It Seems Lou Smit Needs More Money

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I'm dying to know who is going to help him this? He can't do it by himself. Do you think the Stines will reappear?

2. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

4. Little

Little Member

Smit is just soooooo happy

Renewed hope for Ramsey detective
    Long before others, Lou Smit concluded that an intruder killed JonBenet.
    By Erin Emery
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 07/14/2008 01:04:30 AM MDT

COLORADO SPRINGS — Veteran homicide detective Lou Smit, who long maintained that an intruder killed JonBenet Ramsey, said a letter last week from Boulder DA Mary Lacy exonerating the Ramsey family may change public opinion in the case.

"Public opinion now, I think, is going to be affected to where perhaps they will look very strongly now at an intruder. There's still things that could be in the police reports that could be followed up on," said Smit, who investigated the 1996 killing of the 6-year-old girl. "I'm sure they'll look again at police reports very carefully to try to find some undeveloped leads there."

Three months after JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in her parents' basement, then-District Attorney Alex Hunter asked Smit to come out of retirement and help with the investigation.

But in September 1998, Smit quit, convinced the Ramseys didn't kill their daughter and that investigators were ignoring evidence pointing away from the couple. In 2000, Smit went public with evidence that he said pointed to an intruder.

"I'm very glad that Mary Lacy stood out and had enough strength of character to do that," Smit said. "It's not easy to do, to say you're sorry. And John Ramsey is feeling very good about it, too. I did have a chance to talk to him, and he feels very relieved now that they'll be able to focus their efforts now on finding the killer."

Smit said that the DNA left behind in the JonBenet case will be the killer's "undoing some day. Once we identify him and start checking into his background, who knows what we will find. This was a brutal murder."

Smit said the Ramsey case could lead investigators to other cases.

"Up until this time, when the Ramseys were exonerated, who actually was looking into the police reports to determine if there were similar cases out there?" Smit said. "If the police agencies aren't involved in looking for the killer, nobody is going to even look at similarities. . . .

"If it's not the Ramseys," Smit added, "it's an intruder, and he's still out there."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_9871583

5. Little

Little Member

OMG, John's had almost 12 flippin' years to "search for the killer". Well, in between flights and golf games.

OMG again! Listen nimrod - you and your buddies have every file the BPD had plus the backing of the DA (which is something the BPD did not have). What have you been doing all these years?

Lou, I swear to God you've looked into the faces of those responsible for years.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice