It's official John is running...THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ginja I for one want him to run. Then he will have to answer all kinds of questions about his "foundation" and pesky things like lie detectors and such.

However I don't want him to win.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

He

won't win.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Maybe Comrade Wood will run interferance and make sure no one is able to print the truth.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

We should send his Republican pals the police "interviews" where good old Uncle Johnny tries to finger all his old friends for the murder of his daughter! You know, just to show them how he treats his friends at the first sign of trouble!

5. purr

purr Active Member

ginja........

i went to post a letter to the editor.

but when i clicked on that link,
    i got samples.

i couldnt see where to click to actually
    write it and send it.

could you walk me throught it please?

thanks,
    purr

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Help! Anyone!

Could someone explain to me the hierarchy of your political system?

President (OK I understand this one!) but
    Governors?
    Senators?
    Congressmen?

I'm trying to get a handle on this..

We have (in descending order):-

Prime Minister
    MPs (Cabinet Ministers)
    MPS (Back benchers)
    Local Councillors

Would John Ramsey be running for a position *like* our local Councillor or is it more like an MP that he's running for (or something totally different again?)? Local Councillor is an unpaid position in the UK but they can claim expenses (some don't even do that - our's doesn't - he cycles around his ward!). Councillors deal with local issues and a town can have dozens of councillors. Scotland is divided into "wards" - a ward would perhaps take in all or part of a large housing estate. I know it would be on a grander scale given the size of the UK compared to the US, but I'm thinking Senators are a bit like our Cabinet ministers.

Some MPs start off as councillors.

Anyone?

7. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia,

I have always thought Psychology played a big part with Patsy and John Ramsey, and maybe they're both still into it. Maybe he's thinking that if he "just applies" for a House Seat, that all those who think the Ramseys "are guilty" will now think "they can't be guilty" if they are willing once again to face public scrutiny. He can always withdraw at an appropriate time. Just a thought!

8. Ginja

Ginja Member

Jayelles

On the national level, we have three branches of government: the Presidency, the Supreme Court, and Congress. No branch can act alone, being "checked" by one or both of the other branches. IOW, Congress can pass a law, the President can veto it, and the Supreme Court will rule on the validity.

Within the Congress are two chambers: the Senate and House of Representatives. Each state elects congressional representatives to the House, and senators to the Senate.

The same "setup" of the three branches exists in each state. Instead of a "president", the state has it's Governor who'll run the state (as compared to the president running the country). Each state has its state supreme court. And each state has it's General Assembly (analogous to Congress) with local (state) representatives and senators.

Ramsey is running at the state level for a seat in the General Assembly as a "representative".

Hope this helps.

9. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Thanks for the history lesson Ginja....

but the only thing that will "help" is if John Ramsey is defeated and if he is exposed in his lies while running for office....Thank you very much....

Voyager

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Voyager that is what I am hoping will happen. You hit it.

11. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Lurker - ...once he files as a candidate for public office, he becomes 100% a public figure, and the gloves are off. Yes, it does seem as if Lin Woody is trolling for more lawsuits, but it won't work this time.

You hit the nail on the head, Lurker! Lin Wood's days are numbered as relates to suing for John and Patsy if John runs for political office - he will, of course, still have Burke to sue for. OTOH, he seems quite busy with his new money trees.

I look forward to John Ramsey running for political office. It should be quite entertaining... I particularly can't wait to see Patsy strutting around as the candidates wife!

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Ginja

Thanks, I got it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice