, but what is odd is that Susan Stine was the President at that same time, so in essence Susan Stine was Tom Koby's boss at the Family Learning Center.]

Hofstrom called Koby at his home that morning to complain but made that personal contact awfully fast for two people who didn't know each other very well. Hofstrom may have been comfortable enough to call him at home because he was also a member of St. John's Episcopal Church and was as well known and liked within the church as the Ramsey's were. Tom Koby has never publicly admitted to being a member of St. John's and he may not have been a regular attender considering what he did for a living, but he did work for an agency that was incorporated by and filled with members of the church; so it's clear that there was some affiliation.

Isn't it odd that the same agency (BPD) was accused of treating the Ramsey's with 'kid gloves' was headed by a man who was so quite possibly compromised by personal feelings and religious beliefs?

Bryan Morgan (the Ramsey's first attorney, a close Ramsey family friend & a St. John's member) and Pete Hofstrom, had lunch together four times (that were actually recorded in his planner) but they'd already known each other for years prior to that through church. And because of the close personal friendship the Ramsey's and Bryan Morgan claim to have and the fact that the Ramsey's too were members of St. John's, I don't see how they could'nt have know Hofstrom all that time.

The Foyer Group Dinner that was held at the Ramsey's home on December 14, 1996 was a large group composed of St. John's members, it's possible that anyone in the church could have been there that night; maybe that's why none of us have a list of people that were in the house.

Isn't it alltogether odd that at no time have either John or Patsy pointed their finger at anyone from their church? They've never suspected that people who knew the house as well as these people could have since the Foyer Dinner was within a couple weeks of the murder?

On the afternoon of December 26th, at the Fernie's house, Dr. Beuf was the one who told police: "in my professional opinion, Patsy is in no condition to leave this house." Does he even have the authority to say something like that? He was also a member of St. John's who was also considered a very close family friend of the Ramseys. He recieved a Mechanical Engineering degree from Cal-Tech in the mid 50's and worked in Aerospace for nearly 30 years before he decided to 'take a break' go to med school and become, of all things, a Pediatrician.
    I think it's odd that he gave JonBenet internal exams at six-years-old.

20. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Whoa.

Dude.

Now this is the sort of post that turns over the rocks of the case and exposes the termites and worms who have undermined the case's integrity and infrastructure. You are exactly right. There are levels of connections between the case players which even Schiller did not touch, and those informal religious and club connections may, ultimately, be more important to the players than their professional and intimate connections to the case.

You have given us information I have absolutely no doubt can be confirmed, but the map you lay out is not entirely familiar to me in its details, so I shall now chew all this over.

(Coincidentally, I was perusing the St. John's web site yesterday, and noting that Barbara Fernie is now the church's Safehouse Pastor, Bryan Morgan was one of the congregants mentioned in Sunday's church bulletin as celebrating his birthday this week, and I do not know if it is the same woman, but the church bulletin also asks for prayers of healing for a woman named Patsy, which of course does make me raise an eyebrow, wondering just what the state of our Patsy's health is these days; if she is finally heading permanently south, so to speak, Hoverstock would be one of the few to know.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice